• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Breaking News Official at last. Maher,Currie,Bentley.

I’m fired up for Saturday come in first team time to turn up and get us out the bottom half of the league

My favourite thing about that club statement (apart from confirming what looks like a strong coaching team) is that Ron is nowhere near it - Tom fronting up for the club as CEO an important signal that Ron maybe stepping back on football matters and is bought into the new structure. If that plays out, that's as big as any bit of news for me.

The man who turned his own Southend career around

The man who has been knocked back from this job previously, but battled back again

The only Southend player who’s name I’ve had on the back of my shirt

The man who has come back to manage us before his own testimonial

On top of all that is an absolute proper bloke

Delighted. ****ing delighted. Welcome home King Kev

What a ****ing team ? absolutely buzzing with that. Feels like we’re well on the way to getting our club back. 3 good football people who know these leagues and know this club. Well done Stan the man and team!

Very surprised Currie has come in as assistant though. But not complaining!

Doesn't get much better than that! It might not turn things around immediately but feeling more positive about our direction recently thanks to Stan

Better than expected- and I am a resident optimist! Three very very good coaches. To get Maher and Currie (where either or would have been expected) is a great coup. Mark Bentley is a whopping great cherry on top. They all know the local area, the local leagues and will be locally based. Experience of the NL? Kev has managed NL South, Currie NL and Bentley at Canvey of course. All boxes with a huge great flashing tick! Well done the recruiting team. Really happy.

Back