• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

The only debate should be how much should we improve PB's new contract by��

He is as well! :thumbsup::happy:

I'd heard the ban was reduced to a couple of months, so looks like it's expired.

Welcome back.

Looking forward to tomorrow's match report! :cool:

I honestly think that if Ben Coker + Rob Kiernan had been fit all season , we would be top of the league right now. With pretty much our whole defence either injured / playing with injuries / suspended / on international duty ( apart from the ever reliable John White ) its been our lack of confidence at the back holding our whole team back.
Our squad is quality all over the park with experienced top quality ex premier + Championship players. We are only a good win below the play offs so im very very confident we will still go up this season. Brown wont get a better job yet but once he takes us up then next season both him + Lenny will be so sought after they can name their price.

So stop the guff and get right behind the lads tonight against our pathetically woeful 6 fingered friends from up the A12 , we need our players' confidence building and wins breeds wins breeds wins. So come along , lets hear the Roots Hall roar and rather than grumble at one of our players making a bad pass , let rip into the likes of Ryan Innes or any of his rubbish colleagues and lets watch how abuse adversely affects the OPPOSITIONS players' confidence.

UTB

Have to say I totally disagree. Our attacking this season has often been predictable, insipid and pedestrian. Whilst we might've had a few more points in the bag if we had avoided all the injuries and leaking all those goals, there's no way we'd be above the Shrews. For me, the unstructured pre-season and the usual scramble to cover the shortfalls in the squad have been the key factor limiting our upside (unless your original post is pure sarcasm and I've had a whoosh moment :smile:).

Have to say I totally disagree. Our attacking this season has often been predictable, insipid and pedestrian. Whilst we might've had a few more points in the bag if we had avoided all the injuries and leaking all those goals, there's no way we'd be above the Shrews. For me, the unstructured pre-season and the usual scramble to cover the shortfalls in the squad have been the key factor limiting our upside (unless your original post is pure sarcasm and I've had a whoosh moment :smile:).

You do realise, unless I've missed something, we are better off this season than we were this time last season and last season we ended up 1 point off play offs.

I would also say that a more sound defence does affect the way you attack, its all connected. Belief in your back line is vital. Also, Coker is a far greater attacking presence than Timlin is. Every cog is vital if you want to succeed, look at Liverpool awesome going forward, awful at the back, you need the balance and a strong first choice back line would have a positive impact on any football you play and also the results !

You do realise, unless I've missed something, we are better off this season than we were this time last season and last season we ended up 1 point off play offs.

I would also say that a more sound defence does affect the way you attack, its all connected. Belief in your back line is vital. Also, Coker is a far greater attacking presence than Timlin is. Every cog is vital if you want to succeed, look at Liverpool awesome going forward, awful at the back, you need the balance and a strong first choice back line would have a positive impact on any football you play and also the results !

I agree with much of what you say. However, I stay firm in my assertion that we would not be top if we simply had a fully fit Coker and Kiernan, which was the crux of my reply to the initial post.

You're correct, we're not in a bad position as it stands, but our recent performances have been far from convincing and we're 13 points off the automatics, compared to being 8 points from the dropzone. So, rightfully in my mind, I'm cautious about our prospects.

My main point is that we can blame injuries, but poor planning in the off-season has hampered our start for the last couple of seasons. We can't afford to be playing catch-up in such a tightly contested division.

I am confused - weren't we 5th highest scores in the division last year? Or has last season been expunged by the Ministry of Truth as being inconvenient?

At last somebody who shares my point of view BROWN IN. We have improved every season there is nothing else to say.

Please be aware of the etiquette on Shrimperzone. Such a posting should always be finished with "Fact. End of." It ensures that people do not think to question that your position might be an opinion that requires consideration and weighing alongside the views of other posters. :unsure:

I actually think the vast majority of people sit somewhere in the middle on the Brown debate

There's the people who log-on straight after a defeat and re-emphasize their point. On the other hand, there are people who will back Brown regardless.

Neither camp are idiots, clueless or otherwise.

The rest of us appreciate that Brown has his faults, but in general has done a decent job. Understand that he might want a position elsewhere and also, if he did go, would just move on and see who is next to manage our club, hoping it's someone like a Tilly or Webby, but accepting that if it's not, that it's someone who keeps us stable and gives us a bit of hope for the future.

Good post. Think this sums up the majority.

If and i doubt it PB does leave before the end of the season ,then Coughlan would take over with Maher as his assistant , then depending on how the pairing perform,RM will either look for another manager or appoint them .

If and i doubt it PB does leave before the end of the season ,then Coughlan would take over with Maher as his assistant , then depending on how the pairing perform,RM will either look for another manager or appoint them .

LOL..
Your a real genius!... Ever considered a career in spread betting? :hilarious:

Back