• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

What a crap site. Love the advert for ripe Russian mature women though.:smile:

The adverts are based on what you have recently looked at on the internet. For example, the advert I got was for Talk Talk.

I think you've just given away more than you intended!

No he hasn't. He's had loads of problems with his back and neck this year, and pretty constant problems with his knees - he's always got loads of that tape on. It's been reported several time how he's playing through the pain.

I should have clarified.. I'm aware of Corr's injury 'issues', but what I mean is it hasn't stopped him playing. He has in the main been fit to play all season. He's played in 22 of our 26 games & last season made 51 appearances. He may have issues, but they don't stop him playing.

He's played through the pain barrier for about 5 years now, doesn't stop him being an absolute legend and banging in he winner with 10 minutes to go! Love you Barry <3

#BBBC

Some player ratings and random thoughts to follow; haven&#8217;t enjoyed a game as much since the 10 man victory at Pompey. Hoping for more of the same next week.

Bentley &#8211; 6.5. Let in 2 goals, pulled off some good saves.
White &#8211; 7. Reasonably solid at the back, got forward a few times.
Coker &#8211; 8.5. MOM Set up all 3 goals, went past their defence with ease, superb performance. Looks like a cross between Jimmy Bullard and a lad I went to school with.
Thompson &#8211; 7. Looked pretty solid actually, put in some great tackles. I think this was one of his best games for us &#8211; seems to be developing well.
B-Williams - 6.5. Got completely wrong-sided for their first goal, some nice touches though and will improve. Makes me far less nervous in the centre of defence.
Leonard &#8211; 7. Better, and needed to be.
Atkinson &#8211; 7. Atkinson is a machine, covers every blade of grass on the pitch. Solid game as usual.
Deegan &#8211; 6. Shouldn&#8217;t have got sent off, was good until then. Magnificent beard (BOTM).
Worral &#8211; 7.5. Always a threat going forward, loads of positive play, chased everything.
Lester &#8211; 7. We thought he looked slow and off the pace compared to his debut, but certainly had bursts of speed in his locker when he needed it &#8211; lovely timing of his run for the goal.
Cassidy &#8211; 6. Didn&#8217;t see much of him to be honest. Although it was hard to see, I think he cleared one off the line for us though. He and Lester must work on building a partnership &#8211; they were obviously looking for each other in and around the box which is encouraging.
Corr &#8211; 7.5. Took his goal well, seemed to annoy the ref. All good.
Timlin &#8211; 7. Solid stuff from the tiny dancer, to be honest he can do very little wrong in my eyes.
Payne &#8211; 6. Did the hardest part near the end &#8211; beat the keeper, but missed the goal, battled well as usual.

Pint of Devil&#8217;s Backbone &#8211; 9.5. POTM. Very, very good. Crisp, refreshing, strong. Tastes like beer used to taste.
BBQ hog burger &#8211; 6. A little dry, but came with onion rings &#8211; result.
13.5 hour day &#8211; 9. Easy train and bus, cracking win, great beer, leftover Chinese for tea when we got in. Lost a point because I wore long-jonathans and a stupid polo neck thing to keep out the cold which were uncomfortable. Never again. My boots were, however, warm and waterproof, and I had a peanut Lion Bar at half time.

I have no problem with Mr Brown&#8217;s changes, which seemed sensible at the time. I was however extremely frustrated by our tactics before our 3[SUP]rd[/SUP] goal went in. We were getting penned in by a very poor Oxford side who were desperate to finish what they started, and when we won possession back, we just stood there, in our own half, examining our navels, with no one at all available to play out to, to generate an attack. I am generally a very positive supporter, but I don&#8217;t mind telling you I was on the verge of engaging in a bit of stern tutting.
Still, all&#8217;s well that ends well.

Some player ratings and random thoughts to follow; haven&#8217;t enjoyed a game as much since the 10 man victory at Pompey. Hoping for more of the same next week.

Bentley &#8211; 6.5. Let in 2 goals, pulled off some good saves.
White &#8211; 7. Reasonably solid at the back, got forward a few times.
Coker &#8211; 8.5. MOM Set up all 3 goals, went past their defence with ease, superb performance. Looks like a cross between Jimmy Bullard and a lad I went to school with.
Thompson &#8211; 7. Looked pretty solid actually, put in some great tackles. I think this was one of his best games for us &#8211; seems to be developing well.
B-Williams - 6.5. Got completely wrong-sided for their first goal, some nice touches though and will improve. Makes me far less nervous in the centre of defence.
Leonard &#8211; 7. Better, and needed to be.
Atkinson &#8211; 7. Atkinson is a machine, covers every blade of grass on the pitch. Solid game as usual.
Deegan &#8211; 6. Shouldn&#8217;t have got sent off, was good until then. Magnificent beard (BOTM).
Worral &#8211; 7.5. Always a threat going forward, loads of positive play, chased everything.
Lester &#8211; 7. We thought he looked slow and off the pace compared to his debut, but certainly had bursts of speed in his locker when he needed it &#8211; lovely timing of his run for the goal.
Cassidy &#8211; 6. Didn&#8217;t see much of him to be honest. Although it was hard to see, I think he cleared one off the line for us though. He and Lester must work on building a partnership &#8211; they were obviously looking for each other in and around the box which is encouraging.
Corr &#8211; 7.5. Took his goal well, seemed to annoy the ref. All good.
Timlin &#8211; 7. Solid stuff from the tiny dancer, to be honest he can do very little wrong in my eyes.
Payne &#8211; 6. Did the hardest part near the end &#8211; beat the keeper, but missed the goal, battled well as usual.

Pint of Devil&#8217;s Backbone &#8211; 9.5. POTM. Very, very good. Crisp, refreshing, strong. Tastes like beer used to taste.
BBQ hog burger &#8211; 6. A little dry, but came with onion rings &#8211; result.
13.5 hour day &#8211; 9. Easy train and bus, cracking win, great beer, leftover Chinese for tea when we got in. Lost a point because I wore long-jonathans and a stupid polo neck thing to keep out the cold which were uncomfortable. Never again. My boots were, however, warm and waterproof, and I had a peanut Lion Bar at half time.

I have no problem with Mr Brown&#8217;s changes, which seemed sensible at the time. I was however extremely frustrated by our tactics before our 3[SUP]rd[/SUP] goal went in. We were getting penned in by a very poor Oxford side who were desperate to finish what they started, and when we won possession back, we just stood there, in our own half, examining our navels, with no one at all available to play out to, to generate an attack. I am generally a very positive supporter, but I don&#8217;t mind telling you I was on the verge of engaging in a bit of stern tutting.
Still, all&#8217;s well that ends well.

Would agree with most of your ratings, but would up grade a few.
Bentley- not his fault for the first goal, did flap at the second but it was a quality delivery. made up for it with faultless second half.
B-Williams-7.5 true about positioning, but the highlights are bit unfair. Again great when it really counted
Payne-7 normal to say wasn't on long enough, but his clearance off the line was a 9 on its own. His late run was our move of the match, when you consider the time and the pressure we were under.

By the way as we had blagged our way into the directors area I have to tell you the following
pre-match free sandwiches- 7
halftime tea and biscuits- 6 quality of coffee let them down
FREE after match beer 10 beautifully presented selection of, that's right FREE, bottled beer in a large iced bucket. Poured into a high quality glass by a couple of Oxford ladies, after a 3-2 win with 10men.

Someone asked me why did I bother going all the way to Oxford. I just smiled, they would never under stand

FREE after match beer 10 beautifully presented selection of, that's right FREE, bottled beer in a large iced bucket. Poured into a high quality glass by a couple of Oxford ladies, after a 3-2 win with 10men.

Someone asked me why did I bother going all the way to Oxford. I just smiled, they would never under stand

Sounds like it wasn't just the beer :winking:

I have no problem with Mr Brown’s changes, which seemed sensible at the time. I was however extremely frustrated by our tactics before our 3[SUP]rd[/SUP] goal went in. We were getting penned in by a very poor Oxford side who were desperate to finish what they started, and when we won possession back, we just stood there, in our own half, examining our navels, with no one at all available to play out to, to generate an attack. I am generally a very positive supporter, but I don’t mind telling you I was on the verge of engaging in a bit of stern tutting.
Still, all’s well that ends well.

To be fair to PB, I was watching him quite a bit at that stage, everytime we got the ball he was waving wildly for everyone to push forward. Seems they didn't pay attention!

To be fair to PB, I was watching him quite a bit at that stage, everytime we got the ball he was waving wildly for everyone to push forward. Seems they didn't pay attention!
Always difficult to be seen, waving wildly from row z of the main stand

This was before he got booted out :smile:

Yes TS, I did understand.
thumbs%20up%20new%20aug%202010.gif
Just used the chance to give PB a ribbing as I have been accused of defending him to much

Back