• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Official Match Thread Oxford V Southend United

The tactics and selections which got us the most points in a season we've ever had?

Yet ultimately wasnt enough, so it really doesnt matter now does it? We are still in league 2, end of story... he didnt have enough to get us over the line with a very good squad for this level.

Also, I wasnt bemoaning last seasons tactics as much as what I've seen this pre/season - Sturrock dug himself this hole by declaring "we were too defensive especially at home at times last season, this season we will be going for teams" and then on match day 1 goes ultra negative, plays players out of position and leaves the new signings he has just bought in on the bench.

I've backed Sturrock over the last 2 years, ultimately this season he has to deliver promotion and at the moment, dont see any evidence that we can do that. Still a long way to go though eh...

Undoubtedly a v poor ref display tonight; the facts are we didn't have an attempt on their goal in the third of the game we did have a full team for. With 11 players we might have got a goal from a set piece but i feel ox's were the better team. They were better because they got forward quicker and with a bruiser up front and runners from midfield. Our light weights make some half openings and then passed to an offside player! when the crowd was roaring for them to SHOOT. Something is wrong in the training and confidence: extra shooting practice and some 1/1s needed desperately or is PS just banking on Fred and Barry because he has shown he has no confidence in Bomber. Hall was either very poor and uninterested tonight or sleep walking with fits of effort in small bursts between the lethargy.

What's all this bollox about "we were down to ten men so we're bound to lose"? If that's the case then that's the most damning indictment of our squad on this forum.

Have we all forgotten the time we scored a winner at Swansea with only EIGHT players on the pitch (a game we scored more goals in than the number of shots we managed last night).

Two shots over 90 minutes is pathetic. So is blaming the ref. If you're on a yellow card for a stupid challenge, don't give your man the chance to get you sent off. If you trip your man when he's got in front of you you know what's coming.

People on and off the pitch should man up.

There's still 132 points available.

Something is wrong in the training and confidence: extra shooting practice and some 1/1s needed desperately or is PS just banking on Fred and Barry because he has shown he has no confidence in Bomber. Hall was either very poor and uninterested tonight or sleep walking with fits of effort in small bursts between the lethargy.

Tell me how he's shown that?

Back