• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

mrsblue

Banned
Latest scapegoat for the Southend faithful,this guy is often exposed but some think he should be pulling off worldies every 10 minutes.

Blimey this guy just like every keeper in the entire world needs protection...lay off him for gods sake.

To put this into context.

A few years ago I found myself watching Kilmarnock play in the Scottish Premier League. Their full back was Sean Clohessy. He was a fine League Two player, but no more. The Killie faithful reckoned he was a quality player.

We got Oxley from Hibernian. Who play a whole division lower where the standard probably equates to the lower half of the National League. And he couldn't get a game for them.

And therein lays the problem. He is has been put into a level of football that he isn't good enough for. And its painfully obvious.

A few years ago I found myself watching Kilmarnock play in the Scottish Premier League. Their full back was Sean Clohessy. He was a fine League Two player, but no more. The Killie faithful reckoned he was a quality player.

We got Oxley from Hibernian. Who play a whole division lower where the standard probably equates to the lower half of the National League. And he couldn't get a game for them.

And therein lays the problem. He is has been put into a level of football that he isn't good enough for. And its painfully obvious.

Exactly this !

Ox has been put into situations which he struggles with,not his fault but the people who signed him.

A few seasons back we signed Glen Morris ,nothing spectacular but a solid keeper at the level required...How did Brown think Oxley was up to this league?

Latest scapegoat for the Southend faithful,this guy is often exposed but some think he should be pulling off worldies every 10 minutes.

Blimey this guy just like every keeper in the entire world needs protection...lay off him for gods sake.
Obviously weren't at the game or haven't watched the highlights if you think he had to pull off 'worldies' to save their 1st and 4th goal. He wasn't 'exposed' for the first goal either, was obviously left exposed after we went down to ten but being exposed is no excuse for making simple mistakes week in week out.

Are you bothering to watch games live at the minute mrsblue? If so you'd know that at home Oxley has only made one decent save, early on v Millwall. He's let numerous other saveable shots slip through his grasp. Plus he doesn't command his area at all well IMO. Culpable for numerous goals Yes, scapegoat No, other players have been equally poor sadly :'(.

Not sure I fancy Ted taking over on Tuesday either. Desperate times require desperate measures. Anybody know if Paul Smith is still registered to play? I think even he would have saved at least two of today's goals.

He is reminiscent of emberson. Following a fan favourite is difficult. At least back then we could re sign flahavan now we are stuck with a dud.

You guys have missed my point,

Phil signed him and Phil selects him,now tell me who is at fault.

Agree with you there, your earlier post (first in the thread) made it look like you thought he was a good signing who was being unfairly criticised. :blush:

Edit - You ignored my earlier post, are you actually watching any games live at the moment?

That is a bit of a different point to that you made in your OP i.e. expectation that he should be making worldies. He is clearly not at the required standard having made 3 big blunders (Gill EFL, Fleetwood and today) in 8 starts and letting in a number of other goals which it could be argued should have been dealt with better. Now you can blame Brown for signing him but in a way, with a big match on Tuesday, it is more important to try and find solutions quickly (if there are any).

Back