• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Petition Here....

just sign the dam thing
tounge.gif

Dont start acting the big man Stu, PM me if you want to sort this out off board.

Im not having you calling me a mug.

mad.gif

Oh and sign the petition, it will improve the atmosphere.

tounge.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Smiffy @ Mar. 04 2005,15:22)]Dont start acting the big man Stu, PM me if you want to sort this out off board.

Im not having you calling me a mug.

mad.gif

Oh and sign the petition, it will improve the atmosphere.

tounge.gif
Rabbloke sort this idiot out!!

suspect.gif

Nah, fraid I aint going to be signing this petition. I, for one, wouldn't be moving into the North Bank so there isn't much point in me signing the petition really.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (TrueBlue @ Mar. 04 2005,14:35)]and 100!!! next target 150 good turn out for the online community I think
Are you sure you shouldn't be working for Labour's spin doctor department?!

14% of the registered users of the SZ community is far from a "good turnout", Scott!!

WS

It doesn't matter. There are over 850 registrations. That's a fact. So to suggest that the 119 or so signatures is a good representation is actually not ... an actual representation. More like a few regular posters have signed; just as many have not ...

WS

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Smiffy @ Mar. 04 2005,14:58)]Poor attitude.

mad.gif
Why is it a bad attitude? I personally don't believe giving Southend fans back the North Bank is a worthwhile or profitable exercise for the club so have not signed the petition. I respect those of you who do feel strongly about this for starting this camapign but you should respect my decision in not agreeing with you.

That is not a bad attitude, it is called democracy. If you start accusing people of not signing a petition as having a bad attitude you will do your cause more harm than good believe me - especially if you start petitioning around the ground on matchdays. People don't like being pressured into signing such things and will make their feelings known to you quite strongly.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Ron Manager @ Mar. 06 2005,10:14)]That is not a bad attitude, it is called democracy. If you start accusing people of not signing a petition as having a bad attitude you will do your cause more harm than good believe me - especially if you start petitioning around the ground on matchdays. People don't like being pressured into signing such things and will make their feelings known to you quite strongly.
Exactly. I haven't signed and this campaign will be dead on its feet if the people who have decided to embark on it start to pressurise and slag other fans for not supporting them because they will simply lose more and more support for their efforts. These lads need to have a good think about their strategy because, at the moment, it's not winning any friends ...

WS

I havent slated nobody everybody is entitled to their opinion I only set up the petition to see the current responce I will give it untill Friday and look at the situation and if it don't look good then I wont follow it up!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (TrueBlue @ Mar. 06 2005,11:20)]I havent slated nobody everybody is entitled to their opinion I only set up the petition to see the current responce I will give it untill Friday and look at the situation and if it don't look good then I wont follow it up!
Smiffy was quoted as saying 'poor attitude', not you.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Jávea Shrimper @ Mar. 06 2005,10:13)]It doesn't matter. There are over 850 registrations. That's a fact. So to suggest that the 119 or so signatures is a good representation is actually not ... an actual representation. More like a few regular posters have signed; just as many have not ...

WS
There's actually 815 (a fair few also have duplicate accounts). Thats a fact. Anyway ...

I'd say only a 1/4 of people are on SZ regularly. So i'd say over half of the 'regular' community have singed the petition. The thing which needs to be done is to get people around Roots Hall (clipboards) et all before a match (say Bristol Rovers - gunna be 9,000 at least) and have a couple of people outside the club shop, a couple round the west side, one by the garage (where we can also get signatures of non-sufc fans), one outside the chippy and perhaps another one inside the Spread. So there needs to be about 7/8 people prepared to do it between 6.15pm and 7.30pm and i'd say you'd get a fair few signatures. An online poll is pointless.

Kev

cool.gif

Back