• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Phil Brown set for more contract talks with Gary Deegan

Think you mean against Newport.

Great pass.

[video=youtube;yXwIx0PmQPE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yXwIx0PmQPE[/video]

Think you mean against Newport.

Great pass.

[video=youtube;yXwIx0PmQPE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yXwIx0PmQPE[/video]

That pass took out 4 defenders. It was the one I mentioned earlier in the thread so thanks for posting up.

For anyone that says Deegan can't pass, they need to watch this a few times

Deegan is a mix of Maher and Alan McCormack, cracking player IMO. I feel most that don't "rate" him, probably haven't played football to a very high standard. I'd imagine he is the type of player that your team mates love to have on the pitch and the opposition hate.

Sign him up, will be a superb option to have on the numerous naff journeys we have up north this year.

Deegan is a mix of Maher and Alan McCormack, cracking player IMO. I feel most that don't "rate" him, probably haven't played football to a very high standard. I'd imagine he is the type of player that your team mates love to have on the pitch and the opposition hate.

Sign him up, will be a superb option to have on the numerous naff journeys we have up north this year.

Not often I agree with you but on this occasion you are spot on

That pass took out 4 defenders. It was the one I mentioned earlier in the thread so thanks for posting up.

For anyone that says Deegan can't pass, they need to watch this a few times

Because he makes one good pass. I'm **** at football but I enjoy playing it and I have made a great pass before doesn't mean I'm going to have Real Madrid knocking on my door.

That is probably the most condescending thing you have ever posted on here. Regardless of whether a poster has played the game or not, they are entitled to an opinion which is as valid as anyone else's.

Because he makes one good pass. I'm **** at football but I enjoy playing it and I have made a great pass before doesn't mean I'm going to have Real Madrid knocking on my door.

And that explains why you don't understand the qualities of Deegan.

That is probably the most condescending thing you have ever posted on here. Regardless of whether a poster has played the game or not, they are entitled to an opinion which is as valid as anyone else's.

I disagree...and here is an example for you... Someone that has years of experience riding The Tour De France has a more valid opinion on how tough the TDF is in comparison to me, who has only watched it on TV.

Of course experience gives your opinion more credibility and validity...

Not a massive fan of Deegan, but can appreciate what he brings to the team. Think he will be a decent option next season, but wouldn't be sad if he left.

He is a decent passer, just because he made 1 great throughball doesn't make him amazing. That isn't his game though, 3 assists in 177 games proves that, and he doesn't need to be with Wordsworth signing.

1. I doubt that :winking:
2. Nobody is saying Deegan could play for Real Madrid.

Deegan has made plenty of good passes, it's just the bad ones people remember. He is in the middle of the park, harassing and pressuring the opposition. When he gets the ball, he get the same pressure back so not every pass he makes is perfect.

It's not all about the passing though, his break up play is brilliant and relieves pressure off the defence time after time. I'd love him to stay, he will be needed next season.

I disagree...and here is an example for you... Someone that has years of experience riding The Tour De France has a more valid opinion on how tough the TDF is in comparison to me, who has only watched it on TV.

Of course experience gives your opinion more credibility and validity...

I think we will have to agree to disagree. If we follow your line of logic, only those that have played to a high level are entitled to an informed opinion. The fact that people pay their money and watch players week in week out does entitle them to an opinion regardless of their Athletic prowess. A good example of this is found in Arsene Wenger who's playing career was entirely concluded at amateur clubs. Hardly a high enough level for him to have an opinion at Premiership level.

Last edited:
1. I doubt that :winking:
2. Nobody is saying Deegan could play for Real Madrid.

Deegan has made plenty of good passes, it's just the bad ones people remember. He is in the middle of the park, harassing and pressuring the opposition. When he gets the ball, he get the same pressure back so not every pass he makes is perfect.

It's not all about the passing though, his break up play is brilliant and relieves pressure off the defence time after time. I'd love him to stay, he will be needed next season.

Hmmn, yeah. A bit like how Paul Smith made plenty of great saves - but certain people tended to pick on the errors

I think we will have to agree to disagree. If we follow your line of logic, only those that have played to a high level are entitled to an informed opinion. The fact that people pay their money and watch players week in week out does entitle them to an opinion regardless of their Athletic prowess. A good example of this is found in Arsene Wenger who's playing career was entirely concluded at amateur clubs. Highly a high enough level for him to have an opinion at Premiership level.

Don't listen to the troll. I know pundits who have played for their country who are morons....

You don't have to be a carpenter to appreciate a decent bookcase, or a leading conductor to recognise a good piece of classical music.

Well, I'm firmly in the 'Deegan can do a job for us' camp. He brings a battling quality I think we lack without him. I have little doubt that he is capable of performing at this level. I would love him to stay.

If we play 4-2-3-1 next season (I personally hope we do to start with) then we need cover for Leonard and Timlin in the middle. We are a bit midfield heavy at the moment but I think that is mainly on the wings (Weston, Atkinson, Worrall, Hurst, maybe McLaughlin), rather than the 2 in the centre. I would see Wordsworth and Payne playing more forward and in the hole.

I think it's a good idea to get him signed up.

Back