• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

On the PB stats above, my understanding is that over 205 league games, he won 80 and drew 51, losing 74.

I make that roughly 1.42 points per match, so around 65 points per season, which isn't too shabby IMHO, based on resources and suchlike.

Phil’s chances of landing the Swindon job won’t have been harmed by Matty Taylor losing his first game as caretaker 0-3 at home to Cheltenham! :stunned: Local rivals too, they won’t be happy...

On the PB stats above, my understanding is that over 205 league games, he won 80 and drew 51, losing 74.

I make that roughly 1.42 points per match, so around 65 points per season, which isn't too shabby IMHO, based on resources and suchlike.
Decent return in fairness

I don’t know how accurate this is, but the comments section on the latest Swindon Advertiser article includes the following:

7D8F2E7F-90DA-45B7-82C6-92C26370AEBD.jpg

Got the Swindon job to the end of the season

To be assisted by Brian Horton according to this -
BREAKING : @BBCWiltsSport understands former Southend boss Phil Brown will be the @Official_STFC manager until the end of the season, assisted by Brian Horton #stfc

Great news all round. I assume that means we no longer have to pay the rest of his contract here, he gets a club that I feel suits him well too. (If they can do well with Di Canio I’m sure Phil Brown will be fine)

He was good for us and I would like to see him do well elsewhere!

Wonder if he will try and sign any of our players in the summer?

Former Blues boss Brown named new Swindon manager

FORMER Southend United Phil Brown manager has been named as Swindon Town’s new boss.

More...

Presumably, if he doesn't get them in the playoffs, he doesn't retain the job. Got nothing to lose I guess.

A good job if he does keep it though. Quite a big club with a good history. Some may argue that it's a bigger and better job than managing Southend. Obviously not while they are in League 2 but if they do get promoted, a lot of managers would probably rather be at Swindon than us. They have better facilities and more money so a decent job to get. Will watch that closely.

I reckon Swindon players may get a bit of this. Who's that number 6 listening intently?

DYHORsyX4AALrbp.jpg

Back