• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

I could not give a toss about the premier league.
Let the premiership have there super league, full of pre mondona players and corporate / plastic surporters. and then let them have their Prem B League, for all their little wanna bes to run around in.

I would not want my SUFC in that league, could you imagine all the plastic surporters we would suddenly have, all the jonny forighner players running, or falling over, diving, crying when they get a little slap, demanding more money, and even worse - we might have players who will run our pitch with those little girly buns ontop of their heads.

I would like to see a breakaway league of Championship, league 1 and league 2, and other leagues that want to follow. This is is where football has been kept real. Real players and real surporters.

GGGrrrrrrrrr.
snr.

Let the premiership have there super league, full of pre mondona players and corporate / plastic surporters. and then let them have their Prem B League, for all their little wanna bes to run around in.

I would not want my SUFC in that league, could you imagine all the plastic surporters we would suddenly have, all the jonny forighner players running, or falling over, diving, crying when they get a little slap, demanding more money, and even worse - we might have players who will run our pitch with those little girly buns ontop of their heads.

I would like to see a breakaway league of Championship, league 1 and league 2, and other leagues that want to follow. This is is where football has been kept real. Real players and real surporters.

GGGrrrrrrrrr.
snr.

Have you seen Ben Coker's hair band???!

I too am not interested in the Premier League, however I would love us to get there, and if we did Id hope we didnt try to **** on the lower leagues.

If we can't at least try to get into the top flight then what the **** is the point of any of it?

GGGrrrrrrrrr.
snr.
Couldn't disagree more. The years of misery (intermingled with bright interludes) watching the Blues in the forlorn hope of reaching the promised land is what life is about as a Shrimper. Take away the dream and what do you have. Nothing !
All entitled to their opinion but go join gregg BBc dykes committee as you would fit in well

Dyke's argument on Five Live earlier (not saying I agree) is that the B teams aren't, generally speaking, the best in the Spanish lower leagues, so there is no reason to assume it would be the same in England. Quick list of where the best B teams currently are in Spain (note that the third tier is comprised of four regional divisions):

Barcelona B - 3rd in 2nd tier
Real Madrid Castilla - 20th in 2nd tier
Las Palmas Atl - 3rd in 3rd tier
Bilbao Athletic - 4th in 3rd tier
Elche Ilicitano - 5th in 3rd tier
Granada B - 7th in 3rd tier
Espanyol B - 8th in 3rd tier
Real Madrid C - 9th in 3rd tier
Sporting Gijón B - 9th in 3rd tier
Villarreal B - 11th in 3rd tier
Córdoba B - 11th in 3rd tier
Real Sociedad B - 12th in 3rd tier
Almería B - 13th in 3rd tier
Sevilla B - 15th in 3rd tier
Atlético Madrid B - 16th in 3rd tier
Valencia Mestalla - 16th in 3rd tier
Celta Vigo B - 18th in 3rd tier
Levante B - 19th in 3rd tier

I don't get the logic here . Either:-

The players are 'quality' and may play for England one day- in which case surely the 'B' teams will win the league with all of that quality
OR
The team isn't at the top of the league, which implies that the players are not quality and therefore will never play for England so whats the point ?

Lets also remembers that 'generally speaking' the young loanees we have had have been better than what we have here , and on the basis that Egan and Sokolik have not been offered a new contract suggests that they are not even the cream of the U21's

Couldn't disagree more. The years of misery (intermingled with bright interludes) watching the Blues in the forlorn hope of reaching the promised land is what life is about as a Shrimper. Take away the dream and what do you have. Nothing !
All entitled to their opinion but go join gregg BBc dykes committee as you would fit in well

to me the dream is the championship . If/when we get there and maybe have a good run then I will dream of the premiership- maybe

We've lived the Championship though. We've had seven years at that level. The dream has to be the Premier League.

to me the dream is the championship . If/when we get there and maybe have a good run then I will dream of the premiership- maybe
Please tell me that after tonking Newcastle on new years day at the Hall many moons ago in league two (now the championship) you didn't dream of mixing it with the big boys.
We obviously have different expectations/dreams from the Mighty Blues.

Yes of course after that match I'd have loved it. But the regular half a billion quid injection into clubs was not a regular occurrence. I'd hate that - Dave Webb got us there on a tiny budget. For me - That's how it should be.

Have you seen Ben Coker's hair band???!

I too am not interested .

I saw him warm up once with a bun in his hair. I was distraught at the sight. Was going to tell him what a girl he looked like when he came back out, but i was pleased to see it removed he did come back out for the start of the game. Someone I presume beat me to it.

I like how they said they consulted the Football League and the Conference and it turned out they didn't consult the Conference.

what can I say that hasn't been said already? A bad idea, only going to benefit the rich clubs. I hope you people that subscribe to sky sports will now cancel your direct debits.

having picked a few teams at random, had a look at their forums regarding the B League issue - Man City, West Ham, Brighton and Wolves and pretty much all said the same thing with the odd exception in that its a totally dreadful idea and must be stopped at all costs as we have such a good pyramid system. Interestingly the proposal for a B league drew support from Liverpool boss Brendan Rodgers and Everton manager Roberto Martinez which is odd as surely the aim is to improve the England team so why would those managers give a damn? It all comes down to making the top clubs bigger and richer and **** the little clubs

Back