• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Looks like it's gonna happen as well.

RIP Competetive English Divisions.

Spain, France and Germany (the examples they've used) do not have the extensive non-league systems that England has always benefited from.

If this goes ahead, I can see the Football League splitting up completely - i.e. Leagues 1 & 2 walking away. This cannot and must not be allowed to happen.

At the end of the day, we will have to stand up and fight for our club like never before in the face of the FA and their money rich friends in the Premier$hip.

The anfieldrap link above is spot on. Unfortunately any move of this kind is not aimed at helping smaller clubs, that was never the intention. The main target here is to help further develop british talent at Prem clubs. Maybe they should think about providing a specific young player pool from all the clubs in the Prem and maybe the Championship for Div 1 and 2 clubs to dip into with common loan conditions and wages.

I've just ranted the following points on twitter.

Started browsing the #facommission report. Lots of 'football people' involved, but where are proven experts in change/management?? 1/2

2/2 Mills, @rioferdy5, hodson - experienced, but unqualified for this task. Why don't the FA use experts from outside football? #oldboysclub

#facommission report will 'fact you till you fart.' however the proposed solutions just don't hold water or make sense.

asking @rioferdy5 et al to set targets of english player involvement at top level?! do me a favour... i bet he just counted the number of baseball caps in his training bag and used that as a rough figure #facommission

if you wrote a job spec for the #facommission, I don't think several of the people actually involved would be anywhere near it.

How much experience or knowledge of foreign coaching, league structures and grassroots have Mills and @rioferdy5 got?? #facommission

How many proven and permanent changes to a major organisation have Mills and @rioferdy5 contributed to?? #facommission

How many analyses of benchmarking and target-setting have @rioferdy5 and Mills conducted?? #facommission

If these proposals get the go-ahead, I would like to think every Southend fan would boycott any games against Premier League B teams.

Non-league football killed in the process - and for what - so the premier league can have ever bigger squads at vastly inflated salaries.

RIP Canvey Island, Great Wakering Rovers, Concord Rangers, Billericay Town, Grays Athletic, East thurrock United, Chelmsford City, Witham Town and many many others. Sorry, but the premier league just doesn't want you.

The report focuses on a single objective - improving the performance of the England (senior mens) team.

That's fine, and I think we'd all like to see that. But we should be looking to make sure we have high quality and competitive divisions throughout the country and at the professional level. That should also be an objective. B-teams clearly would ruin that and I think they've massively missed the issues this would cause.

Non-league football killed in the process - and for what - so the premier league can have ever bigger squads at vastly inflated salaries.

RIP Canvey Island, Great Wakering Rovers, Concord Rangers, Billericay Town, Grays Athletic, East thurrock United, Chelmsford City, Witham Town and many many others. Sorry, but the premier league just doesn't want you.

Think you forgot Colchester United from your list?

The most controversial proposal would be establishing a new League Three in 2016-17, made up of 10 Premier League B teams and 10 from the Conference.

So any premier league team can have a B team but only 10 would be allowed in the new league? This is only viable for the biggest 10 clubs in reality.

Also you could have a situation where the ten B teams get promoted to league 1 but cant go any higher. So what you finish 11th and get promoted??

The correct proposals would have been for a properly constituted reserve league to be brought in which will open up the possibilities at all levels of the league.

The reserve league we used to play in folded so now we have to arrange friendlies, would it not be better to have a proper nationwide reserve system in place?

The report focuses on a single objective - improving the performance of the England (senior mens) team.

That's fine, and I think we'd all like to see that. But we should be looking to make sure we have high quality and competitive divisions throughout the country and at the professional level. That should also be an objective. B-teams clearly would ruin that and I think they've massively missed the issues this would cause.

One of the much vaunted benefits of the introduction of the Premiership was to raise the standards of English Football ..... that worked well.

So this would be a league below us?

Would those teams then be eligble to get promoted to league two ?

If not, then it doesnt really affect us, but screws up the conference. If so then in a few years the lower leagues will be full up of Arsenal B/Chelsea B etc, and that will be absolutely terrible.

So this would be a league below us?

Would those teams then be eligble to get promoted to league two ?

If not, then it doesnt really affect us, but screws up the conference. If so then in a few years the lower leagues will be full up of Arsenal B/Chelsea B etc, and that will be absolutely terrible.

B teams could go no higher than the third tier.

Back