• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

This is the worst thing I have heard since the proposal many years ago to make the premier league invitation only, thus excluding smaller teams despite finishing top of div2 as it was at the time.

This whole subject really annoys me and im not normally one to moan (honestly)

My gut reaction is I would rather a breakaway football league free of big boy interference.

Well the Chairman of Peterborough isn't happy about this one little bit and has already said he expects the FA/FAPL to try and bribe the Football League clubs through the solidarity payment system.

Is it going to be an extension of the Premier league, giving tv masters Sky etc to show even more dross?
If it is an extension, how will it work, will they just play among themselves with 10 Prem teams involved.
I agree with trying to improve the England team, but to do that you need to reduce the number of foreign imports.
What is wrong with the academy teams at the top clubs?
I think it is a crafty way of the football league trying to get some of the Premier league benefits of Sky tv money.
When they say 3rd level what do they mean, will they have promotion and relegation?
The England players that rise to the England national team are used to being surrounded by top class foreign players and when they play for England they miss the class foreign players, which brings me back to my argument that only a strict decrease in foreign players coming here will benefit England, but that is never going to happen.
Where will the funding come from to support this new league, surely the Prem clubs will have to pay and again I can't see that happening.:nope:

Oh **** the FA and **** the England team. I hope England get embarrassed at every world cup & Euro competition we ever play in - the national team can rot in hell. I hope all current conference/League 2 & 1 fans boycott these games with B teams.

Not read it thoroughly but wouldn't the loan system effectively vanish as the top clubs will then not have so much need to loan players out?

I think the implications would be even worse that suggested.

I think SUFC would end if this happened.

It will kill us, and most clubs at this level.

The FA really are clueless.

My reason this is bull$hite is that if you are a decent PL kid and need to get some games, then you may go out on loan to a champ or L1 side today (think Defoe, Beckham, Ravel Morrison, etc).. they'll play a decent standard of football. If this system comes into play then they'll end up playing Dartford, Hyde or Altringham each week - Will that improve them? Nope.

Finding it difficult to muster much interest in the 'B' team story. The below seems to be the thing to get worked up about:

"It also wants to develop "strategic loan partnerships" between clubs."

They're talking about feeder clubs. That's what you need to be signing petitions about.

My reason this is bull$hite is that if you are a decent PL kid and need to get some games, then you may go out on loan to a champ or L1 side today (think Defoe, Beckham, Ravel Morrison, etc).. they'll play a decent standard of football. If this system comes into play then they'll end up playing Dartford, Hyde or Altringham each week - Will that improve them? Nope.

It won't be either/or. Those loans would still happen.

The FA in knowing jack sht about football shock. What qualifications does Danny Mills have? Howard Wilkinson who hasnt managed in 20 years? As for Greg Dyke, the fact he didnt go to Sir Tom Finneys funeral becasue there was an FA meeting makes him fairly contemptible.
Even when England had lots of players represented in the League we were crap! The problem isnt the number of players its the quality of those players.
Also what about coaches? There arent enough. The only 2 decent English managers who have managed England in the last 30 years have been Venables and Robson (to some extent Hodgson has done well too). Both benefitted from managing abroad.

Absolutely terrible idea, the death of competitive lower league and the football we all love

Finding it difficult to muster much interest in the 'B' team story. The below seems to be the thing to get worked up about:

"It also wants to develop "strategic loan partnerships" between clubs."

They're talking about feeder clubs. That's what you need to be signing petitions about.

Feeder clubs are already in place. Swindon - Tottenham for example.

I don't see that having a feeder club where players of say - under 21 - can be loaned to without it counting would be as much as an issue as the destruction of Non-League and Lower-League football. Lets not kid ourselves, if B Teams were allowed promotion as far as League One, we'd never be out of League Two.

Ron spouts that we should be an established Championship club - we (or rather he) can't afford it, we're still paying for last time and if by some miracle we did end up doing it and then ended up in the PL it would be embarrassing for all concerned (I'm thinking Wolves and Swindon levels of ineptitude).

I don't see that having a feeder club where players of say - under 21 - can be loaned to without it counting would be as much as an issue as the destruction of Non-League and Lower-League football. Lets not kid ourselves, if B Teams were allowed promotion as far as League One, we'd never be out of League Two.

Ron spouts that we should be an established Championship club - we (or rather he) can't afford it, we're still paying for last time and if by some miracle we did end up doing it and then ended up in the PL it would be embarrassing for all concerned (I'm thinking Wolves and Swindon levels of ineptitude).

What has that got to do with anything?

It is impossible to know if we'd be trapped in L2/bottom half of L1 forever without knowing more details. If the top three in L1 are all B teams are there no promotions or does the team in 4th go up? If none then you're right.

The day my Club strikes a "strategic loan partnership" with another club is the day my Club dies, IMO.

'B' Teams or Feeder clubs, whichever it is to be, the FA need to be told where to go.

Lower league fans are England fans too, and there are hundreds of thousands of us. Its not just a B league that should boycotted, it's England games & merchandise. They would ditch plans pretty quickly if they were hit in the pocket.

Manchester City, Norwich, Southampton, Leicester City, Swansea, Hull, Wolves have all found themselves in the 3rd tier in recent times and would do well to remember that.

Lost control of the big clubs, so they're picking on the little ones. The problem lies with the top clubs not playing enough English players and the FA restricting the loan system. Just allow them loan to lower league teams if you want them to get games. It's just the start, probably. Give it a couple of years and they'll allow them into the Championship and cups etc.

Potential scenario here for you.

Young player from local area, originates from L2 academy at local club. Gets the choice of signing a pro deal at Local club with **** facilities and on a crap salary. Or joins Chelsea with amazing facilities and much better pay, and being watched by top scouts week in week out while playing at the same level as the local club in Chelsea's 'B' team.

Obviously you wouldnt begrudge a young player for taking the latter option, but where does that leave the local club??????

Back