• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Hello all, first post (scary stuff).

Heading down for this one, home park has always evaded me somewhat over the years due to various reasons. Two sides in good nick can see it being a cagey one. 1-1 for me and a good point at that.

Looking forward to to seeing as many pretty essex faces down the south west as possible :smile:

Welcome to the home of the Shrimpers.

Would be great if you could take 5 minutes out of your time when you get a chance to post your match ratings and report in the thread that will appear post match.

Good effort making the journey and let's hope we get 3 points, :smile:

I think he'll line up as follows:
Bentley,
Leonard(Captain), Thompson, Prosser, Coker,
Hurst. Atkinson, Clifford, Timlin, Straker,
Corr
SUBS: Smith, Phillips, Gomis, Laird, Payne, Woodrow, Eastwood

Welcome to the home of the Shrimpers.

Would be great if you could take 5 minutes out of your time when you get a chance to post your match ratings and report in the thread that will appear post match.

Good effort making the journey and let's hope we get 3 points, :smile:

Will do,

If any blues fancy a chat pre game were in the 'spoons in the town centre!

Joe

I think he'll line up as follows:
Bentley,
Leonard(Captain), Thompson, Prosser, Coker,
Hurst. Atkinson, Clifford, Timlin, Straker,
Corr
SUBS: Smith, Phillips, Gomis, Laird, Payne, Woodrow, Eastwood
Leonard won't be moved from midfield.

Let's see. I know he is one of our better players at the moment but it would be the least disruptive change from the team that has been lining up over recent weeks - and he always looks the most accomplished at RB (after White) to me. Phillips and Thompson can look like a fish out of water in that position especially against pace.

A bit random, but how about Coker at RB and Straker at LB ? (Not that I would do it, but its another option), with Hurst coming in up front for Straker, allowing Clifford to stay in the side?

Just had a pint and a chat with a Mr Paul Sturrock, I won't repeat his words about a certain member of the Southend united board but he said he thinks we'll nick it!

Will prove to be a useful point at the end of the season I suspect.

Now lets go and beat Chesterfield next Saturday - a really important game I feel on a number of levels.

Back