• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

PNE v SUFC - Match thread

Looks like Southampton are going to lose. Sunderland have just scored two crackers.

That's not going to happen though, is it? PNE are likely to drop out of it.

Of course it can happen they are two points off the play offs at the moment. They could easily be 4 points off the play offs by the time they play us on the last day of the season.

Just watching SKY Sports News and was dissapointed as they showed goals from some of the other games and Southends game against Preston was one of the games that they did not show the goals.

Just showed our Goals..... What crackers they where.... well done boys what amazing last 5 mins it was...

Gives us hope :-) Barnsley where really lucky... Birmingham missed a hatfull....

One Team In Essex
SOUTHEND UNITED FC

Of course it can happen they are two points off the play offs at the moment. They could easily be 4 points off the play offs by the time they play us on the last day of the season.

But as intelligently stated by Spaceman Spiff above, if they miss out on the play-offs the full firts XI will be in action on the last day of the season, in front of its own fans. If they are safe in the play-offs they will be resting players ready for the big play off matches.

A truly great battle by our boys. Well done for turning it round in such a small space of time. Well done to Tilly for axing a few before the kick off. Glad to hear AB played so well given the six week lay off. Great goals from Maher and Macca. Their confidence must be sky high now and ready to grind Barnsley into the ground Saturday. Leeds and Hull have got some tough games ahead of them.

But as intelligently stated by Spaceman Spiff above, if they miss out on the play-offs the full firts XI will be in action on the last day of the season, in front of its own fans. If they are safe in the play-offs they will be resting players ready for the big play off matches.

Maybe but if their season is finished they may already be on the beach. I'd be more concerned about playing a team on a high, with players that want to impress and be picked for the play off games than playing one that has nothing to play for. Aside from that there would still be the desire to finish as high as possible in order to insure a game against a lower finishing side in the play offs.

Last edited:
went to the game and reading this thread was fantastic, didnt know at one time we were bottom!! I must admit at 2-1 i was resigning myself to relegation and 2 of the greatest goals any Southend players have scored win a truly remarkable victory. The scenes in the stands was one of relief, joy and hope and ones I'll never forget.

This for me was one of the best team performances this season if not the last few seasons. Special mentions to Kevin Maher, 2 exquisite goals and a fanstastic, commanding midfield display from our erstwhile captain and Adam Barrett, first game for ages and despite the penalty was a mountain alongside a, once again, dogged Clarke.

We all know the Barnsley game was and is going to be huge, the position we find ourselves in theres a real chance now of staying in the league and the players deserve full credit for coming back after two thrashings and producing a display of real quality I thought, we outplayed and outmuscled Preston for most of the match.

Was also pleased to see Tilson ring some changes, something hes not too inclined to do, four changes and each change worked.

Keep fighting Blues, keep believing guys and girls...we CAN do this!

Back