• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Unbelievable result by the ten musketeers. Brown must be silencing the critics now that we are one point off top with a transfer embargo and some of the best footy seen at the Hall for years. All without a recognised goalscorer. Loving the will to win that is getting them through. Now for the weekend !

I'll say it again - but what spirit ! You look at that team and you see leaders all over the pitch - Prosser, Timlin, Corr and of course captain fantastic White !! Everyman again worked themselves into the ground. Whilst we didn't create huge amounts I still thought we could get back in it, even with 10. Corr in the second half was immense causing all sorts of problems for the Portsmouth back 4! I'm enjoying watching a team that doesn't believe they are beaten ! Inspirational ..... I'm tired now and I didn't even play ! Thank you Southend, proud to be a shrimper again !!

Inspired choice of song.....that has to be played at the Hall.... In fact every boozer Shrimpers ever go to ...dancing round my kitchen!!!

Out all night so just caught up with the result by reading through this thread. Talk about lows and highs!!

We could be top come Saturday evening, who would have thought that two months ago!

I remember Chris Phillips saying there was some stat that we had some hoodoo against Portsmouth at Fratton Park for something like 90 years?

Just back....ripper of a result, excellent support...best song of the night "we've only got 10 men"...brilliant !!

Superb opening Pompey goal, filled me with dread...we were singing all through the 1st half. Thompson asked to perform in a very unfamiliar role, and it showed.

Woodrow on, Woodrow off, fair enough really; however, BBBC got clobbered in the same fashion, no issue according to the ref ( very inconsistent).

We seemed to play with more patience with 10..thinking and moving whereas the 1st half was a bit of headless chicken stuff.

Equaliser in, the place (well one end), was buzzing...2nd in, signal the Pompey exodus, our support was amazing, helping the guys through a tricky last 10 minutes including injury time.

Final whistle, recognition from the team to us.....
Final note...please play this game on a Saturday pm in future...can't imagine how many Shrimpers would've been there..:smile:

Should this have gone on the "post match thread"??
Move it if you think so....just wanted to spread the great news asap..

Great result, there's so much self belief in the side now. Thanks to all the fans who traveled in difficult circumstances.

Back