• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Pre season friendlies

Would help though. Not sure what their average attendance is. Must be around 200

Yes your right but I was just pointing out the ridiculous fees the council/now private firms charge for pitches..... Which is why so many local football and cricket teams have folded. We were once right up there with the likes of Newcastle and Merseyside for teams per head of population.

Would help though. Not sure what their average attendance is. Must be around 200
Southend Manor are lucky to get 70 people through the gate.
We stopped playing because of the pitch, I believe, Its council owned so it is open all day for anyone to walk in, and walk their doggies!! They have to clear up a load of s**t before each game.
They have submitted plans for a 3G pitch and a fence to surround it, mainly to keep them at step 5.

Some cloaked digs at Hullbridge. A village team punching above its weight but let’s not forget the best team in the Isthmian North last season went on a very good cup run and won at Orient. Some other strong teams in that division in Aveley, Grays, Canvey and Heybridge.

Hullbridge were very decent last night and in terms of effort, physicality and being first to the ball would have shamed last years Southend team.

Sorry but what is iptv

It's a paid service. I get it via my firestick.

Get all sky and football channels and PPV etc. I've set quite a few on here up on it.

Get about 3000 channels latest movies and box sets for about £50 per year

Why do we not have an annual friendly against Southend Manor? Would help them massively. 1000 people at £5 (when possible) would probably cover them for a few months
They stopped that years ago as Southend didn’t like the tackles that used to come with them games, ever since gary Jones done his ankle ligaments in the last game, they had enough after that one:Cry:

It's a paid service. I get it via my firestick.

Get all sky and football channels and PPV etc. I've set quite a few on here up on it.

Get about 3000 channels latest movies and box sets for about £50 per year
I don’t do Sky ,have I got a problem ????

They wish.

The average for the whole of the Essex Senior League was 77 per match and Manor were one of the lowest, I believe, at 38.

Talking to one of the Hullbridge committee yesterday they would love the idea of several hundred game hungry Shrimpers turning up for the friendly. Sadly the powers that be wont be allowing it. Shame because they to are committed to wages for players as well as 100 other things.

They FA made them pay all the fees by the end of last March. Even though we had gone into lockdown it was a case of no fees, no entry to the FA cup etc.....Great support from the FA.

You can go in the social club and buy a beer, order food and sit on the benches outside. You can even watch a bit of training but if it then becomes a friendly.....Turn your head and look the other way because that is when Covid is at its most dangerous. Whatever you do head into the clubhouse and pull down the blinds because spreading out 10ft apart around the pitch means your unlikely to see Christmas.

Last edited:
With Premier League clubs not going on pre-season tours abroad this year, would be a good opportunity to get a friendly against one of the London clubs. Or maybe Molesley could get us a friendly against Bournemouth.

With Premier League clubs not going on pre-season tours abroad this year, would be a good opportunity to get a friendly against one of the London clubs. Or maybe Molesley could get us a friendly against Bournemouth.

What would be the benefit?

Talking to one of the Hullbridge committee yesterday they would love the idea of several hundred game hungry Shrimpers turning up for the friendly. Sadly the powers they be wont be allowing it. Shame because they to are committed to wages for players as well as 100 other things.

They FA made them pay all the fees by the end of last March. Even though we had gone into lockdown it was a case of no fees, no entry to the FA cup etc.....Great support from the FA.

You can go in the social club and buy a beer, order food and sit on the benches outside. You can even watch a bit of training but if it then becomes a friendly.....Turn your head and look the other way because that is when Covid is at its most dangerous. Whatever you do head into the clubhouse and pull down the blinds because spreading out 10ft apart around the pitch means your unlikely to see Christmas.

It's an absolute nonsense that smaller non-league clubs below the National League level can't have spectators in. Sure Southend would probably take a large number of fans but they could always limit capacity.

Suspect the big clubs might be looking for a competitive game for their U23s but as YB says, normally the reason we look to try and snare a top club is for the gate receipts...

It's an absolute nonsense that smaller non-league clubs below the National League level can't have spectators in. Sure Southend would probably take a large number of fans but they could always limit capacity.

Yes, Bridge have been told its likely to be 25% of capacity for league games. So 400 down from 1600......They could sell 400 at £10 for the Southend game. If you want to be super safe limit it to 200.....Thats 50 per side of the pitch....Less than any supermarket and most beaches.

Talking to one of the Hullbridge committee yesterday they would love the idea of several hundred game hungry Shrimpers turning up for the friendly. Sadly the powers that be wont be allowing it. Shame because they to are committed to wages for players as well as 100 other things.

I'm not sure how i escaped with my life on tuesday.. a chastening experience i can tell you

Back