• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Promotion & Relegation 2023/24

Is it too early to be looking at who might be coming to join us* in the Conference next season?

At the bottom of Division 4 or League 2 if you prefer is:-

Forest Green Rovers & Sutton United but not far above is Tranmere, our old friends Colchester & Grimsby. Above them Walsall are on a dismal run at the moment.

In our division, the bottom 4 places are all taken by teams just promoted, Flyde, Oxford City, Kidderminster & Ebbsfleet. Just above them Woking have lost the 5 games on a trot. Oh dear.

Scunthorpe are leading the charge in the Northern Division and Yeovil Town in the Southern Division - looking good for both teams to bouce straight back.

Still a long way to go of course.

* Of course it would be marvellous were we to be in Division 4 instead.

Is it too early to be looking at who might be coming to join us* in the Conference next season?

At the bottom of Division 4 or League 2 if you prefer is:-

Forest Green Rovers & Sutton United but not far above is Tranmere, our old friends Colchester & Grimsby. Above them Walsall are on a dismal run at the moment.

In our division, the bottom 4 places are all taken by teams just promoted, Flyde, Oxford City, Kidderminster & Ebbsfleet. Just above them Woking have lost the 5 games on a trot. Oh dear.

Scunthorpe are leading the charge in the Northern Division and Yeovil Town in the Southern Division - looking good for both teams to bouce straight back.

Still a long way to go of course.

* Of course it would be marvellous were we to be in Division 4 instead.

You talk about the bottom 4 and Woking as if we're not 3 points away from it...

Would like to see some of the teams from the "outskirts" back in the league,Div 4.
Teams like Southport,Hereford,Torquay,Scarborough,Darlo,Workington even the Monkey hangers...would love to see someone like Truro town from Cornwall in

Would like to see some of the teams from the "outskirts" back in the league,Div 4.
Teams like Southport,Hereford,Torquay,Scarborough,Darlo,Workington even the Monkey hangers...would love to see someone like Truro town from Cornwall in
I can’t imagine many people welcoming Truro’s entry into the Football League.
And that’s from someone spending a lot of time down in Devon.

i lived in Exeter for 5 years,great place Exeter &Devon...but i would like to see Cornwall brought into our football "family"...but thats my opinion ...but im often wrong..ask the wife

Oh no it isn't ............ well, it is the pantomime season.
Unfortunately the Ugly Sisters on Benfleet Road have the stage to themselves at the moment. Buttons is trying to organise an eviction so he can take the stage but he needs the Wizard of Oz, or at least his planning committee, to get in there and send some flying monkeys down Benfleet Road. Or something.

There we go. Pick the bones out of that!

Unfortunately the Ugly Sisters on Benfleet Road have the stage to themselves at the moment. Buttons is trying to organise an eviction so he can take the stage but he needs the Wizard of Oz, or at least his planning committee, to get in there and send some flying monkeys down Benfleet Road. Or something.

There we go. Pick the bones out of that!
Not just off topic, but incoherent claptrap too!

i lived in Exeter for 5 years,great place Exeter &Devon...but i would like to see Cornwall brought into our football "family"...but thats my opinion ...but im often wrong..ask the wife
I may well be wrong but Trouro were having to play their games in Plymouth, in Devon?
And they have been taken over by an "egg chaser" rugger bloke so their future may be in jeopardy.

I may well be wrong but Trouro were having to play their games in Plymouth, in Devon?
And they have been taken over by an "egg chaser" rugger bloke so their future may be in jeopardy.
Play at Plymouth Parkway and owned by Cornish Pirates rfc.
There were great plans for a multi-use ‘stadium for Cornwall‘ but that’s now history. Truro’s ground is a dump.

With Scunthorpe and Yeovil having newish owners and spending a bit of cash, it wouldnt surprise me if they will be promotion contenders next season

Sutton United and Colchester down please. Not been to FGR but its the arse end of nowhere

Thats sad about Truro,did not know that they played there home games "away".
Rugger was in when i was there,maybe more now.
Our "ganger" who got us the jobs and told us where /what to do was a good bloke and footie fan,but more so rugger (Pirates)...he had a son who was slightly handicapped. One birthday he got him an England football shirt and wore it at school.
A lot of the kids picked on him coz he supported/wore an England shirt,came home upset and didnt wear it again. KIDS!!...but things changed after Italia 90..England were"in" again

Thats sad about Truro,did not know that they played there home games "away".
Rugger was in when i was there,maybe more now.
Our "ganger" who got us the jobs and told us where /what to do was a good bloke and footie fan,but more so rugger (Pirates)...he had a son who was slightly handicapped. One birthday he got him an England football shirt and wore it at school.
A lot of the kids picked on him coz he supported/wore an England shirt,came home upset and didnt wear it again. KIDS!!...but things changed after Italia 90..England were"in" again

Play at Plymouth Parkway and owned by Cornish Pirates rfc.
There were great plans for a multi-use ‘stadium for Cornwall‘ but that’s now history. Truro’s ground is a dump.

Truro lost Treyew Road a few years ago; at one point they were playing even further away in Torquay. It was a pretty dreadful ground considering they played in the Conference South there for a couple of years, the lack of cover was a not a good mix with the temperamental Cornish weather! They have planning permission for a new place a couple of miles outside of Truro at Threemilestone and I believe they have started work on it so maybe there's hope for them yet. Cornish Pirates sold them on in the end, so they're owned by another Rugby team.

As for us, any two from Sutton, Colchester and Forest Green will be good for me; none of those should be any competition for coming back up (if we can get our own house in order first, of course). I think Yeovil and Scunny are pretty much nailed on to come up from the regional divisions. Of the play-off contenders, South Shields and Maidstone would be good additions.

Was a mystery how Treyhew was ever granted approval to host Conference level football. Stadium of Cornwall was never going to happen, hope the locals provide good support at this new stadium being Threemilestone is a little way outside the city.

Back