• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Apparently there's news about Prospects on Page 7 of the Echo today. I don't live in an Echo distribution area and it's not online yet. Can whoever gets their copy first give us the gist of it on here please?

Chris Phillips said he'd read it and it was "interesting" - however given that it's on page 7 I'm guessing it's hardly big news!

Apparently there's news about Prospects on Page 7 of the Echo today. I don't live in an Echo distribution area and it's not online yet. Can whoever gets their copy first give us the gist of it on here please?

Chris Phillips said he'd read it and it was "interesting" - however given that it's on page 7 I'm guessing it's hardly big news!
Apparently prospects has been sold to somebody other than sainsbury... Actual person or company will be revealed in the new year...The man from prospects saying compulsory purchase route by the council and the club is "nonsense"

nothing new really from this story, still a load of smoke and mirrors

Apparently prospects has been sold to somebody other than sainsbury... Actual person or company will be revealed in the new year...The man from prospects saying compulsory purchase route by the council and the club is "nonsense"

nothing new really from this story, still a load of smoke and mirrors

I would say thats quite big news. If Prospects has been sold to another party, then that could spell disaster for the project.

No, the CPO still stands, whoever owns it.

Why do people keep mentioning this mythical CPO ?

If it has, say, been bought by a third unrelated party and if it's true that Sainsburys have at least twice failed to complete on an agreed deal, no council is going to grant a CPO insisting that it be sold to Sainsburys (if they still want it!).

If it has, say, been bought by a third unrelated party and if it's true that Sainsburys have at least twice failed to complete on an agreed deal, no council is going to grant a CPO insisting that it be sold to Sainsburys (if they still want it!).

Exactly. Failure to complete on several occasions will mean granting a CPO would be very difficult, especially if it goes to central Government, which it would likely have to. If another party has come in willing to develop the site, then its hard for the Council to say no. Perhaps they have finally had enough as well.

Here's a 2+2 = 5...

Someone has seen all of the ****ting about that's been going on with the property has a bit of an understanding of the situation, has bought the land from Prospects and will now have to be negotiated with to make a quick buck on the land?

Think of the queue of people who have dealt with Ronnie in the past 10 years who would have been privy to all this and are looking to exploit the situation a little for their own gain?

Just a thought, and most likely wrong.

*skulks off into the corner looking for the easiest way to Priestfield*...

The CPO does exist, it doesn't matter who owns the Prospects land. Once all efforts have been made between both parties to come to an arrangement, without success, Sainsburys can the then apply to the council to activate the CPO. Sainsburys are clearly happy to do that in their own time, which is why you don't hear from them, but you do hear a lot of agitation from the prospects fella, who I'm sure just wants to move on.

The CPO does exist, it doesn't matter who owns the Prospects land. Once all efforts have been made between both parties to come to an arrangement, without success, Sainsburys can the then apply to the council to activate the CPO. Sainsburys are clearly happy to do that in their own time, which is why you don't hear from them, but you do hear a lot of agitation from the prospects fella, who I'm sure just wants to move on.

The CPO may well exist but whether Southend Council will ever implement it is questionable. I firmly believe they have their own agenda, particularly Ron Woodley, and I still have doubts over their genuine support for anything Blues related.

Look at the last big plan announced; http://www.echo-news.co.uk/news/11637985.__11million_airport_business_park_plans_move_on/ Are the council going to charge themselves 6 million because of the loss of trade to the High Street created by this project. No. They are shonky and sharky.

The CPO may well exist but whether Southend Council will ever implement it is questionable. I firmly believe they have their own agenda, particularly Ron Woodley, and I still have doubts over their genuine support for anything Blues related.

Look at the last big plan announced; http://www.echo-news.co.uk/news/11637985.__11million_airport_business_park_plans_move_on/ Are the council going to charge themselves 6 million because of the loss of trade to the High Street created by this project. No. They are shonky and sharky.

Put it this way, would you buy a house which had a CPO lurking over it, even if it still needed rubber stamping bŷ the council? I hope not..

Put it this way, would you buy a house which had a CPO lurking over it, even if it still needed rubber stamping bŷ the council? I hope not..

really depends on what price you get the house for and what a likely CPO price would be........

You're both right and wrong there Mick!

There is no CPO on the land at the moment, however Southend Council made a decision in 2012 to grant one. However the leader of the Council recently said that because of the length of time since the decision was made, they would need to discuss it again before formally making a CPO on Prospects (or any of the other properties necessary to complete the redevelopment)

Strange is it may sound, a CPO will be granted for land assembly for a private company in a regeneration project such as this - that's often what they're used for actually.

I think Crawliano has got it spot on here, some chancer has bought it from Mr Prospects in the hope of negotiating a quick profit with Sainsbury's. Often companies will be prepared to pay a bit of a premium on a land deal to avoid a CPO as they take time to go through.

It does make me wonder if perhaps one of the Directors associated with the club (Van Wezel, Lockett etc) has purchased the site, to save the project and perhaps then sell on to either Sainsbury or A.N.Other retailer.

You're both right and wrong there Mick!

There is no CPO on the land at the moment, however Southend Council made a decision in 2012 to grant one. However the leader of the Council recently said that because of the length of time since the decision was made, they would need to discuss it again before formally making a CPO on Prospects (or any of the other properties necessary to complete the redevelopment)

Strange is it may sound, a CPO will be granted for land assembly for a private company in a regeneration project such as this - that's often what they're used for actually.

I think Crawliano has got it spot on here, some chancer has bought it from Mr Prospects in the hope of negotiating a quick profit with Sainsbury's. Often companies will be prepared to pay a bit of a premium on a land deal to avoid a CPO as they take time to go through.

Ron Martin, Lol.

It does make me wonder if perhaps one of the Directors associated with the club (Van Wezel, Lockett etc) has purchased the site, to save the project and perhaps then sell on to either Sainsbury or A.N.Other retailer.

Why would the new owner make the Myles van hire people move out and also stop the club using the car park on match days, especially if they are associated to the club?

Back