• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Presumably a new planning application for an all residential development of Roots Hall will be submitted (taking into account the Lidl site), that's if RM still wants to continue ahead with the FF development, and dependent on whether or not Sainsbury's are still involved. This will of course mean more waiting (not like we're not used to it!). Would be nice to know what is going on, especially when £2 million magically appears to spend on Boots and Laces.

not strictly true . . . his tweet doesn't state that they have bought it, just set to move in

call me cynical, but I just wonder it Mr Bates could be using this as a ploy to increase the price

I know lidl stores are pretty basic but wouldnt there be some significant costs to convert prospects to a lidl store - suggests lidl have bought it

I think it would be more cost effective for them to knock it down and construct a new building.

I actually posted this on the second post of this thread that Lidl had purchased the prospects site yet very few seemed to believe me.

I actually posted this on the second post of this thread that Lidl had purchased the prospects site yet very few seemed to believe me.

You were certainly the first to say it on Twitter on Saturday, I certainly didnt disbelieve it.

Cant blame people for not believing you though, so many people post facts that turn out to be from some bloke they heard in a pub.

I know lidl stores are pretty basic but wouldnt there be some significant costs to convert prospects to a lidl store - suggests lidl have bought it

sorry, i could have put it a bit clearer . . . .

his tweet starts 'set to move in' which in itself does not mean they have bought etc . . . i'm set to move house soon but until I am in, nothing is finalised (if you catch my drift)

Presumably a new planning application for an all residential development of Roots Hall will be submitted (taking into account the Lidl site), that's if RM still wants to continue ahead with the FF development, and dependent on whether or not Sainsbury's are still involved. This will of course mean more waiting (not like we're not used to it!). Would be nice to know what is going on, especially when £2 million magically appears to spend on Boots and Laces.

Where does the 2 million come from?

Seems odd to spend that much on a training facility that is meant to be bulldozed for the stadium

EDIT: Dont worry, seen the tweet..

Hows the head, still banging it against the wall?

I would suggest, in the light of all that's gone on, that the CPO must no longer be in place. If there's a new agreement in place with Lidl as everyone seems to be convinced, then the CPO that was in place for Sainsbury is surely superceded? My comment was right as of last Thursday.

I would suggest, in the light of all that's gone on, that the CPO must no longer be in place. If there's a new agreement in place with Lidl as everyone seems to be convinced, then the CPO that was in place for Sainsbury is surely superceded? My comment was right as of last Thursday.

Not sure why anyone is beating anyone up, circumstances change. With Sainsbury looking to build the store then a CPO would have hung over that property and it would have been pointless in buying as you said.

Now it looks like Sainsbury arent planning on building a store then that CPO wouldnt be required any more, the goalposts have clearly moved.

Back