• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

I know he's damned if he does, and damned if he don't, but this has to be the most elusive chairman in the clubs history. Never known a chairman not to say anything about anything for months at a time.

Well he was very vocal when things were going well, understandable that he goes quiet when there is nothing concrete information as he then gets shot down.

Must surely be able to provide an update soon on the whole project though ?!

Out of interest how much will it cost to install, and then have to move again when we build on Boots and Laces in 6 months time?

Think they should air lift it like the giant dome being placed over Springfield in the Simpsons movie!

Are we sure its the actual dome and pitches? I know they bought some goals and kitchen facilities from there, but the whole lot? Really?

Are we sure its the actual dome and pitches? I know they bought some goals and kitchen facilities from there, but the whole lot? Really?

Those soccerdomes at Greenwich are massive they would surely be too big for our training ground even in its present state.

It still leaves many unanswered questions though?

Why is Ron now allegedly in a better financial position?

Are Sainsbury now completely out of the picture?

What about the £millions Sainsbury coughed up in advance?

Who is now funding the stadium?

What is happening to Roots Hall?

**** in the ocean to someone like them

Echo story. Lots of words saying very little.

http://www.echo-news.co.uk/news/11644609.Is_this_the_end_for_the_new_Blues_stadium_/

Made me laugh about the closing of the carpark :

Season ticket holder NAME REMOVED, 60, has to travel 140 miles to Roots Hall from Surrey, and said: “It’s quite an inconvenience as it just adds on extra minutes to my road trip.

Really? 140 miles travelled and worried about that?

Having spoken to someone involved, I think its just a few fixtures and fittings and goals. Not the actual pitches and dome!!

Although he didn't specifically state what we have bought from there, I think even Ron might struggle to spin that one as "exciting news for the development of our youth system"!

.... in the ocean to someone like them

Yes - double the prices of some items for a few days, pressure the supplier for a discounted supply and then reduce to normal price and stick a "50% off" label on them to ensure they sell well ........... surely they wouldn't be so callous, would they? :blush:

Although he didn't specifically state what we have bought from there, I think even Ron might struggle to spin that one as "exciting news for the development of our youth system"!

It would be hard, but it doesnt sound like that sort of scale would be our level?

Its the lack of clipboard, its all falling apart!

25jwd52.jpg

Echo story. Lots of words saying very little.

http://www.echo-news.co.uk/news/11644609.Is_this_the_end_for_the_new_Blues_stadium_/

Made me laugh about the closing of the carpark :

Season ticket holder NAME REMOVED, 60, has to travel 140 miles to Roots Hall from Surrey, and said: “It’s quite an inconvenience as it just adds on extra minutes to my road trip.

Really? 140 miles travelled and worried about that?

I agree with him. I live in Haywards Heath (West Sussex) and travel in with another ST who lives three streets away. The main plus of the car park is there are not many and you can quickly get to the 127.

Now I have to get from the West to the East stand car park and then battle it out with the hoards. Probably add 25 mins onto a 80 mins trip.

That’s intriguing, only shut down last month for what was believed to be housing. Are we talking a scaled down version along side the housing? It is such an expensive area that I’d be really surprised, would be great to have recruiting presence in East London though, a lot of young talent in that area. Await this announcement with baited breath.

I think we now realise that it is fixtures and fittings that have been purchased, not the site itself. That said, the Blues do cover East London, and all over Essex, with 'bases' in Chelmsford, Romford etc. They tend to 'scout' teams rather than individual players and invite them to come down and play Southend United's kids at venues such as the Chase (which happened with my boy's U-10 team). Therefore they can watch a few teams at once, within the same venue, and then attempt to cream off the talent. I must admit it was an absolute pleasure to watch the Leyton Orient Academy play us the other week, the future for them is certainly bright.

Back to the stadium, so we appear to be back on Ron's robbing Peter to pay Paul's merry-go-round - whoopee.

Back