• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

That’s intriguing, only shut down last month for what was believed to be housing. Are we talking a scaled down version along side the housing? It is such an expensive area that I’d be really surprised, would be great to have recruiting presence in East London though, a lot of young talent in that area. Await this announcement with bated breath.

You're breath will be easier to hold now ...........

I think the point is we're buying the component parts and reassembling them at the training ground, rather than buying the site itself (which is being redeveloped for housing)!

So hang on a minute. Ron is now minted, buying the Soccerdome for re-assembly here and building the new stadium without any involvement from Sainsburys, who now appear out of the equation?

Errr WTF?

No clipboard (just a Blackberry!), no hard hat, and neither was he sitting on a digger - although I don't think they're allowed in Starbucks anyway (which is where I bumped into him)!

How about Ron gets the Soccer dome in return for selling housing space at roots hall to the soccer dome developer knight dragon?

So hang on a minute. Ron is now minted, buying the Soccerdome for re-assembly here and building the new stadium without any involvement from Sainsburys, who now appear out of the equation?

Errr WTF?

WTF? Did you mean WDF?

(World Domination Follows)

No clipboard (just a Blackberry!), no hard hat, and neither was he sitting on a digger - although I don't think they're allowed in Starbucks anyway (which is where I bumped into him)!

****bucks you say-. That explains it - probably getting some tips on how to earn big profits, pay low wages and not to pay any taxes ...... :'(

No clipboard and wasn't in a pub either?

Not sure this is true :winking:

How about Ron gets the Soccer dome in return for selling housing space at roots hall to the soccer dome developer knight dragon?

I had exactly the same thoughts - perhaps the Roots Hall site is now worth more as solely housing than for a supermarket.

Errr WTF?

You are assuming that is two different things :smile:

The Southend United Soccerdome. You heard it here first.:smile:

In actual fact, buying the components parts of the Soccerdome (at a presumable discounted price) and reassembling it at the training ground (or elsewhere, perhaps that mystical plot of land he owns in Benfleet?) would be a very smart move. Not only would we have access to an all weather pitch, but it would establish an additional source of revenue for the club in renting it out to grassroots clubs in the area (until such a time we go for EPPP Category 2 status, in which case we'd have to be sole users of the facility).

Not that I think it's our new pitch but didn't they pass that ruling recently that you can now play on artificial pitches? About the same times the 'girls' were having a whinge about playing their upcoming World Cup on artificial pitches. Could be a good little money maker if there's not many pitches around but they cost a bit in maintenance

Not that I think it's our new pitch but didn't they pass that ruling recently that you can now play on artificial pitches? About the same times the 'girls' were having a whinge about playing their upcoming World Cup on artificial pitches. Could be a good little money maker if there's not many pitches around but they cost a bit in maintenance

No they said you couldn't; unless we drop down a level or two !

They don't cost a huge amount in maintenance; it's the initial set up that's expensive.

It still leaves many unanswered questions though?

Why is Ron now allegedly in a better financial position?

Are Sainsbury now completely out of the picture?

What about the £millions Sainsbury coughed up in advance?

Who is now funding the stadium?

What is happening to Roots Hall?

In actual fact, buying the components parts of the Soccerdome (at a presumable discounted price) and reassembling it at the training ground (or elsewhere, perhaps that mystical plot of land he owns in Benfleet?) would be a very smart move. Not only would we have access to an all weather pitch, but it would establish an additional source of revenue for the club in renting it out to grassroots clubs in the area (until such a time we go for EPPP Category 2 status, in which case we'd have to be sole users of the facility).

Would it be though? Or would it be for Ron?

It still leaves many unanswered questions though?

Why is Ron now allegedly in a better financial position?

Are Sainsbury now completely out of the picture?

What about the £millions Sainsbury coughed up in advance?

Who is now funding the stadium?

What is happening to Roots Hall?

Sadly his coffee was ready and he bid me farewell before I had a chance to ask all of these!

Back