• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

To Snog or not to Snog.

• Total voters
It's a teenage thang, isn't it? Surely there isn't a single member of this board who, during his teenage years, had a few too many at the school disco and tried to play tonsil hockey with the first thing with a pulse?

Having a kiss on the dancefloor with a total random doesn't really count as public affection... in my opinion....! For someone like chadded, he has to do that as he is never going to be able to just talk the girl back to his place! :flamer:

Having a kiss on the dancefloor with a total random doesn't really count as public affection... in my opinion....! For someone like chadded, he has to do that as he is never going to be able to just talk the girl back to his place! :flamer:

Tis true, however surely everyone still kisses properly, regardless of how far into a relationship you are. The question in hand is whether going 40-0 up in a game of tonsil tennis when surrounding by other people in a train, or the street etc, is acceptable.

Not just on the dancefloor, though? Teenagers post-disco will suck face anywhere - on the dancefloor, at the bus stop, outside the chippy, on the park bench, on the night bus... etc. etc.

If you're all saying you haven't, I'm saying you're all hypocrites!

:finger:

However, whilst that is part of growing up (and thus, just about, acceptable), I do agree with Dave that doing it at 8.00 a.m. on a train is plain wrong - they ought to be taken out and briched, frankly.

Matt

It's not acceptable. Especially if their kisses make the same noise you get when you pull a leech off a human body.

I had a tough upbringing, alright?

Tis true, however surely everyone still kisses properly, regardless of how far into a relationship you are. The question in hand is whether going 40-0 up in a game of tonsil tennis when surrounding by other people in a train, or the street etc, is acceptable.

I think there is a clear majority vote here that it is not acceptable!

Yes, but why the need to play tonsil tennis as you put it, if you have been dating someone for a while and feel comfortable around them?! Go back home and do it in private. It's partly due to insecurity IMO.

My guess is these two people on train have very few friends too due to their public behaviour! :thump:

On a totally random side note here. Is it me or does anyone else think that young Mr Slipper here has a more than passing resemblance to a one Mr Hammond, aka The Hampster?

Sorry Slipper, just checked your website and it stood out like the proverbial sore thumb :hilarious:Well, to me it did anyway:rolleyes:

On a totally random side note here. Is it me or does anyone else think that young Mr Slipper here has a more than passing resemblance to a one Mr Hammond, aka The Hampster?
Slipper is at least a foot taller, to be fair - so you couldn't really say they resemble one another at all...

I have it on good authority that one of our current squad is a goth. Before you go jumping the gun, no it isn't Lewis Hunt.

Theres nothing Mrs Callan likes more than large displays of Public affection,
From a gentle tugging of her ear in front of the Neighbours before I set off for work or a large suck on her face at southend east as she picks me up from the station.
To be honest I dont allow her to be released into the community that often, but when I do I'm sure fellow zoners will appreciate she should enjoy her day.

Sorry Slipper, just checked your website and it stood out like the proverbial sore thumb :hilarious:Well, to me it did anyway:rolleyes:

You cold-hearted *******!

It's not acceptable at all, it's ****ing horrible.

No-one's overflowing with passion on the ****ing No.57 at 8am, no-one. That means that displays like this are the direct manifestation of two individuals complete lack of self-esteem. They snog, not for each other, but for themselves. They yearn for love, but first they have to love who they are.

In short, they're *****.

Sir tis rare i would disgaree , but i would say the reverse . If one can expresse themselevs in indiffernce to those around them surly it is the hight of self expression.
(plus you miserable sods can look teh other way :P)

Mind you yes eating the face of your sicnifcant other is propably unpleasent.

Tis a reelction on our society i would say that affection and expressions of are percieved in such a cynical light. does it not gladden your hearts to see the joy's of love in this day and age. Or you guys just not getting enough ???

Last edited:
I had a similar incident the other day to those previously mentioned. On the tube, there was a French couple (they looked, smelt and naturally spoke French) literally interlocking the whole journey. I got the impression that they hadn't seen each other for a long while, although I would not be surprised if this was not the case at all.

As French birds go, she wasn't bad looking at all. On the other hand, of course, he was an ugly ****er!

I was not the only one who was evidently f*cked off with this public display of affection. A few other commuters had looks to kill. But did this couple notice they were being stared at? No. Did they care? No. Did they come up for air? Not that I noticed.

Absolutely disgusting to witness such inconsiderate and selfish actions in public!

Sir tis rare i would disgaree , but i would say the reverse . If one can expresse themselevs in indiffernce to those around them surly it is the hight of self expression.
(plus you miserable sods can look teh other way :P)

Mind you yes eating the face of your sicnifcant other is propably unpleasent.

Tis a reelction on our society i would say that affection and expressions of are percieved in such a cynical light. does it not gladden your hearts to see the joy's of love in this day and age. Or you guys just not getting enough ???

Nothing gives me and the lads more pleasure that shouting "Get a room" to these people on a night out. :guns:

Back