• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Andy_S

Member of the Barry Corr Fan Club
Don't know if many people are aware but on Monday, all commercial radio stations are teaming up for a special day aimed at raising money for the tsunami disaster. The timetable is:

0600 - 0800 - Davina McCall and Dermot O’Leary
0800 - 1000 - Chris Evans and Kate Thornton
1000 - 1200 - Simon Bates and Jade Goody
1200 - 1400 - Zoe Ball and Shane Richie
1400 - 1600 - Sharon Osbourne and ??
1600 - 1800 - Johnny Vaughan and Lisa Tarbuck  

Something tells me that I might not have the radio on much on Monday! There could also be a mass surge in suicides in the workplace between 12 & 2 if people have to listen to Jade frigging Goody for any length of time.  
mad.gif

laugh.gif

Who comes up with who's chosen for things like this!  
rock.gif

That's the radio equivalent of a sh*t sandwich, isn't it? Two decent slices at either end, and a huge dollop of steaming **** in the middle...

rock.gif

So when are the fund-raising events happening for the thousands affected by the flooding in Cumbria?

WS

rock.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (TrueBlue @ Jan. 14 2005,21:14)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] ]So when are the fund-raising events happening for the thousands affected by the flooding in Cumbria?

You should know this country by now worry about everybody else first then think about your own!
Yep, an almost obsessive desire to keep the Muslims happy. I bet if Canterbury Cathedral was set on fire by a bunch of Muslim fanatics, the powers-that-be would be warning the firemen to be careful not to get the Imans wet ...

WS

Simon Bates definately drew the short straw getting paired with jade goody. wonder what the odds are for him being 'sick' that day?
biggrin.gif
tounge.gif

FFS, You lot make me wanna die.

Anything to have a moan about. Whilst the floods are awfull up in Cumbria and I hope I never have to deal with such a thing, to mention or compare those floods compared to what happened on Boxing day is nothing short of pathetic.

Over 160,000 people lost their lives at the hands of the Tsunami. Hundreds of thousands made homeless. Countless families ripped apart,hundreds if not thousands of young children orphaned.

Cumbria/Carlisle not quite on the same scale is it.
Most of the countries affected by the Tsunami are among the poorest areas of the world. They had hardly anything to start with then the wave came and washed their lives away.
Would everyone really truly be happy if we as a country did nothing to help raise money for the Tsunami victims?

Sorry. I forgot that one is not allowed to have an opinion in President Blair's PC rotten dictatorship ... lucky I'm in Spain then and can say what I like ...

WS

rock.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Jávea Shrimper @ Jan. 16 2005,09:10)]Sorry. I forgot that one is not allowed to have an opinion in President Blair's PC rotten dictatorship ... lucky I'm in Spain then and can say what I like ...

WS

rock.gif
Mike

We have an economy that can sustain aid for the people affected by the floods in Cumbria, a welfare system that will not see people starve and alternative housing for those left homeless. We contribute towards this by our income tax.

The people in Asia do not have such safety nets to fall back on, that is why people have chosen to act so generously with charitable donations. If there was a big push to raise money for the poor people in Cumbria so badly affected by the floods then people would ask why they should need to rely on charity - couldn't the Governmant be dealing with this? I'm far from Mr Blair's biggest fan - but surely he can't win with this one?

RM

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Ron Manager @ Jan. 16 2005,09:56)]We have an economy that can sustain aid for the people affected by the floods in Cumbria, a welfare system that will not see people starve and alternative housing for those left homeless.
For how long? Watch out for those sneaky increases in insurance premiums ...

WS

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Jávea Shrimper @ Jan. 16 2005,10:31)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Ron Manager @ Jan. 16 2005,09:56)]We have an economy that can sustain aid for the people affected by the floods in Cumbria, a welfare system that will not see people starve and alternative housing for those left homeless.
For how long? Watch out for those sneaky increases in insurance premiums ...

WS
Insurance premiums, set by insurance companies who are completely independent of the government. Insurance companies who are ran to make a profit for themselves and their shareholders - how is that the government's fault?

And, with respect Mike - what has that got to do with the original argument? The fact remains the people in Cumbria don't need charitable donations, the people in Asia (except for the Indian government who has stated that they have a strong enough economy to cope and have declined aid) do.

Just my opinion. I know it's wrong, but hey-ho ...

WS

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Jávea Shrimper @ Jan. 16 2005,11:01)]Just my opinion. I know it's wrong, but hey-ho ...

WS
'Gawd bless ya' for having an opinion and expressing it so eloquently mate. That's what this forum is all about surely?

Anyway, who do you think is better - Flavs or Bart.........?

tounge.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Javea Shrimper @ Jan. 16 2005,09:10)]Sorry. I forgot that one is not allowed to have an opinion in President Blair's PC rotten dictatorship ... lucky I'm in Spain then and can say what I like ...

WS

rock.gif
Its not about not being allowed to have an opinion far from it. Perhaps I worded my post too strongly.
rock.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Javea Shrimper @ Jan. 16 2005,09:10)]Sorry. I forgot that one is not allowed to have an opinion in President Blair's PC rotten dictatorship ... lucky I'm in Spain then and can say what I like ...

WS

rock.gif
Sorry I personally did not know Spain was so perfect. I am obviously hugely mistaken.

Everyone is entitled to an opinion, however your constant moaning about this country is just plain pathetic and immature. If it is so terrible then request a change of nationality and while you’re at it you might as well never speak English again either, if after all this country is such a disgrace.

Back