• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Rangers v Zenit St. Petersberg

Unlucky Rangers however i think the Scottish FA could've done them a favour by postponing thier game on Saturday considering they had a cup final in just 4 days (Zenit didn't have a game at the weekend). But oh well it looks like they will have to settle for the treble this year lol

Well if they cannot beat Queen of the South in their FA Cup Final they might just as well give up now. Even a Rangers reserve team would surely have no trouble there I wouldn't have thought.

League is not over yet however and though they should win it, the fixture pile up may well (hopefully) catch up with them yet.

Zenit all the way, although they're no better than Rangers really. Have never signed a black player and their manager refuses to do so for fear of upsetting the fans.

Is it possible for both teams to lose?

Spot on. I wanted Rangers to lose entirely because of you. Someone I have never met.

So what did make you go for Zenit? And we're not likely to meet when you're watching the game in London are we?

So what did make you go for Zenit? And we're not likely to meet when you're watching the game in London are we?

Lesser of two evils. I can't say I jumped for joy when they scored, but I certainly laughed at Barry Ferguson's miserable boat.

I've followed Celtic for years - since the mid 90's - so it would follow that I'd not want Rangers to win a major trophy, particularly in a season when they might well have won four titles.

Lesser of two evils. I can't say I jumped for joy when they scored, but I certainly laughed at Barry Ferguson's miserable boat.

I've followed Celtic for years - since the mid 90's - so it would follow that I'd not want Rangers to win a major trophy, particularly in a season when they might well have won four titles.

Well I hope they get three, and leave the Fenians with f@ck all.

As I have previously mentioned, i have followed Celtic all my life (born in glasgow) and I may be in the minority of Celtic fans, but i was wanting Rangers to win tonight as they are a British team....end of

As I have previously mentioned, i have followed Celtic all my life (born in glasgow) and I may be in the minority of Celtic fans, but i was wanting Rangers to win tonight as they are a British team....end of

Bugger.....I just greend you on another thread, but this post is even more deserving.......will green you in time for this post mate

I have to admit I always want the 'British' clubs to fail as well as the England National team - frankly all that stuff bores me sh*tless

I'm English not British, that old toothless identity has passed away and the corpse is starting to smell a bit.

I was supporting the Gers last night because I cant stand the "Oooh Aaarrgghh up the RA" pikey weedgy scummers. However the whole thing sectarian thing looks even more ridiculous given that there's a good chance Britain will cease to exist in the not to distant future.

I'm English not British, that old toothless identity has passed away and the corpse is starting to smell a bit.

I was supporting the Gers last night because I cant stand the "Oooh Aaarrgghh up the RA" pikey weedgy scummers. However the whole thing sectarian thing looks even more ridiculous given that there's a good chance Britain will cease to exist in the not to distant future.
Music to Europes ears they cant wait

I do hope that Scottish teams will be banned from Europe for the disgraceful scenes in Manchester last night. Europe needs to be protected from these serious outbreaks of the "Scottish disease"

BTW it's great to be able to take the moral high ground after having to endure years of the sweaties banging on how their fans don't misbehave when abroad.......

Totally agree.

People in this country should be backing British teams.

We are an island, and what better geographical form could there be for a single nation state?

Would we break up our Army? Will we split up our territorial waters? Would we split the Pound or have a monetary union?

British people who back foreign teams against our own British teams in my opinion are short sighted sheep followers, with no sense of identity.

You don't need to split the Euro.

How Scottish are Rangers?

Their captain and star player, Ferguson, is Scottish, as is Weir, their best defender. How many other players are? Thomson? Broadfoot? Davies is Northern Irish isn't he? Their manager is Scottish, are they still Scottish owned?

Their captain and star player, Ferguson, is Scottish, as is Weir, their best defender. How many other players are? Thomson? Broadfoot? Davies is Northern Irish isn't he? Their manager is Scottish, are they still Scottish owned?

In terms of their squad, and by modern standards, they've actually got quite a lot of Scottish players. I'm fairly sure the SPL has brought in rules (or rather, more of a gentlemen's agreement between the clubs) about a certain number of each matchday squad having to be homegrown and under a certain age.

Hun squad

In terms of their squad, and by modern standards, they've actually got quite a lot of Scottish players.

And it appears that Rangers are more Scottish than Celtic by 5 players, 17 homegrown versus 12.

I am also would like to understand why you refer to Rangers as the Hun? I understand the Fenian link to Celtic.

Back