• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Rochford Beer and Cider Festival

Its that's time of year again.

Rochford Beer and Cider Festival 2018
Date Wednesday 21st November/Saturday 24th November.
New Opening times. Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday.
Opens.12.OO with time called at 22.00.
Usual Venue. Freight House, Bradley Way, Rochford. SS41BU.
Next to Rochford Railway Station.
Over 150 Cask Beers, with a Essex Bar and a National Bar.
Plus the usual amount of Cider's and Perry's, plus a greatly improved Craft Beer Bar,
and the usual Foreign Bottles Beer Bar. Food Available all sessions.
Free Admission except Thursday and Friday after 17.00 when a £2.00 entrance fee applies.
Unless you are a card carrying C.A.M.R.A. member when it remains free.
Most of the Organising committee follow Southend, home and away.
Visit the website see.camra.org.uk. for further details.
Sorry over 18's only.

Any questions just ask me Slaphead Steve.

Excellent! I was just asking Will at West Road Tap about the dates (last week) and we both were looking forward to it, again!

Its that's time of year again.

Rochford Beer and Cider Festival 2018
Date Wednesday 21st November/Saturday 24th November.
New Opening times. Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday.
Opens.12.OO with time called at 22.00.
Usual Venue. Freight House, Bradley Way, Rochford. SS41BU.
Next to Rochford Railway Station.
Over 150 Cask Beers, with a Essex Bar and a National Bar.
Plus the usual amount of Cider's and Perry's, plus a greatly improved Craft Beer Bar,
and the usual Foreign Bottles Beer Bar. Food Available all sessions.
Free Admission except Thursday and Friday after 17.00 when a £2.00 entrance fee applies.
Unless you are a card carrying C.A.M.R.A. member when it remains free.
Most of the Organising committee follow Southend, home and away.
Visit the website see.camra.org.uk. for further details.
Sorry over 18's only.

Any questions just ask me Slaphead Steve.
Well looking forward to this - my favourite local event of the year! Really glad to hear that the craft bar has been improved - it was fine last year, but the more the better AFAIC.

Is it the usual card system for payments or cash bars? And when will the beer list be out? Thanks in advance.

Will there be a doner van in the car park?
There's one over the road next to the Sainsbury's Local. Not being a meat-eater I can't vouch for the quality of their mystery meat kebabs, but their pizzas certainly do a good job of soaking up the booze.

Well looking forward to this - my favourite local event of the year! Really glad to hear that the craft bar has been improved - it was fine last year, but the more the better AFAIC.

Is it the usual card system for payments or cash bars? And when will the beer list be out? Thanks in advance.

Hi Supernaut

Yes its the usual card system. I have just finished ordering all the Cask and Craft Beer.
This year we have a Essex Bar and a National Bar. 75 Firkins on each.
Beer List should be out very soon.

Slaphead

Hi Supernaut

Yes its the usual card system. I have just finished ordering all the Cask and Craft Beer.
This year we have a Essex Bar and a National Bar. 75 Firkins on each.
Beer List should be out very soon.

Slaphead

Is it right that the back bar I not going to be open this year, just the main hall?

Hi Freedom For Tooting

Yes and No. The room will be open but not a Cask Beer Bar. It will be. Please see below.

The Back bar, will be the Cider and Perry Bar, as well as the Craft Beer Bar, plus seating.
This will give where the Cider bar has always been more seating, for everyone (Hopefully).

Cheers
Slaphead Steve

Hi Freedom For Tooting

Yes and No. The room will be open but not a Cask Beer Bar. It will be. Please see below.

The Back bar, will be the Cider and Perry Bar, as well as the Craft Beer Bar, plus seating.
This will give where the Cider bar has always been more seating, for everyone (Hopefully).

Cheers
Slaphead Steve
Cheers!

A interim Beer List (not complete) Is now on the Facebook page, of South East Essex C.A.M.R.A.

Last edited:
Had trouble finding the beer list before but have a link BEER LIST for those interested.

Any news on the ciders available?

Looking forward to visiting over the coming days :Clap:

Last edited:
Back