• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Ron

Fair weather? I was a season ticket holder in the late 90’s early 00’s. I’ve seen us in some pretty dark days! How dare you call me fair weather!

I dare mate. You aren’t going again whilst Bond is manager presumably because we’ve lost a few games and we are playing like dog ****. 200 of us will support the team regardless and many Bury fans would swap with us right now. You need to keep things in perspective - this is a low spot in our history, certainly but it will change - and when it does you can come back and be a part of it.

Right now, that’s what we need. We need someone who is going to give this lot a kick up the ***. This bunch have gotten away with lacklustre performances for to long now.

And that’s where we are. We have the players - too many of them for my liking. Someone needs to clear out 10 and tear a strip off the remainder.

I dare mate. You aren’t going again whilst Bond is manager presumably because we’ve lost a few games and we are playing like dog ****. 200 of us will support the team regardless and many Bury fans would swap with us right now. You need to keep things in perspective - this is a low spot in our history, certainly but it will change - and when it does you can come back and be a part of it.

Well good for you, that you can go to every game! I don’t have that ability because I have responsibilities. Just because you can go to every game doesn’t make you anymore of a fan than me. But I’m not going to go out of my way to watch us when Ron continues to employ a manager who is a complete clown!

And that’s where we are. We have the players - too many of them for my liking. Someone needs to clear out 10 and tear a strip off the remainder.

Who is going to be made enough to take 10 players from us though? I agree we need a clear out but it’s going to be a struggle to get rid of anybody who’s contract doesn’t end this summer coming.

Who is going to be made enough to take 10 players from us though? I agree we need a clear out but it’s going to be a struggle to get rid of anybody who’s contract doesn’t end this summer coming.

Fair point. Needing to get rid of 10 is one thing. Finding someone to take 10 is another.

Of course we won't be able to get rid of 10 players but what we need is a manager who can motivate them and play to their strengths not try and make them into something they aren't. Managers like Dave Webb and Tilly got the best from the available players, Bond does not.

Well good for you, that you can go to every game! I don’t have that ability because I have responsibilities. Just because you can go to every game doesn’t make you anymore of a fan than me. But I’m not going to go out of my way to watch us when Ron continues to employ a manager who is a complete clown!

I don’t go to every game mate - we all have lives to lead and bills to pay. But I don’t select my games based on how well the team is playing, which is where your post started out. Have a beer and enjoy your evening.

I don’t go to every game mate - we all have lives to lead and bills to pay. But I don’t select my games based on how well the team is playing, which is where your post started out. Have a beer and enjoy your evening.

Don’t appreciate being called fair weather! Just choosing to use my money elsewhere whilst Bond is in charge. Make a point to RM!

Wasn’t previously a fan but Holloway fits the bill. He’s a big name which Ron loves and I imagine is keen for another crack. Would probably want more than we could afford, but would bring the squad together, motivate and give them all a boot up the arse.

I haven’t been to one game yet, was going to Stevenage but didn’t, was going to Wycombe but didn’t, was thinking of going Rochdale at home, think I’ll give it a miss as well, I just can’t be arsed really.

I haven’t been to one game yet, was going to Stevenage but didn’t, was going to Wycombe but didn’t, was thinking of going Rochdale at home, think I’ll give it a miss as well, I just can’t be arsed really.

Put your Tin Helmet on, can imagine the comments heading your way!!.

I not sure we need clear-out. We need a clear-eyed manager who knows how to extract the best from the players at his disposal.

Back