• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Roy and Wayne.

mrsblue

Banned
Roy is an utterly amazing old duffer.Selecting WR as captain was the worst kept secret of all time then Roy straight faced insisted he would drop Wayne if he had too!Rooney our best player is being threatened he may not play but is the captain.

Truly strange and incredible from Roy,Now please get a result against the Swiss!

The Norway game has the FA panicking trying to sell tickets with so I have been told only 10,000 sold !

Any player off form is at risk of being dropped - any manager young (yeeeey) or old (boooo) would say the same if asked.

Very true yet Roy should have told Rooney and nobody else as there is little need to big up Wayne by making him captain then knocking him by threatening he may be dropped.

In Roy I don't trust.

Roy is an utterly amazing old duffer.

Agreed. Good man. Good manager. Heralded on the continent too.

Selecting WR as captain was the worst kept secret of all time

Well who else was he going to select? Rooney's the most well respected and talented footballer we have at our disposal and someone the younger crop of players coming through will look up to, rightly or wrongly.

then Roy straight faced insisted he would drop Wayne if he had too!

Yeah, suggesting he'll still act in the team's best interests. What a tosser.

Rooney our best player is being threatened he may not play but is the captain.

Ah, but is he young, hungry and pacy enough? What if Hodgson catches wind of Layne, Brown or Williams' sterling form for the Southend United development side?

Truly strange and incredible from Roy,

Strange how? He's picked a squad, picked a captain and then insisted that the armband doesn't grant Rooney immunity. That, to me, ticks all the boxes of what would've been asked from him.

The Norway game has the FA panicking trying to sell tickets with so I have been told only 10,000 sold !

Where've you heard that from, pray tell?

Very true yet Roy should have told Rooney and nobody else.

Wait, you're criticising Hodgson now for something he may or may not have said to Rooney in private?

What did you make of the squad anyway? Plenty of young and hungry players in there and not a Gerrard or a Lampard in sight.

ESB it must have taken you ages to do all that !

Phew you need to get out more:smile:

Two minutes, treacle. That's all it takes.[/

You must have all of my quotes stored for future reference !

The squad is good apart from Lambert who will be very old by the time the finals start and Welbeck who I think is vastly overrated,Wilshere worries me as he constantly refuses to play the easy ball.

10,000 is scaremongering. The FA are estimating somewhere between 35,000 and 40,000. Still low by England's standards, but for pretty much any other country (Mexico perhaps an exception?) still a cracking crowd for a game of such insignificance.

10,000 is scaremongering. The FA are estimating somewhere between 35,000 and 40,000. Still low by England's standards, but for pretty much any other country (Mexico perhaps an exception?) still a cracking crowd for a game of such insignificance.

10,000 tickets actually sold was the number I was told,But I agree the crowd will hover around 35000 which would be the lowest crowd of all time watching England at Wembley.

Cannot understand why the FA dont charge under 16s a quid and adults a tenner?

Two minutes, treacle. That's all it takes.[/

You must have all of my quotes stored for future reference !

The squad is good apart from Lambert who will be very old by the time the finals start and Welbeck who I think is vastly overrated,Wilshere worries me as he constantly refuses to play the easy ball.

Who else would you have picked up front then? On the midfield side i feel a little bit sorry for Roy as his choices were limited due to the decimation of the squad through both retirements and injuries. At least it gives others the opportunity to show if they can play at international level.

Never have I been less enthused about watching England with Roy in charge and Wayne as captain. When has he ever led by example on or off the pitch? Big time choker, who will now be guranteed a start every game despite not showing any decent form for a long time. The squad is getting weaker every year. I have some sympathy for Roy but he doesnt help himself by picking the same old failures- Wellbeck, Milner, Jagielka etc.

Who else would you have picked up front then? On the midfield side i feel a little bit sorry for Roy as his choices were limited due to the decimation of the squad through both retirements and injuries. At least it gives others the opportunity to show if they can play at international level.

Zaha is a decent shout.

Aren't we picking players on form anymore then?

Never stopped Roy before !

England should dump the wannabes who fail every time and inject dare I say it youth and pace,Zaha will be rejuvenated and I think Wembley would suit his style very well.

Never stopped Roy before !

England should dump the wannabes who fail every time and inject dare I say it youth and pace,Zaha will be rejuvenated and I think Wembley would suit his style very well.

Don't entirely disagree with you there but Sterling, Barkley, Oxlade Chamberlain and Townsend are young and very much blessed with pace and in truth are light years ahead of Zaha.

Don't entirely disagree with you there but Sterling, Barkley, Oxlade Chamberlain and Townsend are young and very much blessed with pace and in truth are light years ahead of Zaha.

Those you mention are wingers or midfielder , I would play Zaha up top not out wide.

I get your point though.

10,000 tickets actually sold was the number I was told,But I agree the crowd will hover around 35000 which would be the lowest crowd of all time watching England at Wembley.

Cannot understand why the FA dont charge under 16s a quid and adults a tenner?

It's a shame the FA, financially, have to have all their games at Wembley. This would have been in front of a near full house at (say) Villa Park, The Stadium of Light, Etihad, etc.

It's a shame the FA, financially, have to have all their games at Wembley. This would have been in front of a near full house at (say) Villa Park, The Stadium of Light, Etihad, etc.

I think the apathy toward Roy and his team has reached the depths of despair.I believe if we had played well in the WC and at least reached the second round the crowd would have been 50000 .

I have no sympathy for the FA whatsoever .

Those you mention are wingers or midfielder , I would play Zaha up top not out wide.

I get your point though.

The one striker who i thought may have a chance of joining up with the seniors is Saido Berahino of WBA. He has a great record for U21 team, 7 goals in 8 games and has found the net twice for West Brom this season so far.

The one striker who i thought may have a chance of joining up with the seniors is Saido Berahino of WBA. He has a great record for U21 team, 7 goals in 8 games and has found the net twice for West Brom this season so far.

Must admit I know nothing about him but if those stats are correct yeah he should be involved,Lambert is good but his age is against him plus at Liverpool he will struggle to get in that team.

Back