• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Fulham only made 1 big signing in the January window and that was about the same amount as Martin Jol spent on Bryan Ruiz.

Nowhere near.
In fact the last time Fulham spent over 12 million on a striker was when they bought Steve Marlet (under Tigana).
Remember SM? He was awful.

"Across five transfer windows, Jol's net spend on permanent signings was roughly £4m. The group came to lack balance. Khan reacted on the final day of the January window, funding the £12.5m signing of the striker Kostas Mitroglou."

http://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2014/feb/05/fulham-rene-meulensteen-manager

Nowhere near.
In fact the last time Fulham spent over 12 million on a striker was when they bought Steve Marlet (under Tigana).
Remember SM? He was awful.

"Across five transfer windows, Jol's net spend on permanent signings was roughly £4m. The group came to lack balance. Khan reacted on the final day of the January window, funding the £12.5m signing of the striker Kostas Mitroglou."

http://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2014/feb/05/fulham-rene-meulensteen-manager

Bryan Ruiz cost over £10m, so it was actually quite near. Net spend was only helped by selling Dembele and Dempsey to Spurs for £21m.

Mitroglou is actually a decent forward but if I remember rightly, hadn't played for a while when joining Fulham so perhaps they're being coy in making sure he's match fit before throwing him in. That doesn't excuse the absolute farce that's going on there though, particularly with Magath being such a nasty piece of work. You only have to speak to Jefferson Farfan about the lengths Magath's bullying extends to.

Still, could be worse, they could be managed by one particularly stout manager who's bombing talented midfielders out of his club because they won't switch representatives to the man who looks after him.

particularly with Magath being such a nasty piece of work. You only have to speak to Jefferson Farfan about the lengths Magath's bullying extends to.

Felix certainly intends to get them working all right.

http://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2014/february/16/manager-video

Let's see if he can get Fulham winning too.A point (or more)at WBA would be a good
start.

I saw Fulham play WBA back in September and coudn't believe that the away side weren't in the bottom three then.They were useless, (and still got a last minute point at Craven Cottage),when they should have been buried in the first half.

It's a right circus going on at Fulham, both Curbishley and Wilkins have been sacked today.

Looks like Ronnie Moore could be the next manager sacked after being suspended whilst he is investigated for a breach of betting rules.

Bonkers thing is, Mo Fayed has left and now things have gone mad. He must have been alright after all...

Thing with Al Fayed was he largely let the club run itself (within reason) and just turned up at the end of each FY to settle the tab. Khan seems to want an altogether more involved role and is probably being advised poorly... that seems evident enough in them falling for the Muelensteen garb about him being indirectly responsible for Man United's success over the last decade or so. Curbishley and Wilkins are just collateral damage. They're Muelensteen's men and were always going to go as soon as Magath was brought in.

Should Fulham stay up, then they'll just have to conclude that Muelensteen's appointment was a blip and they ultimately acted when they could. If Magath takes them down then it'll only compound the shambles there. Whatever happens, at least Fulham are actually mildly interesting for once.

Last edited:
After 44 days as well. :facepalm:

Should add, some firms have kept their odds up but they have Mel generally around evens to go.

As mentioned elsewhere on this thread, I wasn't convinced by his appointment in the first place, but sacking him now would seem a bit panicky.

I thought that was a bit of a bizarre appointment in the first place. Should of just stuck with Steve Clarke and rode it out, it's what West Ham have done with big Sam and look at them now. :nope:

And now a massive gamble developing on Moyes! 6/1 in to 5/4 in a matter of minutes.

I think I read that they will give him till December. This season is written off for them and I think all they can hope for is Europa League. The problem is with that is they now have to attract Champions League quality players whilst not actually being in it that season. Any other club would really struggle but the name and reputation (not forgetting money) helps United.

At this current time I think it would be crazy for them to sack Moyes, he will get rid of all the deadwood in the summer (Vidic, Ferdinand, Evra(?) ) and will replace them with younger and better defenders. Another issue that will come for Moyes or whoever if he were to get sacked is that there is a World Cup in the summer which means over inflated prices for players who have a good tournament. Clubs won't want to sell their players before the World Cup incase they have a stormer and their stock goes up.

My opinion he will stay and next season you will see a premier league challenging side. But hey what do I know I've never played football at a high level and don't know any ex professionals. :winking:

Back