• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

See my post on the FF thread - it won't happen. They are referring to a possible trial area should it become legal. We are a long way off.

Even so its a specific section in the plans to show that they are now including it as a possible option, which is something they werent before.

At least it will be physically possible now if and when it does become legal.

Got to break the ground and start building the thing Before I worry about getting a season for the standing bit....

Someone tell Uncle Ron that this is a way to get more people through the gate, then he'll be all over it.

I would love to have proper standing area

It may not ever happen but to even be mentioned is some sea change from the club's attitude at the consultation back in 2015. Danny Macklin dismissed it completely when I asked him about it.

Someone tell Uncle Ron that this is a way to get more people through the gate, then he'll be all over it.

Proper standing, as you put it (assuming you mean turning up at the appropriate 'stand' and stand where ever you want to), i do not believe will ever return to Football Stadiums. The days of walking into the West Stand and moving North or South depending on which end we were attacking are long gone.

Safe Standing as i understand it, gives you a specific area to stand in rather than as presently a specific area to sit in. In other words you will still be given a specific 2 square feet which is yours for the duration of the match which you will be expected to stay within unless you want a Burger (no onions) or need to ablute.

You wont be able to turn up, find your mates on the terraces, and stand where ever you like.

That, i am afraid, my friend has all gone.

I hope i am wrong, but i fear not. :sad:

Proper standing, as you put it (assuming you mean turning up at the appropriate 'stand' and stand where ever you want to), i do not believe will ever return to Football Stadiums. The days of walking into the West Stand and moving North or South depending on which end we were attacking are long gone.

Safe Standing as i understand it, gives you a specific area to stand in rather than as presently a specific area to sit in. In other words you will still be given a specific 2 square feet which is yours for the duration of the match which you will be expected to stay within unless you want a Burger (no onions) or need to ablute.

You wont be able to turn up, find your mates on the terraces, and stand where ever you like.

That, i am afraid, my friend has all gone.

I hope i am wrong, but i fear not. :sad:

Sounds fairly accurate. In theory if the area is undersold then it would mean you could probably get away with standing in a different place to where your ticket says, but in reality this will probably be more strictly enforced than, say, an area of unreserved seating at an away game due to the controversies around standing.

Also, the likelihood of the area being undersold is pretty slim. With an allocation of 2,700 I would expect this area to be pretty much sold out every match.

Not Ron you have to convince.

Bear in mind the last plans didnt even allow the option and now they do, the club are happy to include safe standing by the look of it as long as the law changes to allow it.

Not Ron you have to convince.

Bear in mind the last plans didnt even allow the option and now they do, the club are happy to include safe standing by the look of it as long as the law changes to allow it.

Problem is, and I am no expert here, but if the law doesn't come in before construction starts, there is no way the club will be able/willing to rip out 1,500 perfectly good seats and spend a fortune on these new fangled safe standing things.

If this is ever going to happen, the law change needs to come first. We're still a fair way from that happening and it would seem that the shambles running the country at the moment have other things on their mind.

Problem is, and I am no expert here, but if the law doesn't come in before construction starts, there is no way the club will be able/willing to rip out 1,500 perfectly good seats and spend a fortune on these new fangled safe standing things.

If this is ever going to happen, the law change needs to come first. We're still a fair way from that happening and it would seem that the shambles running the country at the moment have other things on their mind.

No idea, I wouldnt imagine that replacing the seats would be that expensive though. Certainly bearing in mind if we get to that point we have built a massive stadium :smile:

They wouldnt have bothered considering it if they didnt seriously consider doing it and even with the constant delays Im sure they consider the law being something that would come after the stadium is complete.

Bottom line is that its an option on the table now, which is more than we had before.

Just copy Orlando Citys stadium and we will be good to go :smile:

The company I work for completed the seating on that project. Orlando's terracing is just that - old school crush barriers.

Re. ripping out seats retrospectively should the legislation change - it is expensive when you consider the written off cost of the original seats - this is why the system being demonstrated in the UK by the FSF isn't good enough - it isn't flexible enough, and it doesn't justify the additional cost over that of a standard plastic tip-up seat.

Back