• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

You forgot kightly and Robinson who are both on 3 year deals and are around 30 odd.

The average age of the league squads I believe is 24 or 25. Ours is 29 and possibly the oldest average in the league

This is a thread for match reports, Plenty of other threads to have the same weekly argument.

Don't take it personal, So happy Christmas Tommy. Hope your not on shifts

May as well just have one thread on this forum and everyone just posts under that ... was hoping for match day ratings and comments .. alas no !

Like the post above, not for me , have a good Christmas bye

The Second goal was down to both sets of players not listening to instructions. In fact I believe they may even have got the orders from the bench the wrong way round.

At 1-1 far to many of our players were chasing a second goal during our best spell. We know for a fact from shrimper zone this would never be allowed. So when we lost the ball very high up the pitch, Scunny done what they do best and broke real quick and forced a corner.

Graham Alexander was actually shouting to his players to take their time as he was probably happy to take a break in our half. Obviously Southends players heard the shout and coasted back but how's your luck when the Scunny player goes and takes it quick.

Obviously it should have been closed quicker and with more conviction, just like they did with our shots. Yes the stats say only 2 on target but they saved to certain goals with brave and committed defending. One shot was deflected inches past the post so is off target on the stats.

We put 2 great crosses in second half and McL and Turner climbed well but the defenders done just enough to stop the ball being headed down. Both efforts went just over the bar so again not on target but only missed because of good tight defending

Overall like the Bradford game we defended well but we were slow to deal with the second ball for their first (watch Fortune) then Coker doesn't read the danger and the impressive Duane Holmes picks a nice pass. Unlike us, Scunny know that a1-0 down just fire the ball, without fuss across the box....The earlier the better. Yes it bobbles about and their lad poaches a goal but you often make your own luck in football.

Overall a good performance even if the score says otherwise. The Oxley injury is a worry and I can't help thinking the more 'vocal' number one keeper would have livened up our sleeping defenders for the second goal. That's Not a slur on Bishop he had enough to think about on debut, just a shame some of the senior pros in front of him didn't give him the protection he deserved.

One really disappointing thing was the young lads who went down the front to abuse our players at the end. The team were heading to our end and many of the regulars in Christmas outfits etc wanted to show their appreciation. Of course if you see people giving you the w***** sign and telling you to FO...... then no surprise they just walked off

Now I know the fans favourite 'lost the dressing room' has been used a lot in the last 2 weeks but the players, including Cox and Anton certainly never showed that yesterday......Would be areal shame if a few idiots meant it was the fans who lost the dressing room........And that can and certainly has happened in the past.

Merry Christmas to you all enjoy it with your families and see you all on Boxing day. Time for us to step up and do our bit.

Not sure who who you are alluding to here? Fans at the game abusing our players, some of our players who aren't performing or those on here that don't agree with your opinion?

Once again a match report thread quickly turns into the same old postings.

For that reason, I'm out. :sad:

Bye bye.

May as well just have one thread on this forum and everyone just posts under that ... was hoping for match day ratings and comments .. alas no !

Like the post above, not for me , have a good Christmas bye

Two eloquent posters who appear to have had enough.

This is not a good thing for this site.

Nothing wrong with views being shared, but do we have to hear the same view over and over and over and over again.

Do we really want to lose any more posters of this quality?

Nothing wrong with views being shared, but do we have to hear the same view over and over and over and over again.

It is really tedious, why don't they have a simple "Brown Out" thread and keep it there. I have read the few match reports but the usual moanings from the usual people means ..........bye from me for a spell too. :sad:

Unfortunately at the moment we seem to get the same result with the same shortcomings from basically the same team over and over again away from home.

Not sure who who you are alluding to here? Fans at the game abusing our players, some of our players who aren't performing or those on here that don't agree with your opinion?

I think its clear who I was talking about.

If anything your post is unclear....Is it ok to abuse players if YOU think they have underperformed ?

I think its clear who I was talking about.

If anything your post is unclear....Is it ok to abuse players if YOU think they have underperformed ?

How the hell have you turned it around and made it look like I was talking about me abusing players at games. I was asking a genuine question but again you bypass the actual question and try and put the focus back on the poster asking you the question. I am done with you, you can go on ignore like Leoblue. The sooner Brown goes, the sooner you will hopefully disappear

How the hell have you turned it around and made it look like I was talking about me abusing players at games. I was asking a genuine question but again you bypass the actual question and try and put the focus back on the poster asking you the question. I am done with you, you can go on ignore like Leoblue. The sooner Brown goes, the sooner you will hopefully disappear

"So here it is Merry Christmas everybody's having fun..."!

It is really tedious, why don't they have a simple "Brown Out" thread and keep it there. I have read the few match reports but the usual moanings from the usual people means ..........bye from me for a spell too. :sad:

FFS! :thumbdown: .. Another one!

Unfortunately at the moment we seem to get the same result with the same shortcomings from basically the same team over and over again away from home.

Agreed, which is exactly my point.

We all know our shortcomings, so why do they need to be re-affirmed after every defeat.

The MR&R thread should be about the match, IMHO and preferably the first few posts at least, should be from people who attended the match, shouldn't they?

Agreed, which is exactly my point.

We all know our shortcomings, so why do they need to be re-affirmed after every defeat.

The MR&R thread should be about the match, IMHO and preferably the first few posts at least, should be from people who attended the match, shouldn't they?

so what you are saying is... Brown Out?

Seemed like a wholehearted performance from the lads yesterday, but our shooting is poor, very poor indeed. Heads went down a little towards the end and the third goal meant it was goodnight Vienna.

Last night I watched Leicester v Man United on the box - now that was a good example of what can happen if you keep believing and keep right on to the end.

Don't say I don't do anything for you.......

This is the best idea I've seen in a while.

The problem is that after a game, people will want to talk about the positive and negative on the post match report thread. For there to be negative views, there needs to be positive views. Someone says how great Brown is doing, there will always be someone who will say hoe bad he is doing.

I don't think the negative thread will have many posts because there needs to be opposing opinions. If you are only going to allow positive posts on a post match thread, then that is censorship. It's a two way thing, it always will be, like Ying and Yang. You can't have one without the other.

I am in the Brown out camp but have nothing to post in the negative thread. The only time I will post negative is when someone has put on here how good Brown is and how those wanting him out don't know what they are talking about etc.

I am also positive. I backed Rigsby up today on the performance of Bishop. he made a good save on hid debut and I didn't think he was at fault got the goals.

Back