• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Season DVD

They've gone to press and will be ready in 7 working days now. I've seen one of them and it's very impressive. It's been made multi regional as well so will work on all PAL systems but not in the US or Japan as these work on a different set-up although most DVD players can convert between the two so even they SHOULD be OK.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (McScriven @ Aug. 04 2005,12:23)]It's been made multi regional as well so will work on all PAL systems but not in the US or Japan ...
erm ... so it's NOT multi-regional then, Scriv?!

WS

tounge.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Xàbia Shrimper @ Aug. 04 2005,11:52)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (McScriven @ Aug. 04 2005,12:23)]It's been made multi regional as well so will work on all PAL systems but not in the US or Japan ...
erm ... so it's NOT multi-regional then, Scriv?!

WS

tounge.gif
well no!

tounge.gif

As I say though, it will work in 99% of the World as most DVD players are capiable of switching the signal.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Tilly's Prodical Son @ Aug. 04 2005,11:53)]so wat about all the international fans we have, i'm disappointed scrivs.
Well it will definately work everywhere except the USA and Japan where it might work in some cases.

We're not a major film distributor that can afford to do a Region 1 and a Region 2 copy but 99% of people will be happy.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (McScriven @ Aug. 04 2005,12:02)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Tilly's Prodical Son @ Aug. 04 2005,11:53)]so wat about all the international fans we have, i'm disappointed scrivs.
Well it will definately work everywhere except the USA and Japan where it might work in some cases.

We're not a major film distributor that can afford to do a Region 1 and a Region 2 copy but 99% of people will be happy.
not having a go, but couldn't you have made it a region free dvd?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Tilly's Prodical Son @ Aug. 04 2005,12:06)]
[b said:
[b said:

It's not possible, it has to either be PAL or NTSC - as the majority of the people buying would be PAL we had to go for that option.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Tilly's Prodical Son @ Aug. 04 2005,13:06)]
[b said:
[b said:

Most players can be "chipped" to play any region DVDs ...

Try here particularly for guidance ...

WS

k fair enuff, I suppose those in other countries not covered who are desperate to watch it can use a region free dvd player if neccessary

Yeah and as I say most DVD players will be able to convert between the two signals.

is there any chance that in the future the club will release dvds with the footage of whole games, such as cup matches and derbys etc.?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Tilly's Prodical Son @ Aug. 04 2005,12:18)]is there any chance that in the future the club will release dvds with the footage of whole games, such as cup matches and derbys etc.?
It's something we're considering for this year, especially with a new piece of equipment we've just purchased it will be easier to produce small quantities.

Watch this space is all I can say.

Regards,

Dave

Andy,

The shop were taking pre-orders and I guess they still are. Try giving them a call, oh sorry you can't
wink.gif
tounge.gif

If you can pop in Saturday then have a word and see if you can add your name to the list.

As soon as I have the exact date of delivery then I will start to publicise on the Official Site.

Dave

[b said:
Quote[/b] (McScriven @ Aug. 04 2005,13:02)]Andy,

The shop were taking pre-orders and I guess they still are. Try giving them a call, oh sorry you can't
wink.gif
tounge.gif

If you can pop in Saturday then have a word and see if you can add your name to the list.

As soon as I have the exact date of delivery then  I will start to publicise on the Official Site.

Dave
cheers dave, i just finished reading the phone thread so your answer now makes sense.
laugh.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Xàbia Shrimper @ Aug. 04 2005,13:21)]Scriv, can you secure a copy for me? I'll transfer the necessary wonga ...

WS
Yeah when they come in.

If it is coded as Region 0 and not 1/2 then it will work on all players

Back