• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Season DVD

Indeed Kenny, the only problem is that some older DVD players will not be able to switch from PAL to NTSC format - it appears to be the picture format that's the issue rather than the DVD region coding

additionally will there be a season VHS, not that I require it, but for those who are still yet to invest in DVD player (mainly the older generations)

Also will we be able to buy specific games?? Last season bought our away game from Kiddie, and thats great. Thanks

What Scriv is trying to say (I think) is that it IS coded 0 but runs on the PAL system rather than the American NTSC (it's all to do with number of lines on the screen etc) so if your DVD player is NTSC and deosn't support PAL then it won't run - it's a different problem to DVD regions.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Whatever @ Aug. 04 2005,13:56)]What Scriv is trying to say (I think) is that it IS coded 0 but runs on the PAL system rather than the American NTSC (it's all to do with number of lines on the screen etc) so if your DVD player is NTSC and deosn't support PAL then it won't run - it's a different problem to DVD regions.
Exactly.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Tilly's Prodical Son @ Aug. 04 2005,13:53)]additionally will there be a season VHS, not that I require it, but for those who are still yet to invest in DVD player (mainly the older generations)
No there won't be a VHS version.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (McScriven @ Aug. 04 2005,14:28)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Xàbia Shrimper @ Aug. 04 2005,13:21)]Scriv, can you secure a copy for me? I'll transfer the necessary wonga ...

WS
Yeah when they come in.
Cheers dude!

WS

smile.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (McScriven @ Aug. 04 2005,13:59)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Tilly's Prodical Son @ Aug. 04 2005,13:53)]additionally will there be a season VHS, not that I require it, but for those who are still yet to invest in DVD player (mainly the older generations)
No there won't be a VHS version.
Betamax?
tounge.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (McScriven @ Aug. 04 2005,13:57)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Whatever @ Aug. 04 2005,13:56)]What Scriv is trying to say (I think) is that it IS coded 0 but runs on the PAL system rather than the American NTSC (it's all to do with number of lines on the screen etc) so if your DVD player is NTSC and deosn't support PAL then it won't run - it's a different problem to DVD regions.
Exactly.
Most decent DVDs should support PAL as well as NTSC. You then just need a tv that supportrs PAL which again most decent tvs should do. Up shot is, if you've got a decent DVD and tv it should work in regions of the world that use the NTSC system such as the US.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (shrimp_on_the_wing2003 @ Aug. 04 2005,13:55)]Also will we be able to buy specific games?? Last season bought our away game from Kiddie, and thats great. Thanks
Well?? ?? ??
suspect.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (shrimp_on_the_wing2003 @ Aug. 04 2005,16:34)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (shrimp_on_the_wing2003 @ Aug. 04 2005,13:55)]Also will we be able to buy specific games?? Last season bought our away game from Kiddie, and thats great. Thanks
Well?? ?? ??  
suspect.gif
Read back towards the start of this.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (The General @ Aug. 04 2005,18:36)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (McScriven @ Aug. 04 2005,16:49)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (The General @ Aug. 04 2005,16:32)]Out in July.

Oh.
Kev, do you want a slap!
Sorry, it was "Early July" originally but .......
I'll let Kev know that all his hard work in his own time, free of charge, isn't enough for you.

Back