• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Shrewsbury don't have any cash flow problems. Last accounts had just under £1million in the bank with season ticket holders being only major creditors. Since then sold Goldson, Woods, and two other players for around £2million. Collins and Lawrence sent out of club for shall we say attitude issues and Barnett not fitting into style of play so why pay high wages to sit on the bench

Impressive stuff! cannot be many clubs in such a financial state.

Shrewsbury don't have any cash flow problems. Last accounts had just under £1million in the bank with season ticket holders being only major creditors. Since then sold Goldson, Woods, and two other players for around £2million. Collins and Lawrence sent out of club for shall we say attitude issues and Barnett not fitting into style of play so why pay high wages to sit on the bench

Impressive stuff! cannot be many clubs in such a financial state.

Yeah, well if you're that comfortably off, just give us the three points tomorrow, you wont miss them.

The level of intensity and movement against Coventry was superb. My slight worry is that when getting a break like 9 days , we struggle to perform to the same level. I appreciate we wisely got a game in against a decent Ipswich side, but its not the same thing. Also we dont seem to do so well when up against teams that have recently played more than us, or had a cup run. In the past ive thought our " rest up" up of tired limbs would work in our favour, but surprised me quite a few times when we have been over run. Brown will need to get them up for it

We had ten days off between the defeat to Millwall in the JPT and the home game against Bury in December - that didn't do us too much harm!

For those wondering about the size of our squad PB ahead of tomorrow's game

Chris Phillips@CJPhillips1982 1m1 minute agoEast, England
Brown: "I’m down to 18 players for tomorrow's game and that includes all the loan players, apart from Tyrone of course."

The reality is we pick 18 not 11 for each game and need the bench to be as strong as possible to allow 3 subs to cover positions as needed to provide fresh legs or cover injury. If we are to push to playoffs we can't afford too many weakness in depth..

So what do we reckon for tomorrow night then? Brown doesn't normally change a winning team unless he has to, so I reckon the only changes will be the enforced ones (i.e. Deegan and Barnett). My team would be as follows:

Bentley

O'Neill Bolger Barrett Thompson Hendrie

Leonard Timlin Atkinson

Payne

Hunt​

Subs: T.Smith, White, Kamara, McQueen, Worrall, Mooney, Loza

Brown said to Chris Phillips that he's down to his last 18 squad members - given that Hurst hasn't made my squad above (and that would make 19) that means one other is unavailable tomorrow night. The question is, who?

Unless those that didn't feature in the game on Saturday have a real go at us tomorrow to stake their place in the team.

I don't pretend to understand why, but I have seen so many lower league sides have a stonkingly good win in a cup competition against higher opposition and then lose their next home league game against equal opposition. I'm really hopeful that this weirdness will occur tomorrow night and we will come home with the three points. We will probably then get dicked by the cousins on Saturday, mind.

For those wondering about the size of our squad PB ahead of tomorrow's game

Chris Phillips ‏@CJPhillips1982 1m1 minute agoEast, England
Brown: "I’m down to 18 players for tomorrow's game and that includes all the loan players, apart from Tyrone of course."

The reality is we pick 18 not 11 for each game and need the bench to be as strong as possible to allow 3 subs to cover positions as needed to provide fresh legs or cover injury. If we are to push to playoffs we can't afford too many weakness in depth..

That does seem odd, who's injured? I thought we had a squad of about 23 - 24 at the moment.

That does seem odd, who's injured? I thought we had a squad of about 23 - 24 at the moment.
Not really, squad is 25 in total. Weston, Wordsworth, McLaughlin, Coker, possibly still White. Deegan suspended and Barnett not allowed to play. Leaves 18.

Brown said to Chris Phillips that he's down to his last 18 squad members - given that Hurst hasn't made my squad above (and that would make 19) that means one other is unavailable tomorrow night. The question is, who?

Just listened to the whole press conference - Brown said John White is unavailable.

Bentley

O'Neil Bolger Thompson Hendrie

McQueen Leonard Atkinson Timlin

Payne

Hunt

Yep Barrett in for me also, especially if White is still out, makes a great captain and relishes in the role

I don't pretend to understand why, but I have seen so many lower league sides have a stonkingly good win in a cup competition against higher opposition and then lose their next home league game against equal opposition. I'm really hopeful that this weirdness will occur tomorrow night and we will come home with the three points. We will probably then get dicked by the cousins on Saturday, mind.

Look at our results recently. Lose 7-1 at Chesterfield, following game win 1-0 at Cardiff, lose at home to Barnsley. Win 2-1 at League Leaders next game lose 1-0 to Oldham. Beat Sheff Wednesday 3-2 so you know Southend will win tomorrow

Look at our results recently. Lose 7-1 at Chesterfield, following game win 1-0 at Cardiff, lose at home to Barnsley. Win 2-1 at League Leaders next game lose 1-0 to Oldham. Beat Sheff Wednesday 3-2 so you know Southend will win tomorrow

Aaah bless, Basildon Shrew... you can never understand the word "consistancy" until you follow Southend! :smile:

But im grateful for your optisisim.

Stats corner ;

Shrewsbury have scored 1 goal or less in 13 of their last 20 home games, going on to win 1, draw 2 and lose 10 of these matches.

Potential attendance boost ;

Southend United game gives fans double points
Town take on Southend United this evening in the Sky Bet League 1 game at the Greenhous Meadow.

It is another important league game as Town look to take points off one of the Leagues high fying sides.

Fan's buying tickets for tonight's game will get 2 loyalty points added to their customer account when they get their tickets for the game.

With the Manchester United game in a couple of weeks loyalty points will once again be used to give priority for tickets for the big games.

Back