• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Awful news out of Cambridge today.

simplysouthend_
We are saddened to learn the passing of @cambridgeunitedfc fan Simon Dobin who was brutally attacked by Southend hooligans on March 2015 which left him permanently brain damaged, today he sadly passed away in his home.

Such sad news.

It's a shame, however, that (assuming I'm right) those convicted can't now be tried for murder.

Such sad news.

It's a shame, however, that (assuming I'm right) those convicted can't now be tried for murder.
I wondered the same. To think that childish bull**** like playing at being “football hooligans” (for a 3rd division club FFS) led to this man losing his life, his kids losing their dad and his wife losing her husband. So sad. Where do you start with it all.....☹️

Such sad news.

you can indeed have your conviction upgraded to manslaughter/murder even years later. Has happened before..

I know there was campaign to change the law but back in the day it used to be if the person lived for 1 year, or 1 year and 1 day then you could not be charged with murder.

I know there was campaign to change the law but back in the day it used to be if the person lived for 1 year, or 1 year and 1 day then you could not be charged with murder.

I'd be a little worried if I was one of those found guilty of the original assault

2 recent guilty verdicts of murder when the victim has died years after the assault, one in Leicester and another in Grays

Last edited:
I'd be a little worried if I was one of those found guilty of the original assault

2 recent guilty verdicts of murder when the victim has died years after the assault, one in Leicester and another in Grays

Link isn't working for me.

Well seeing as his delightful wife has said it was out of the blue and he was laughing and joking the day before, I would suspect Essex Police are wasting their time.

I wonder if she managed to speak to the newspaper without using the 'f' and 'c' words this time, she was very fond of their use in the courtroom.

Sorry Riggers. New technology etc. I hope this one works. The other case was in Leicester 5 years ago. I'll try and get the link.

Thanks can read them now. The argument for change was because of improved medical care, victims were now living longer.

At a guess the police might try to upgrade charges for certain individuals but not all 15. That is based on details I best not mention on here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back