• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Sky Sports...

They also have us down to finish 20th this season in their preview (2 places below Col U).

I'm surprised they've picked Bournemouth for the drop as well!

Another error is they're still under the illusion that Mitchell Cole is Joe's cousin (and not the brother of Joe's bird). He's predicted to be our "one to watch" with Freddy our Star Man.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (glasgowsufc @ Aug. 05 2005,13:27)]They also have us down to finish 20th this season in their preview (2 places below Col U).

I'm surprised they've picked Bournemouth for the drop as well!

Another error is they're still under the illusion that Mitchell Cole is Joe's cousin (and not the brother of Joe's bird).  He's predicted to be our "one to watch" with Freddy our Star Man.
Joe Cole could be s*****g his cousin, making Mitchell his cousin and his birds brother. Anything is possible in the Happy Hammers world !!
(Or ex hammers to be more precise)

Seems to be a bit of a mixed decision in the media as to whether we survive or go down, although most of them know sod all about football below the premier league. I just hope they're right about tomorrow, would be nice to open with a win.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Whatever @ Aug. 05 2005,14:44)]Seems to be a bit of a mixed decision in the media as to whether we survive or go down, although most of them know sod all about football below the premier league. I just hope they're right about tomorrow, would be nice to open with a win.
To be fair most of the pundits know sod all about football whatever the level.

Interestingly though ITV teletext backs us as the only promoted side to avoid the drop (20th). They put Swansea 23rd, Scunny 22nd and Yeovil 21st.

ummmmmmm. interesting. Reckon the pundits know what they are talking about - we were the best team last season.

biggrin.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (SUFCFARAWAY @ Aug. 05 2005,15:33)]ummmmmmm. interesting. Reckon the pundits know what they are talking about - we were the best team last season.

biggrin.gif
In Punditland, the fact that we now have a striker who they've heard of (despite being 35 & playing his last season) will probably tip their scales on us surviving, but only just!

I just hope we get a Waddle-esque gaff from somebody this season. Also if Merson or Foyle want to say "Southend won't be there or thereabouts" at the end of the season, please feel free
laugh.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (StreakyShrimper @ Aug. 05 2005,17:04)]So tomorrow is a relegation six pointer then............??
If you believe what you read in the papers, that would appear to be the case...!
tounge.gif

judging by preseason we wud probably do well if we were in the championship, and not so well if we were in the conference, therefore making league one completely unpredictable in my eyes!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Tilly's Prodical Son @ Aug. 05 2005,20:02)]judging by preseason we wud probably do well if we were in the championship, and not so well if we were in the conference, therefore making league one completely unpredictable in my eyes!
Well Forest did rubbish in the Championship but look like they'll do well now. By some crazy logic, our good form against Championship opposition will weaken our chances of survival.

Who Organised a centenary?!?

mad.gif

Couldn't we just have stayed on 99 and played rubbish teams or at least thrown the games?!

Back