• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

SoL SPORTS SPECIAL, Live from Maldon's Park Drive

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Full Time ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Maldon Town 3 Some Farmers :Southend Utd 4 Macca, Black x 2, Foran

Tannis reports the least fit player on the pitch Black was his MOTM, Foran showed how lazy a player he is and even scoring his 35 yard strike he didn't have to move much for that. Although only a preseason freindly you would have thought that there may have been some kind of urgency.

PeteJan reports that the cows had left early.Foran was shocking except for his goal and Zoltan is a great defensive headerer of the ball but needs more direction up front.

Our thanks to Tannis and PeteJan and to our studio guest Jay Shrimper.
This has been a SoL / Zone joint production.

What the hell is up with Foran? His performance at Hull still haunts me! :(

From what I can gather it was a dodgy performance tonight from a pretty much 2nd string team, I just hope that those who have played down our pre season successes will also play down this put this game in the same bracket i.e. no indication for season to come.

just got in from hockey and so i've missed it all. sounded like an exciting game and i wouldn't take too much from it. that was our 2nd string defence out there (fortunately) and lets not forget that hunt has had a knock, zoli has only just joined and is apparently well low on fitness.. che hardly played last season and we had 2 youth teamers so im not suprised we conceded a couple. when you play small teams like maldon they are well up for it and there is a danger of throwing too much into it. we have 9 pre-season friendlies which is a lot and with a squad of about 20 we need to make sure we rotate the teams and take it fairly easy to begin with. don't worry lads, i'm sure tilly is working hard with teh boys and the main thing is fitness (especially for players like zoli, paynter and foran) and so give the guys a break and lets not forget that there were barely any 'established' players on the pitch today to sort it out!

just got in from hockey and so i've missed it all. sounded like an exciting game and i wouldn't take too much from it. that was our 2nd string defence out there (fortunately) and lets not forget that hunt has had a knock, zoli has only just joined and is apparently well low on fitness.. che hardly played last season and we had 2 youth teamers so im not suprised we conceded a couple. when you play small teams like maldon they are well up for it and there is a danger of throwing too much into it. we have 9 pre-season friendlies which is a lot and with a squad of about 20 we need to make sure we rotate the teams and take it fairly easy to begin with. don't worry lads, i'm sure tilly is working hard with teh boys and the main thing is fitness (especially for players like zoli, paynter and foran) and so give the guys a break and lets not forget that there were barely any 'established' players on the pitch today to sort it out!

Excellent post JonTosh.
I think you've captured just about every key point there.

While Harrold's prolific form in the friendlies doesn't mean he's going to finish with 30 this season (hope he does!), nor does our failure to keep a clean sheet or two show that we'll again concede more than 80 this season (hope we don't!). Weaker side fielded; Barrett and Clarke rested; youth team players coming in; Maldon's players highly motivated to beat the 'big boys' in their pre-season "glamour game"; we were always going to concede one or two. And I'd argue that we learn more from conceding a couple in this type of game than keeping a clean sheet.

We should also know from every other year prior to this that these early pre-season games are about nothing more than gaining fitness and getting the boys used to playing matches again.

Great reports guys. Excellent to come on here this morning and read those.

Quick summing up, Black class act and will score goals and create a damn site more than JCR. Macdonald, very industrious, holds it up well and always looking to pounce, Bailey, nutter not as good as what we have let go and the tall new defender reminds me of Morley, good in parts and terrible in others, not great in the air either. Finally if Flavs had of got beaten for the 3rd you would all have been calling for Collis, better than Bart and a decent no.2 but forget the first team call up!

Quick summing up, Black class act and will score goals and create a damn site more than JCR. Macdonald, very industrious, holds it up well and always looking to pounce, Bailey, nutter not as good as what we have let go and the tall new defender reminds me of Morley, good in parts and terrible in others, not great in the air either. Finally if Flavs had of got beaten for the 3rd you would all have been calling for Collis, better than Bart and a decent no.2 but forget the first team call up!

Agree Black was class
Zoltan looked awful. Everytime he got the ball you were worried, didn't look confident at all. But there was an obvious language barrier, the ref had to call him over about 8 times before booking him. Hopefully with time he'll settle and come good.
Ademeno looked calm and confident on the ball, but played very deep.

The weather is slight drizzle, no wind. We are playing in red and the team is as follows:-

Collis, Maher, Liptak, Ademeno, McDonald, Che, Hunt, Foran, Macca, Bailey and a youthy at right back.

Interesting formation, what do you think?

What game where you at???

Poor Tommy Black, being called Maher!!

Dont give a toss if we win 8-3 now. The problems are more than evident.

Its preseason, which is all about fitness, not scorelines, I think you are going way over the top, especially as we fielded 1 players, of which 6 wont get near the 1st team next season :thump:

Back