• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Southampton in the Cup !

I think Corbett is being drafted in to play this one. According to the official site its a 'plump' draw and not a plum one.
biggrin.gif

Cracking draw - I'd totally forgotten about the Carling Cup so this was a very a nice surprise
smile.gif

Superb draw
biggrin.gif

Looks like the start of another bumper year for the coffers! Perhaps the bank manager might start returning Ron's calls soon... maybe he'll even be allowed a chequebook again.
biggrin.gif
oops.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (C C Csiders @ June 28 2005,10:11)]The best draw possible I think, and a major early test for Sir Clive.
biggrin.gif
Oooh, good point. Staying on the Sir Clive theme, d'you reckon we might get Beno and Barrett to do to Dennis Wise what the All Blacks did to Brian O'Driscoll?
laugh.gif

I agree with Flavs on this one. I'm absolutely delighted with the draw, but of course a little disappointed it's not at St Mary's. I've never been able to walk all the way from home to a Southend game before!!!
biggrin.gif

Anyone know if there are replays in the first round? I've got a feeling they've got rid of them totally in every round of the Carling Cup, haven't they?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Southampton Shrimper @ June 28 2005,11:29)]Anyone know if there are replays in the first round? I've got a feeling they've got rid of them totally in every round of the Carling Cup, haven't they?
All CC matches are now settled on the night, so it's ET & then penalties if required, so you're out of luck, sorry!

Cracking draw. Easily the best tie of the round. Looking forward to seeing Southend take on Southampton at Roots Hall, albeit live on Sky because my mother booked a holiday during the football season
mad.gif

She never learns
tounge.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (glasgowsufc @ June 28 2005,11:58)]All CC matches are now settled on the night, so it's ET & then penalties if required, so you're out of luck, sorry!
Oh well, never mind!

Still, I'll enjoy waving my scarf at all the Saints fans up and down the M3!

And I'll have to wear my Betterview home shirt all that weekend everywhere I go!

At least I can look forward to us playing them in the league in a year's time!!

smile.gif

Just out of interest, how many saints fans do you think will make the trip to The Hall?...

Do they travel well?.

They should bring a 1000 Surely?!!...

rock.gif

Funnily enough, I came across the programme the other night from when we last played Southampton at Roots Hall.

Lunchtime quiz question - When was the match and why was it played?

Yes, they do usually have very good away support. They could easily bring more than 1000, but of course there is the fact that it's on a Monday night and live on the telly...

Although having said that, they will be used to having had the odd Monday Night Football game...

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Shrimpergarry @ June 28 2005,12:35)]Funnily enough, I came across the programme the other night from when we last played Southampton at Roots Hall.

It was a friendly game in about 1993 or 94? I can't remember why it was played - did they want a workout before some big game or something??? - but I do remember standing in the North Paddock and taking the michael out of Alan Ball!!

biggrin.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Shrimpergarry @ June 28 2005,12:35)]Funnily enough, I came across the programme the other night from when we last played Southampton at Roots Hall.

It was played mid-season, when, I would guess both of us were knocked out of the FA Cup 3rd round.

At a guess I would say either 92/93 or 93/94

I think there was a Trophy awarded at the end sponsored, I think, by one of the Director's companies. Can't remember which one.

arse, was quite chuffed about only missing Huddersfield during my holiday but I will miss this one, bugger.

I'm missing Swindon (away), Tranmere (home) and Rotherham (away) when I go on my hols... I'm pretty pleased with that!

biggrin.gif

Back