• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Southampton in the Cup !

Made good viewing though
tounge.gif

Southend is a bit of a dump to be honest, but its our dump. Luckily we have good a decent football team of decent players' that want to play for the Club. We have a fantastic management duo who both have ties to the Club, and at present, can do no wrong. We have RM who backs these guys to the hill tops and provides the financial backing when its required. Yes Southend is a dump but its home to OUR football team and we should be proud to be connect to Southend United.

Today's Southern Daily Echo described the tie as a "potential banana skin".

I think people are a little bit worried down here, as they are stepping into the unknown and don't really know how they're going to cope. There's still talk of Crouch and Phillips leaving for Premier$hite clubs, and the only signings made so far, also spread all over today's back pages - Dennis Wise and Dave Bassett on the coaching staff!!

If they start the season a little shakily and we can go in full of confidence, I reckon we can beat them!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Tilly's Prodical Son @ June 28 2005,18:07)]From one Saints fan "southend is a $%&*hole, watched one of them fly on the wall police thingys a while back and the OB were in southend.... chavtastic, fights everywhere and one women laying into her partner, he just let her hit him and when she got no reaction from him.... she bit his EAR off?".
Truth hurts?

WS

suspect.gif

I think we can definately turn them over. If we can keep Crouch quiet, which hopefully Spinner will be able to do, then we have a chance. They are only 1 division above us after all. I mean, even Col Ewe nearly beat them at their place last year. I don't see anything we should be afraid of
cool.gif

Changed to Monday! Yipee....Artic Monkeys are playing Chinnerys on the Tuesday (see thread in The Pub) and I was having a serious dilemma about whether I would go to the match or the gig (have to say, the gig was winning). Won't have to make that choice now!

tounge.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Ron Manager @ June 28 2005,22:41)]Changed to Monday! Yipee....Artic Monkeys are playing Chinnerys on the Tuesday (see thread in The Pub) and I was having a serious dilemma about whether I would go to the match or the gig (have to say, the gig was winning). Won't have to make that choice now!

tounge.gif
bloody fairweather fan
wink.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Ron Manager @ June 28 2005,22:41)]Changed to Monday! Yipee....Artic Monkeys are playing Chinnerys on the Tuesday (see thread in The Pub) and I was having a serious dilemma about whether I would go to the match or the gig (have to say, the gig was winning). Won't have to make that choice now!

tounge.gif
Good spot.

cool.gif

It's a shame I didn't realise about Harry Bassett joining Southampton- I bumped into him on Monday night at Cannock services. I could have asked him what he thought of the draw.

Well Phillips is currently having a medical at Aston Villa, one less player to worry about, although I never rated him.

I think you're in trouble. We've got Harry bulldog with his bulldogs and his bulldog tie and his bulldog spirit. Silly as a bunch of lights he is.

gallery5.jpg

Back