• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Southend to play West Ham - Tuesday August 3rd

We are 3 leagues below West Ham so to them we are a little club, and their fans have every right to think that and as far as im concerned as long as they dont want a fight can sit wherever they like. We play many pre season matches over the years with clubs 3 leagues or less below us in the football structure. I have been to many of these matches and sat wherever ive like (or mostly stood) and ive heard many of our fans giving it the Billy big balls to their fans and taking the p**s. So what is the difference.

I have been to many games with lower level clubs, I, nor have I heard any other Southend fan, take the p**s out of the opposition, the only time I beleive you can sit where you want is with non league clubs, Every league club will separate fans. Would you feel the same if col U came to play and you found yourself sitting next to one of their fans, wearing their colours singing their song, I think not, and west ham is no differant to this.

This is exactly how I feel, even at eastbourne yesterday there were people wearing west ham shirts, I don't understand, why wear their shirt when watching southend, I get REALLY angry about this, fine if you feel the need to support 2 or more teams, (though why you would do this is beyond me) but please don't wear their colours, or here's a novel idea why not go and watch west ham play :madman:
I still wouldn't go, whatever promises were made, because I know as soon as west ham scored they'd all be jumping up clapping and singing. I wouldn't be able to keep my mouth shut.

Absolutely agree with this Lavender.
I went to see Southend at Oxford a few seasons back and had an argument with a Southend fan wearing a spam shirt. I told him to come as a Southend fan, or not at all. We don't want any other teams colours in our ranks.

I have been to many games with lower level clubs, I, nor have I heard any other Southend fan, take the p**s out of the opposition, the only time I beleive you can sit where you want is with non league clubs, Every league club will separate fans. Would you feel the same if col U came to play and you found yourself sitting next to one of their fans, wearing their colours singing their song, I think not, and west ham is no differant to this.

Yes true yestoday at Eastbourne, boy in a Wet Spam shirt and a boy in Man United shirt!
****** me off!

How good that feel, if Robert Green make a mistake like he did agasint USA and let a Spencer shot slip under his body into the goal to set up a Southend win :p I will still go and personality, I hope we get over 8k no matter who they support, we need their money, we would get 60k or more if we get a good gate.

Get down there get your seats in the west stand and get the songs going after all we are at home and this is what we normally do at any other home game!

Hello there everyone , I have been monitoring these boards for years now and have finally decided to sign up and post , and as a student I remember my first Southend game many years ago with my father and it frustrates me when I see people wearing opposition rivals team colour's around Roots Hall in the home section , I would love to think that these fans will one day feel the true feeling of being a Southend supporter , yes it has its ups and downs but it sure is an enjoyable experience... Hopefully our away kit this year will return to the mighty yellow again rather than a West Spam claret ;)

Hello there everyone , I have been monitoring these boards for years now and have finally decided to sign up and post , and as a student I remember my first Southend game many years ago with my father and it frustrates me when I see people wearing opposition rivals team colour's around Roots Hall in the home section , I would love to think that these fans will one day feel the true feeling of being a Southend supporter , yes it has its ups and downs but it sure is an enjoyable experience... Hopefully our away kit this year will return to the mighty yellow again rather than a West Spam claret ;)

Welcome aboard Jarbie. My opinion on people who turn up wearing premier league shirts, is that they believe they are superior to us humble Blues fans because they follow a better team with more gifted players. In reality they are pathetic intividuals. It would be interesting if any of these people responded and put their case as to why they do this. As for an enjoyable experience, well we've certainly had a few of those over the decades. These are more memorable than the many occasions of having returned from watching an abysmal performance, which have resulted in sleepness nights and having the hump for a day or two!. Hope your going to the West Ham game and getting behind our new team with plenty of vocal encouragement?.

I guess despite buying a season ticket despite knowing full-well I will miss over half the games, not going to this friendly would make me a 'so called fan'. So be it, then. I don't need your approval.

So why buy a season ticket?. It would be much cheaper for you to pay on a game to game basis?.

So why buy a season ticket?. It would be much cheaper for you to pay on a game to game basis?.

I go with my Dad, he gets to all the home games, and I want my seat guarenteed with him, plus he gets to use my ticket to bring a mate when I can't go so that he doesn't go alone. You're right it'd be cheaper but ticket priority for away/cup games, a guarenteed seat etc makes it worthwhile for me. Anyway, this is off-topic.

Welcome aboard Jarbie. My opinion on people who turn up wearing premier league shirts, is that they believe they are superior to us humble Blues fans because they follow a better team with more gifted players. In reality they are pathetic intividuals. It would be interesting if any of these people responded and put their case as to why they do this. As for an enjoyable experience, well we've certainly had a few of those over the decades. These are more memorable than the many occasions of having returned from watching an abysmal performance, which have resulted in sleepness nights and having the hump for a day or two!. Hope your going to the West Ham game and getting behind our new team with plenty of vocal encouragement?.

I love this little story posted on the Tilson Tribute page on Facebook:

"Dave Marrable Hi All just though I would share this tribute from a business partner of mine, Matt Lorenzo the TV presenter.
I’m not a Southend fan but I felt like one on a January afternoon in 2009. The Division One side had pulled off a one-one draw at fortress Stamford Bridge in the third round of the FA Cup, humbling Chelsea’s millionaires in the process.
Watching my Shrimper mates going berserk that night – and for days afterwards – I was a tad envious of the sort of elation a West Ham fan hasn’t matched in decades.
The architect of that fantastic day was Steve Tilson. Add to that back to back promotions as player and manager and it’s not a bad record.
Obviously not good enough for the brains of the boardroom but good enough for me – the sack is a clueless reward for this sort of loyalty, commitment and integrity. Steve Tilson was a great manager for Southend. He’ll prove he’s a great manager somewhere else somewhere soon. And I hope he gets the backing he deserves."

Well I thought I might mosey along. But
- I’m not at an office where I can spend 30 minutes on the phone waiting to get down from no. 19 in the queue (tried several times this morning) and
- I do have a online ticketing account, but obviously that doesn’t work (shock horror) and
- I’m in London today & Chelmsford tomorrow until about 6.30pm so don’t really have the time (or the inclination) to get over & queue up with the 5,000 Hamsters.

So the club will have to miss out on my £10. Why they advertise that online system I don’t really know.

I really cant see what all the fuss is about!!!!!!

it's a 'freindly' game after all, I be watching the game with my west ham mates have a few beers and just enjoy the game.

Dont get me wrong if it was a cup game I wouldnt want to be near my mates!

- I’m not at an office where I can spend 30 minutes on the phone waiting to get down from no. 19 in the queue (tried several times this morning) and
- I do have a online ticketing account, but obviously that doesn’t work (shock horror) and
- I’m in London today & Chelmsford tomorrow until about 6.30pm so don’t really have the time (or the inclination) to get over & queue up with the 5,000 Hamsters.

So the club will have to miss out on my £10. Why they advertise that online system I don’t really know.

Was the on-hold message also telling you that you could purchase your tickets on-line (despite the fact that you clearly can't) and offering you information about tickets for the last game of last season by any chance?

Was the on-hold message also telling you that you could purchase your tickets on-line (despite the fact that you clearly can't) and offering you information about tickets for the last game of last season by any chance?
Oh yes indeed. Well partly.

Obviously the online bollox is there but it was actually offering to sell me tickets to "back the boys in their next home match against Millwall on Tuesday 3rd March".

Doesn't say what year though?

Was on the phone several times this morning started at no 20 then down to 12 and then got cut off

started again started at 12 got down and finally through after 30 minutes, but is not about time they
changed the messages you listen to why on hold epsically buying tickets for our home game with millwall on the 3rd march, and get your child for a mascot for 08/09 season

Back