• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

The word is uninterested....

Just because a number of supporters agree with you doesn't make you right. In fact, with our history of having a favourite player to slaughter, and looking at how well many of them subsequently do at different clubs, having some fans on your side proves nothing except that at Roots Hall some things never change.

you could argue that he feels disinterested , if his contract is with Charlton and they are paying all of his wages, but thats shaky and not what was being alluded to

the game was ruined for me by the re-emergence of the Rootx Hall hate mob picking on Piggot ....

there is something really sickening about it

I was castigated earlier on Twitter for daring to suggest that Joe Pigott looked disinterested, lazy and largely anonymous for the majority of his 60 minutes - I'm glad I'm not the only supporter who would send him back to Charlton.

sheep are everywhere .....

they had this at Arsenal with ozil Mezul - then prozone stats showed he did more yards/metre than anyone else

It is interesting reading what people are saying about Pigott and Mooney. I thought both of them found it difficult to get in the game in the first half as the service was pretty poor so I didn't blame either of them. I think Hunt coming on changed the game and gave Mooney a chance to get involved, which obviously Pigott didn't have as he'd been subbed. Taking Pigott off was in my opinion the correct call by Brown but I don't think things are as black and white as some make them out on here to be.

If I hadn't had been at the game I would have thought from some of the marks and comments that we had played really well, which is far from the truth. The first half was mediocre and it was only after Hunt came on that we looked capable of a win.

Nonsense. Looking at the scunny forums they've had enough of Robins so he's looking for an excuse.

I couldn't care what a manager of another club thinks. At the end of the day we got the points and they are in the relegation zone.

Piggot went straight down the tunnel after being subbed, v poor attitude..........had a terrible game and should have been subbed earlier............great win after a shocker of a start ..........their high pressing game threw us completely.......luckily Scunthorpe didn't have the energy to continue the pressing and we came good as the game went on

This wasn't a great game to watch from the stands, however I believe that re-watching it on video may be interesting to PB (and some of the haters on here) as it would offer clues as to why we splutttered and at times lost shape and any semblance of a midfield AND alos how/why at times we looked good and came up with two goals from passing open play; the first, the Tim's one was from closing down fast, breaking fast (AND involved Joe P at a significant early stage). The 2nd was also about moving forward fast - Ben Coker was, obviously, the prime guy in that (majored in goal 1 too) and he gets my M of M vote.
IMO NONE of our lads failed to put a shift in despite the running often being to no tangible result AND to harangue the point once more those that are on the backs of OUR players aren't true supporters and ought to consider their motives for needing to hate someone to castigate - whatever team we put out they seem to need to have some player to slate.
I am not doing ratings,all get 7s except the M of M Cokes who gets an 8.
seem to need to have someone to slate.

Piggot went straight down the tunnel after being subbed, v poor attitude..........had a terrible game and should have been subbed earlier............great win after a shocker of a start ..........their high pressing game threw us completely.......luckily Scunthorpe didn't have the energy to continue the pressing and we came good as the game went on
He came back very quickly; and he did mutter something to the dug out before he went down the tunnel- maybe you are reading to much into it being a hot day and drinking fluids? certainly he wasn't happy BUT not many inside The Hall were happy at that stage. If he had been smiling he would be spoken off as being uncaring so the lad can't "win" can he?

Interesting isn't it, that today Ben Coker dared to criticise sections of the home support? I make him spot on, it's embarrassing sometimes. While Pigott is here, he is still our player and deserving of our support.

As it goes, I said several months back we should have looked at taking Marvin Sordell and Callum Harriott from Charlton, looks like they're working wonders at Colchester now.

Correct OBL they are both very good players as is Garvan who you had pre season as well, now we have a few decent experienced players to supplement the youngsters we are playing very well. Looking forward to Boxing day it should be a great game, I hope you have some quick defenders!

First of all, I'm going to start with a bit of a rant - why do we insists on leaving one full-back on his own - Coker struggled big time before Worrall came over to the left.

Bentley 6 - Made one excellent save, but he has to think about who he's throwing the ball to. Too many times it went to someone with no options, which resulted in them having to quickly control it, then just whack it anywhere. Far better for Bentley just to hit it upfield if there are no short options.
O'Neill 6 - Was looking forward to seeing him, after the reports from Millwall, but was disappointed. On that display, I think White is a better player
Bolger 7 - Defended well and still seems to beat everyone in the air
Prosser 7 - Good game and pleased for him and maybe he'll get a bit of a run
Coker 8 MOM - Poor until he was given support (I have to add that being poor wasn't his fault!!) which helped make both goals
Leonard 7 - Played well, without really shining, but I feel he's been doing this all season, so can't understand the criticism
he gets
Deegan 7.5 - I think he struggles when he comes up against quick midfielders, but when he doesn't can do the job he did today. Stupid yellow card though
Timlin 7 - Not sure if his job initially was to support both left and middle, but never hardly went left; looked much better when his job was to stay in the middle once Worrall went left
Worrall 7 - Not his best game, but links so well with Coker and must stay out on the left
Pigott 6 - I really think this guy is getting an unfair hard time from some fans. To me he did work hard and certainly looked interested. Even helped link up for the first goal if I'm correct. For those complaining that he was upset when taking off, I should hope so, as it means he wants to play. Be more disappointed if he was happy about it!!
Mooney 6 - Works hard as well, but needs to be more composed when in 1 on 1 positions

Subs
Hunt 7 - Still not sure how we convinced this guy to sign (must be the 8K a week we are paying him :winking:) but is by far out best player on the ball
Weston and Rea - Not really on long enough to rate

So our subs should smile, sing and skip when they are taken off should they?

Correct OBL they are both very good players as is Garvan who you had pre season as well, now we have a few decent experienced players to supplement the youngsters we are playing very well. Looking forward to Boxing day it should be a great game, I hope you have some quick defenders!

Oi, Colchester and proud - Stop with all the upbeat optimistic posts will ya. We won yesterday, so we're in no mood to be pleased about your side or results, nor for that matter anything at all recently it seems.

I'm so looking forward to playing you lot, we might be very happy if we beat you, you never know.:unsure:

Interesting isn't it, that today Ben Coker dared to criticise sections of the home support? I make him spot on, it's embarrassing sometimes. While Pigott is here, he is still our player and deserving of our support.

As it goes, I said several months back we should have looked at taking Marvin Sordell and Callum Harriott from Charlton, looks like they're working wonders at Colchester now.
Where has Coker done that?

Piggot went straight down the tunnel after being subbed, v poor attitude..........had a terrible game and should have been subbed earlier
And was back and sitting on the bench, following the game within 2 minutes. Give him a break! We sit dead opposite and could see him clearly.
Lol, well, you know two of them very well so should know how quick they are or aren't! Am gutted that you got those two as we've been watching them at Charlton a lot in the last few seasons and couldn't believe Luzon wasn't interested.

Oi, Colchester and proud - Stop with all the upbeat optimistic posts will ya. We won yesterday, so we're in no mood to be pleased about your side or results, nor for that matter anything at all recently it seems.

I'm so looking forward to playing you lot, we might be very happy if we beat you, you never know.:unsure:

Ha ha don't worry the optimism probably won't last for long mate, this stage of the season most football boards are either saying their team will get promoted after a couple of wins or relegated after two defeats!

First of all, I'm going to start with a bit of a rant - why do we insists on leaving one full-back on his own - Coker struggled big time before Worrall came over to the left.

Bentley 6 - Made one excellent save, but he has to think about who he's throwing the ball to. Too many times it went to someone with no options, which resulted in them having to quickly control it, then just whack it anywhere. Far better for Bentley just to hit it upfield if there are no short options.
O'Neill 6 - Was looking forward to seeing him, after the reports from Millwall, but was disappointed. On that display, I think White is a better player
Bolger 7 - Defended well and still seems to beat everyone in the air
Prosser 7 - Good game and pleased for him and maybe he'll get a bit of a run
Coker 8 MOM - Poor until he was given support (I have to add that being poor wasn't his fault!!) which helped make both goals
Leonard 7 - Played well, without really shining, but I feel he's been doing this all season, so can't understand the criticism
he gets
Deegan 7.5 - I think he struggles when he comes up against quick midfielders, but when he doesn't can do the job he did today. Stupid yellow card though
Timlin 7 - Not sure if his job initially was to support both left and middle, but never hardly went left; looked much better when his job was to stay in the middle once Worrall went left
Worrall 7 - Not his best game, but links so well with Coker and must stay out on the left
Pigott 6 - I really think this guy is getting an unfair hard time from some fans. To me he did work hard and certainly looked interested. Even helped link up for the first goal if I'm correct. For those complaining that he was upset when taking off, I should hope so, as it means he wants to play. Be more disappointed if he was happy about it!!
Mooney 6 - Works hard as well, but needs to be more composed when in 1 on 1 positions

Subs
Hunt 7 - Still not sure how we convinced this guy to sign (must be the 8K a week we are paying him :winking:) but is by far out best player on the ball
Weston and Rea - Not really on long enough to rate

It wasn't a stupid yellow card at all. As has been pointed out already, the foul was on their number 10, who was getting more and more infuential and would have caused us more problems. Deegan effectively took one for the team with that crunching tackle that knocked the 10 so much that he was out of the game after that and posed no problems

And was back and sitting on the bench, following the game within 2 minutes. Give him a break! We sit dead opposite and could see him clearly.

Lol, well, you know two of them very well so should know how quick they are or aren't! Am gutted that you got those two as we've been watching them at Charlton a lot in the last few seasons and couldn't believe Luzon wasn't interested.

John White will have to be on his guard if he plays, not that quick but he normally makes up for that with his positional play and tackling, Coker a bit quicker but more an attacking midfielder than a defender and used to struggle on the tackling front!

It wasn't a stupid yellow card at all. As has been pointed out already, the foul was on their number 10, who was getting more and more infuential and would have caused us more problems. Deegan effectively took one for the team with that crunching tackle that knocked the 10 so much that he was out of the game after that and posed no problems

Agreed. I've been critical of Deegan in the past, and him and Timlin got in each other's way a lot in the 1st half yesterday (I think that was more to Timlin trying to do everything as captain) but that was a crucial tackle and he'd probably have known it was a booking as he went in.

John White will have to be on his guard if he plays, not that quick but he normally makes up for that with his positional play and tackling, Coker a bit quicker but more an attacking midfielder than a defender and used to struggle on the tackling front!

Think you will see an improvement in Coker, he didn't get in the L2 team of the year last year purely based on his attacking!

I will always support whoever has been selected to play for us on any given day.
Yes I may moan a bit if something goes wrong ( a bit odd if you don't really ) , but will never understand the systematic targeting of players right from the start - what is the benefit ?
Pigott did not play well , but I'm sure he tried his best and I also think there is a decent player somewhere.
His worst contribution has not been mentioned on here yet - his horrendous back pass to MAdden in the first half who hit the post - awful control.
Anyway , give the guy a chance and let's hope he comes good.

i won't give marks , but just a few observations.
i was waiting for ONeil to come in and show me what an upgrade he is on JW - not on yesterday's performance I'm afraid.
Prosser once again performed very well - please doubters admit you maybe wrong and the guy rarely lets us down.
Hunt - class.
DEegan and Coker - played very well.
Moody - likewise.
Timlin - he scored , but that does not automatically mean he played well.

Good result , but I'm sure there are tougher challenges ahead.

Back