• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Cricko

Zone Owner⭐⭐
Staff member
All match reports, discussions and ratings here please.

Bollocks, that is all.

Give Burton their due, they treated attack as the best form of defence following their second goal and didn't give us a chance to build pressure until additional time. (I would have put Murphy on for Straker). With six minutes of additional time we should have scored, and came so close. I thought Leonard would nail that chance...... he had a great game, as did Straker and Sokolik. Hurst was a tad disappointing.

Another season in League 2. We'll be lucky to keep this team together, and we SO need a decent striker....

At the start of the second we was all over them and we did what we always do. We went flat and let them back into it. Not sure Phil Brown will still be here next season, if a bigger job comes his way, he will be gone.

God doesn't like us, whoever he is or supports.
Two ricochets: two crucial Burton goals, although they bottled Barry pretty well. We CAN NOT rely on him next season. We need a new Britt on loan, or whatever.

apsolute disgrace . clueless. i hate this league nd we need to consider options nxt season

Why was their number 7 not booked for the trip on Leonard ??? He should have been off !!!

We all hurt badly today, let's brush ourselves down , have a few weeks off and get out of this league by right next season. Play offs no good for the old heart. COYBB

Oh well. Last 20 mins of the first half were cracking. I'm not knocking PB at all with this comment because I can understand the reason but the substitution of Timlin was, for me, a turning point in the game. After their goal we were flat for almost 20 mins. Leonard was close I suppose. It's been an up and down season. Central defence and yes I agree a striker for me if the nucleus of the rest of the team stays. Freddy can stay as a sub. He's still got something left but we need something a little more than that which is definitely not Barnard.

Fair play to Straker, I thought he was excellent today and not just the goal. Burton did one over 2 games on Corr though I thought he played ok today in his usual way apart from where it mattered most. Can't fault the effort

I don't think we'll have either of the two CBs but Prosser before injury plus one fills that. If we can keep most of the midfield and get a striker and hold on to our keeper I'm more than hopeful for next season.

Disappointing to lose the game in the manner we did to be honest. The referee, particularly considering how ridiculously fussy he was during the game, has got to give a free kick to us for the foul just before the third goal.

Looking ahead to next season, we have got the makings of a good side but we have been let down by not having a striker who can create something and score us a few goals. I would be more concerned about Leonard leaving than Bentley to be honest. It isn't particularly difficult to pick up decent keepers in the summer and if we get a fair bit of money for him, may mean we can invest in a striker. Hopefully we can hang on to at least one of the two centre halves (ideally both) with Prosser as back up

I think Brown will still be here next season and if he makes the right signings, I think we will do well hopefully.

Bentley - 7
White - 6.5
Sokolik - 7
Egan - 7 (referee didn't like him for some reason. he made three excellent tackles in the first half and they were flagged as fouls)
Coker - 6.5
Hurst - 6
Leonard - 7.5
Timlin - 7
Straker - 7
Atkinson - 6.5
Corr - 7

QUOTE=MisterStubbs;1632755]Best team lost, that Burton lot are horrible. I hope Fleetwood batter them and their time wasting tactics.[/QUOTE]

Yes the best footballing team lost. The problem was that Key made a difference to the game which neither Eastwood , Clifford or Payne could match.
Commercially, around Wembley on the 26th, it's going to be like an ordinary day............the echo in the nearly empty stadium will be deafening. Whoever wins will find it tough next season in League One. If it's Fleetwood they may last a bit longer, with their finance.............if it's Burton ..........enjoy your season playing with the big boys, more than likely be down again in 2015/6. Neither of those clubs can exist at a higher level with their base of support.
As for us, I fear that next season's side may look VERY different from the one we saw today. It's going to be very difficult for PB to keep any of his present loanees or indeed his better players at the club. I wonder how PB will fancy starting again from scratch?
In the end, when the inquests begin, many, including myself, will point to February and March, when so many points were lost and no loanees were brought in............until it was too late for automatic promotion. Cruelly ironic that the scores were identical to our play-offs against Crewe...........and even crueller that Burton weren't a shadow of that Crewe side.

The pitch invasion at the end was an embarassment. Why would you want to stand there and watch the opposition celebrate? Stupid little teenagers who wanna act hard and be on SKY TV who probably go to 3 games a season. Let Burton have their moment.

Sickened.

Team did all they could, did great to get back to 2-2 and unlucky at the end.

Cant be bothered to dissect it any more than that.

This is harder to take than the Crewe loss because we were genuinely out played by a FOOTBALLING team. This is is going to e harder to take after being the better team. But I could see it being 2-2 again after we lost the first leg. But we will have to dust ourselves down and go again next year. I'm more confident because we actually have key players signing contracts so we will have the main base of our good team this year.

It hasn't happened this year but it will do very soon!

UTB

Over the two games we should have had enough to get past Burton.

Their tactics worked and we rushed into mistake after mistake. We needed a bit of luck in the box but all the ricochets didn't fall for us. Also I said last time we had to stop giving away silly free kicks but we didn't learn from last Sunday. I would have liked to see us run at them more, make them make mistakes, but not to be.

Bringing back Barnard didn't work and it would have been nice to have the option of say a Loza to come on with 25 mins to go.

Next season we need more firepower and to keep our better players (including loanees). If Bentley does go let's hope we use the money well.

Whatever it's another season in league 2 which we don't belong but can't escape from.

Back