• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Loza wasn't a named sub, he was reportedly injured.
He was at the game as he was on his mobile straight after by his new BMW bling car with personal plates.
I thought he should have been in the dressing room, club area with his team mates at least so maybe he isn't as mature or professional as he ought to be.

He failed the concussion assessment and so was unavailable and not part of the match day squad. Suggesting then he is immature and unprofessional because he went out and made a phone call whilst standing next to his 3 Series BMW is somewhat harsh..

quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by Massimo Giovanni
And this is only page 3 following a 3 nil derby win and the "handbags" thread is what, page 10? Sad, very sad.
thumbsdown%20smilie%20new%20aug.gif

quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by Tommy2holes

Agreed. It's a poor

Agree with this, a shame a few individuals stupidity has overshadowed a great win.

For what it's worth bar the last 10 mins we weren't great, I'll give Phil some credit for throwing Wordsworth on so early, he certainly made a difference and always looks a threat going forwards.

Fantastic to see Adam score too, especially after the constant stick the Col U fans gave him. Huge credit to Phil a Brown for turning things around so successfully after the 3 heavy defeats, 10 points from 12 is fantastic, here's hoping we can maintain the form and possibly secure a play off place :loyalsupporter:.

Indeed, but we don't have to spend 10 pages on it and 4 times the number of pages regarding the actual game. Unfortunately given the choice on jumping on the good or the bad the latter seems to win 4x over..

https://youtu.be/wwe4SxVfY2k

This is from an inbred. Not too sure what he is on about. It must be a joke. It did make me laugh.

Blimey, he sounds like he's about 10 years old.

Not a bad video, but he missed the bit right at the end where he was about to say "...Sorry, I've got to go as my mum is calling me down for my Weetabix and dad's promised to take me out on my bike afterwards"

What a win! It's hard to dissect a derby match because they are always going to be a tense affair. The red card probably turned the game into a more boring spectacle to be honest but the card did contribute to them getting tired and ultimately lead to our first goal. Although through a lot of the match we looked a bit inept of ideas offensively, I never really felt we were going to concede. I thought we defended set pieces rather well and dominated aerial battles from start to finish. I know a few will say Kamara looked a little nervous and shaky but talk about being thrown into the deep end. However despite a few nerves I thought he really instigated our offensive play being sharper and quicker around the box, something we lacked. Big shout out to the team for not sitting back after the goal and getting the 2nd and 3rd.

A very happy shrimper today!

https://youtu.be/wwe4SxVfY2k

This is from an inbred. Not too sure what he is on about. It must be a joke. It did make me laugh.

To be fair he sounds about 12, still very funny though, 'good tackle from Gilbey' :hilarious:

Anyway I thought I'd finally get round to giving some ratings.

Bentley 7 - Rarely tested other than the cross shot that hit the bar, his handling and kicking was spot on.
O'Neill 8 MOM - Very good defensively, he looks to have improved this part of his game recently and made a couple of excellent crunching tackles. Also got forward well too and was the only player to give us any real width, at least until Worrall came on.
Bolger 7 - Good in the air and kept things simple when in possession.
Barrett 7 - Looked a little shaky at times first half and was doing a fair bit of his trademark 'hugging', luckily the ref either didn't notice or decided to let him get away with it. He improved as the game progressed and fantastic to see him score and celebrate wildly, 'there's only one Adam Barrett' :happy:
Thompson 6 - Played a bit too much safety first stuff for my liking, hoofing into row z is appropriate at times but he seemed to do this even when under minimal pressure at times.
Hendrie 6 - Did his job defensively but failed to get forward as much as in previous games.
Leonard 6 - Was doing a reasonable job in the holding role until Gilbey's cynical tackle. I hope he's not out for too long.
Atkinson 7 - Typical 'Duracell bunny' performance, really got into the Col U players faces and gave them no time on the ball.
Payne 6 - First half he was very wasteful in position and gave the ball away prior to the move where Col U hit the bar. Second half he improved and had a hand in two of the goals.
McQueen 7 - For the most part I was impressed, he wasn't afraid to run with the ball and take his man on. Just needs to work on his finishing as he shot over twice when well placed.
Barnett 6 - Won plenty of headers and looks a good fit in the lone striker role, much better than Mooney or Hunt are anyway. Nothing really came off for him in front of goal though and missed a sitter at 1-0.

Subs: Kamara 7 - Decent debut, looked composed on the ball and kept things simple.
Wordsworth 7 - A surprise to see him back and he certainly made an impact, took his chance well to open the scoring.
Worrall 7 - Gave us some much needed width in the left and looks to have some fire back in his belly, much improved on his last couple of appearances.

Finally credit to Phil Brown for utilising his subs effectively today, it wasn't a vintage performance by any means but the last ten minutes more than made up for the previous 80.

He failed the concussion assessment and so was unavailable and not part of the match day squad. Suggesting then he is immature and unprofessional because Loza went out and made a phone call whilst standing next to his car is somewhat harsh..

Probably just checking with his bookie to see how much he had made from betting on a Southend win ......:whistling:

To be fair he sounds about 12, still very funny though, 'good tackle from Gilbey' :hilarious:

Anyway I thought I'd finally get round to giving some ratings.

Bentley 7 - Rarely tested other than the cross shot that hit the bar, his handling and kicking was spot on.
O'Neill 8 MOM - Very good defensively, he looks to have improved this part of his game recently and made a couple of excellent crunching tackles. Also got forward well too and was the only player to give us any real width, at least until Worrall came on.
Bolger 7 - Good in the air and kept things simple when in possession.
Barrett 7 - Looked a little shaky at times first half and was doing a fair bit of his trademark 'hugging', luckily the ref either didn't notice or decided to let him get away with it. He improved as the game progressed and fantastic to see him score and celebrate wildly, 'there's only one Adam Barrett' :happy:
Thompson 6 - Played a bit too much safety first stuff for my liking, hoofing into row z is appropriate at times but he seemed to do this even when under minimal pressure at times.
Hendrie 6 - Did his job defensively but failed to get forward as much as in previous games.
Leonard 6 - Was doing a reasonable job in the holding role until Gilbey's cynical tackle. I hope he's not out for too long.
Atkinson 7 - Typical 'Duracell bunny' performance, really got into the Col U players faces and gave them no time on the ball.
Payne 6 - First half he was very wasteful in position and gave the ball away prior to the move where Col U hit the bar. Second half he improved and had a hand in two of the goals.
McQueen 7 - For the most part I was impressed, he wasn't afraid to run with the ball and take his man on. Just needs to work on his finishing as he shot over twice when well placed.
Barnett 6 - Won plenty of headers and looks a good fit in the lone striker role, much better than Mooney or Hunt are anyway. Nothing really came off for him in front of goal though and missed a sitter at 1-0.

Subs: Kamara 7 - Decent debut, looked composed on the ball and kept things simple.
Wordsworth 7 - A surprise to see him back and he certainly made an impact, took his chance well to open the scoring.
Worrall 7 - Gave us some much needed width in the left and looks to have some fire back in his belly, much improved on his last couple of appearances.

Finally credit to Phil Brown for utilising his subs effectively today, it wasn't a vintage performance by any means but the last ten minutes more than made up for the previous 80.

Was holding his groin after a turn in the first half, thought he might have had to go off, but he carried on, as you say without the usual threat

Had a word with Jamar Loza after the game. He explained that he had been denied permission to play because of concussion from previous match. He said he had trained Saturday morning but only non contact. Said he would be OK for next game. Said "hopefully" in answer to a question about whether he would join permanently. From what was a hurried conversation I thought he was a modest likeable young man.( And I am not biased because his parent club is but 12 miles distant!)

Had a word with Jamar Loza after the game. He explained that he had been denied permission to play because of concussion from previous match. He said he had trained Saturday morning but only non contact. Said he would be OK for next game. Said "hopefully" in answer to a question about whether he would join permanently. From what was a hurried conversation I thought he was a modest likeable young man.( And I am not biased because his parent club is but 12 miles distant!)

Did you phone him and was he standing by his new BMW when you called?

Bentley 7 - didnt do much
ONeill 8 - good going forward
Bolger 7- good defensively
Barrett 8 - never say die. what a player
Hendrie 7 - OK
Atkinson 7 - not bad
Leonard 7 - did alright
McQueen 8 very assured
Barnett 8 - unlucky worked hard
Payne 8 - great control and first touch

subs

Wordsworth 8 - good impact
Worrall 7 delicious assist
Kamara 8 what a debut

MOM - I'd say there were several but i do like the look of Kamara.

ps so good to see so many people I hadnt seen for ages.

Was holding his groin after a turn in the first half, thought he might have had to go off, but he carried on, as you say without the usual threat

Definitely picked up a knock- was clearly hobbling now and again

'hopefully' because we have an option and he needs to earn a contract- I have a feeling he is going to do very well for us (but we will will see..)

Jack Payne involved in all 3 goals. The bloke is quality. His contract should be our number 1 priority.

Yep!.............not everyone has picked that up although I'm sure it didn't escape PB's attention! :smile:

Great run for the third goal, used his strength, that many feel he lacks, to outmuscle the Colchester defender and drive into the box. He would have scored had the ball not been nicked away and into the path of McQueen.

Payne was pretty non existent first half and got out muscled on quite a few occasions.

It doesn't matter though, he got 3 assists which is a great contribution to the game, it's just frightening to think what he'll do if he was on top of his game for the whole match. This is something I want to see.

Back