• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Part 2)

Question 24 – were there any doubts that the stadium won’t be going ahead?
Ron Martin said that Plan b would be to stay where we are, but that we have the right structure in place from the sale of Roots Hall, and the revenue generated by the retail area. He expects to be on site in March 2009, with the retail area functioning in July 2010, with the stadium open in March 2011.

How many clubs move into a new stadium 2 months before the end of a season? Realistic target I would have thought would be the start of 2011/12 season.

Time to reset that countdown timer on the front page!

Last edited:
How many clubs move into a new stadium 2 months before the end of a season? Realistic target I would have thought would be the start of 2011/12 season.

Time to reset that countdown timer on the front page!

The idea is to showcase it during those last few months ready for the following season.

I think Old Blue Lady deserves a round of applause for the hours she spent writing and typing the report. :clap:

Thanks Ken, honestly, it was no bother, did I really make so many mistakes though? My typing skills must have got a bit rusty - wished I could have enjoyed some of the freebie wine on offer though! Do you want your envelope back?! :D

Thanks Ken, honestly, it was no bother, did I really make so many mistakes though? My typing skills must have got a bit rusty - wished I could have enjoyed some of the freebie wine on offer though! Do you want your envelope back?! :D

Good job Tinkerbell didn't do the report, I can imagine " Meeting spoilt by Tilly sitting on his gorgeous bum for an hour and a half."

OldBlueLady said:
Well done Kay, very accurate report of what went on.

Like I say count - I could only remember 2, was there more than that.

Ant - I had a quick chat with Tilly after the meeting. I asked him about Foran. He didn't give too much away other than he had gone on a month's loan to Darlo (as we know), and didn't know what would happen after that. He did stress that he had no probs with Foran, but that it just hasn't worked out for whatever reason, much like Hooper to a certain extent.

The freebie wine was good may i just add

Well done Kay, very accurate report of what went on.

Like I say count - I could only remember 2, was there more than that.

Ant - I had a quick chat with Tilly after the meeting. I asked him about Foran. He didn't give too much away other than he had gone on a month's loan to Darlo (as we know), and didn't know what would happen after that. He did stress that he had no probs with Foran, but that it just hasn't worked out for whatever reason, much like Hooper to a certain extent.

You're close, there were actually only 4 from Mr Tilson himself, and a cheeky little 1 from Mr Duncan on the side!

Thanks for asking him about Foran mate. Good to hear there are no problems with him. :)

Part 2)

Question 22 – a long standing shareholder commented that this was the 1st AGM he had been to where the Accounts had been agreed with no questions asked, and that it was the most professional one he had been to. He went on to discuss the distribution of tickets for high profile games, specifically the Manchester United one and asked if shareholders could have some priority privileges, a subject which he had written to Geoffrey King about.
Ron Martin agreed in principle that shareholders obviously should have some privileges, but wasn’t sure if that should be the same as season ticket holders. There are also Trust members who could ask the same rights. He added that as a Club, we have one of the most advanced IT systems in the country and that this could easily be something that’s looked at.

That's why I haven't had a reply to an email sent to the ticket office 5 weeks ago despite two "chasers".

That's why if we want to book a seat on-line, we can't choose a specific seat.

That's why I haven't had a reply to an email sent to the ticket office 5 weeks ago despite two "chasers".

That's why if we want to book a seat on-line, we can't choose a specific seat.

Mick, Ron's words --- not ours. Why not pick up a SUFC homing pigeon at Tuesday night's match and go from there ?

Mick, Ron's words --- not ours. Why not pick up a SUFC homing pigeon at Tuesday night's match and go from there ?

Yes, I realise that. I think it is on a par with Geoff King saying the catering at Roots Hall is very good.

I sent two e-mails to the ticket office about the Orient JPT game (I was on holiday and had a ticket sent on the autopay thingy, and couldn't use it)

After no response at all, I replied to Matthew Fletcher (from the marketing e-mail we get).

It was only then that I got a response.

I sent two e-mails to the ticket office about the Orient JPT game (I was on holiday and had a ticket sent on the autopay thingy, and couldn't use it)

After no response at all, I replied to Matthew Fletcher (from the marketing e-mail we get).

It was only then that I got a response.

Mine was a reply to Matthew Fletcher !!

Back