• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Southend United close to completing loan signing of John-Joe O'Toole from Northampton

i'd be delighted to finally have someone at the club with a decent Barnet.

the fact that he's 6'2" might be useful coz we don't have that many big uns, especially as back up to Corr and in that he could be useful. our Tim Cahill maybe

If Shrimperzone was Macauley Culkin right now...

tumblr_nfm7qsYQn81tjanjio1_500.gif

So...have we got him (Mr O'Toole that is)....I haven't seen anything on the official site, except Phil being happy with his strongest squad and looking forward to a couple of signings in the January window....or have I missed a trick here? :unsure:

So...have we got him (Mr O'Toole that is)....I haven't seen anything on the official site, except Phil being happy with his strongest squad and looking forward to a couple of signings in the January window....or have I missed a trick here? :unsure:

I've been asking the same question all day! :smile: As CP often states..........these things can often take longer than you think to arrange. There again I would have expected confirmation by now. In all events we haven't got long to wait as the loan window closes tomorrow.

What happens to his 4 yellow cards? Should he steam into one of his team mates in a cameo 15 minute performance, collect a yellow and be banned for just one game on the tot up?. This accidental tackle waiting to happen might wipe the slate, but not sure

We have until 5pm tomorrow to complete and I think the complication is that it will be a loan with a view to a permanent. given he has a three year contract with Northampton I suspect that means a few other niceties to consider.

someone's morning copy of the echo said we had captured him... on the back page!

someone's morning copy of the echo said we had captured him... on the back page!

Never believe what you read in the Echo................the headlines anyway! :smile: Following the headline which states something like 'Third time lucky Brown lands O'Toole', the first sentence reads Southend are CLOSE to completing.....

Yet it does look as though it's going to happen, with CP recently tweeting..........

Chris Phillips @CJPhillips1982 · 42 min il y a 42 minutes

Phil Brown has confirmed his interest in John-Joe O'Toole. Expects to complete the signing tomorrow.

Keith Stroud officiating on Saturday. May be a game O'Toole (and BBBC) could do well to avoid. I suggested to CP that we could try sedating them both. No doubt more from Mick, as far as that's concerned

I would give him an chance, we need someone who can get goals in midfield, but I worries about team spirits to be honest.

Whilst many on here have gone all misty eyed regarding our 3 wins on the spin against relegation fodder I still believe the next 7 games are make or break for Phil and his brand of football,He has too look at securing minimum of 12 points from those fixtures anything less then surely Ron will wield the dreaded axe.

OK Mrs B. Let's think about that. 12 points from the next 7 games......

Here's my forecast:

Northampton (H) 3 points - must be a win, surely?
Wycombe (A) 1 point - a good point if we can get it
Burton (H) 0 points - we always struggle with these beggars
Cambridge (A) 3 points - they have already lost four home games this season, due for another one
Daggers (H) 1 point - they always raise their game against us
Northampton (A) 3 points - no worries
Plymouth (H) 3 points - could be optimistic, maybe a draw.....

TOTAL: 14 points

So PB is safe and we move on up the table. Happy days.

I can only smile at a newspaper article reflecting on the time Brown had Jozy Altidore at Hull. Altidore has signed for Sunderland. It seems Brown had the same effect on strikers even then.

'“I would say £6m is not a bad price for a 23-year-old with Altidore’s attributes.“If I was signing him now for the Premier League, I’d be looking for him to get me double figures in terms of goals this season – then 20 in his second year.”
Altidore managed only one goal for Hull in 28 appearances.
But he hit 31 for Alkmaar in all competitions last season.
His last goal was the winner for the USA against Honduras last month.

We need to give John Otoole every chance and make him feel welcome,perhaps then he will settle in ,enjoy his time here and play some good football, which he is very capable of doing.I myself believe every man that puts on a SUFC jumper deserves respect, only when he shows he dosent respect the shirt would i say GO! YOUR NOT WANTED AT MY CLUB.

JJO could be the sort of player we've needed, if we get the player he was at Bristol Rovers, (15 goals for a relegated side) he could be the one to get us out of this dire division. Let's show him some support when he joins.

See that CP tweeted that PB said 'before, we could not match his wages but now we are in a much stronger financial position'

So does this mean that if he signs he's going to be on what 2.5k a week? I ****ing hope he is good.

See that CP tweeted that PB said 'before, we could not match his wages but now we are in a much stronger financial position'

So does this mean that if he signs he's going to be on what 2.5k a week? I ****ing hope he is good.

CP alos just tweeted that Barnards future is in doubt and talks between us and Stevenage will take place today. Guess if Barney leaves that would free up one of the bigger wages at the club.

I can only smile at a newspaper article reflecting on the time Brown had Jozy Altidore at Hull. Altidore has signed for Sunderland. It seems Brown had the same effect on strikers even then.

'“I would say £6m is not a bad price for a 23-year-old with Altidore’s attributes.“If I was signing him now for the Premier League, I’d be looking for him to get me double figures in terms of goals this season – then 20 in his second year.”
Altidore managed only one goal for Hull in 28 appearances.
But he hit 31 for Alkmaar in all competitions last season.
His last goal was the winner for the USA against Honduras last month.

And your point is?

Back