• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Pre-Match Thread Southend United v Dorking Wanderers, Tuesday 12th March, 19:45 k.o., NL

Starting XI and result

• Collin Andeng-Ndi

Votes: 89 90.8%
  • Gus Scott-Morriss

Votes: 72 73.5%
  • Jason Demetriou

Votes: 45 45.9%
  • Adam Crowther

Votes: 90 91.8%
  • Nathan Ralph

Votes: 88 89.8%
  • Jack Bridge

Votes: 71 72.4%
  • Cav Miley

Votes: 52 53.1%
  • Noor Husin

Votes: 70 71.4%
  • Oli Coker

Votes: 53 54.1%
  • Harry Cardwell

Votes: 87 88.8%
  • Danny Waldron

Votes: 76 77.6%
  • Henry Sandat

Votes: 23 23.5%
  • Marcus Dackers

Votes: 5 5.1%
  • Jack Wood

Votes: 33 33.7%
  • James Morton

Votes: 59 60.2%
  • Deon Woodman

Votes: 57 58.2%
  • Wes Fonguck

Votes: 17 17.3%
  • David Martin

Votes: 2 2.0%
  • Harry Taylor (if fit)

Votes: 3 3.1%
  • ….

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • ….

• ….

• Win

Votes: 70 71.4%
  • Draw

Votes: 9 9.2%
  • Lose

Votes: 4 4.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
All these postponements could well be the straw that broke the camels back, it sounds like Saturday could be called off as well, our pitch is in a hell of a state! Oh well it is getting more and more possible the Essex derby will be alive and well next season!
I admire your confidence that we'll make a late dash for the playoffs! :Winking:

Here’s mine. Change things up a little bit nothing too drastic. I’d like to see Morton get a run of games this season, so he’s in to replace Cav. I’m moving Bridge to the right so he can whip them in early or get to the line and cross first time on his stronger foot. Ralph slot in at LWB. Wood plays the hole behind the strikers to link play between the midfield and front line.

Attachments

• IMG_0087.jpeg
    IMG_0087.jpeg
    359 KB · Views: 27
Kev seems a little defensive recently in his interviews.

For me the biggest issue is creativity from the middle. Bridgey gets dug out because we seem to play everything to him. If the midfielders were able to drop a shoulder and drive into space more often to get shots away, it would take more focus away from JB.

Because we are so one dimensional at times, it leads to fan frustration.

We do look more attacking when fonguck is on it and when wood comes off the bench.

That said we played some amazing balls in to the box against daggers and cards and Waldron need to make the most of them.

Kensdale has also been a big loss.

Dorking are depleted in numbers and are low in confidence. If we can get a fast start then I can see them crumbling.

We can't afford yet another slow start tonight.

Here’s mine. Change things up a little bit nothing too drastic. I’d like to see Morton get a run of games this season, so he’s in to replace Cav. I’m moving Bridge to the right so he can whip them in early or get to the line and cross first time on his stronger foot. Ralph slot in at LWB. Wood plays the hole behind the strikers to link play between the midfield and front line.
If Bridge plays on the right, we will see that he hasn't got the pace to go outside his full back and cross the ball. There is a reason he plays at this level, it is about right for him and for that reason he has limitations.

Could we go from second highest attendance of the season to lowest?

I think our lowest league gate of the season was 4700 and something.

I still think tonight will be well over 5k but still dissapointing to drop 3k odd.

Maybe this game should have been kid for a quid to bump numbers.

I think you'll be okay purely due to how dire forest green and Sutton are. Id much rather it be a football league derby
We are dominating games but failing to score goals, we lost Joe Taylor who was our leading scorer and have injuries to another striker (Tovide) who has been out for weeks. Akinde and Hopper are not taking their chances and then we concede daft goals after having lots of possession! Sutton and FGR are improving and closing the gap, we certainly need a few wins to stay up and yes a football league derby would be a preferred option!

I think you'll be okay purely due to how dire forest green and Sutton are. Id much rather it be a football league derby
Exactly why the promotions/relegations need looking at. The top 6 or 7 teams in the national league would most likely beat all of Sutton, FGR, Colchester, Grimsby, Salford etc. under current conditions.

The standard at this level is really impressive and it would be a far more competitive league two if more went down and more came up from the NL.

We are dominating games but failing to score goals, we lost Joe Taylor who was our leading scorer and have injuries to another striker (Tovide) who has been out for weeks. Akinde and Hopper are not taking their chances and then we concede daft goals after having lots of possession! Sutton and FGR are improving and closing the gap, we certainly need a few wins to stay up and yes a football league derby would be a preferred option!
Along with Sears a reminder that whilst Still & Co get more right than wrong the White Board isn’t infallible…

Could we go from second highest attendance of the season to lowest?

I think our lowest league gate of the season was 4700 and something.

I still think tonight will be well over 5k but still dissapointing to drop 3k odd.

Maybe this game should have been kid for a quid to bump numbers.
Yep.

Lowest this season is 4,748 v Maidenhead, then 5,402 v Kiddy.

So probably the second lowest gate of the season tonight. Maybe a tad over 5,000 which is still good all things considered.

Wow ok that's an interesting one but not something I think we'd see Kev trying. No way are we taking risks until we're 100% safe.

Gus would need benching for this .. he does need a rest. But Bridge will play and he'll start on the left. It'll be Gus or JD (possibly) at RWB. Wood, I've said before perhaps he should start but I feel he's seen as an impact player to bring on to test tiring defences .. a role he carried out to great effect vs Aldershot. I can't see him being played as an 8 or a 10 from the start purely because of the way Kev likes to set his teams up, plus Noor would be the logical player to drop and I can't see that happening. He'll keep faith with the tried & tested as long as they're fit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back