• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Unsure but more than happy to be proved wrong on this occasion :thumbsup:

The ref against Crewe was due to be Dean Whitestone, but it was changed and Charles Breakspear was the one who made the wall stand 15yds from the ball!

The ref against Crewe was due to be Dean Whitestone, but it was changed and Charles Breakspear was the one who made the wall stand 15yds from the ball!

A combination of this Breakspear fella & the Peterborough lino would be my worst nightmare!

Bentley
White Barrett Thompson Coker
WordsWorth Timlin deegan Hurst
......... ... ........ Payne
........................Barnett
I hear Weston is back....maybe chuck him in against his old club in place or WordsWorth (who is not really a winger)

Dont mind that line up, I would prefer to see Weston coming on as an impact sub to be honest.

Gillingham have less than 200 tickets left now, so it will definatley be our biggest away support of the season, & we have sold nearly 6,500 so far, so its looking to be a 9k+ crowd and a good atmosphere come match day.

I just hope this whole "Phil to Bolton" rumour has'nt unsettled the team to much during the weeks preperations.

I reckon we might see a tougher tackling Deegan now that the deadline has passed for the 10 yellow card limit (second Sunday in March for Football League). Wouldn't mind the line-up above, but suspect it might be unchanged so:

Bentley

White Thompson Barrett Coker

Hurst Kamara Deegan Wordsworth

Payne

Barnett

Subs: T.Smith, O'Neill, Timlin, McLaughlin, Atkinson, Loza, Weston​

I'm sure millwall sold around 2k when they came to the hall

I believe currently our 3 highest away crowds this season at Roots Hall are:

1791 (Coventry)
1745 (Millwall)
1312 (Colchester)

All being said, a great effort & respect to the Gills for bringing their fans in big numbers to the Hall, I know we are one of only a couple of southern teams in this league, but they have really got behind their club in this fixture what with their own 2k2RH twitter site (especially considering they average around just over 500 away support versus our around nearly 700 away).

Last edited:
The marriage vows do say "for better and for worse, in good times and in bad .............." so I think the courts will say he's made his bed so now lie in it ............:smiles:

LOL

Yeah the relationship was tested a tad recently, when I took great pleasure in advising Mrs Mattito (after her long, stressfull, and tiresome day at work) that Aldershot just lost 8-2 to Chester!

For the life of me, I still cant understand how my dinner got Burnt to a crisp, yet hers came out of the oven ok?? :smile:

I've just had a quick look at the weather forecast for Saturday and no rain and 6°C appears to be the order of the day with a NE wind to warm us up. No problem for those of a robust nature but a bit fresh for me and her.

I reckon 10,000 plus now not massive rivalry between us thankfully, ( no trouble ) but

The Essex Police write : OK lads, stand easy. Looks like tea and buns in the Roots Hall Car Park during the game again. What could possibly go wrong!

The Essex Police write : OK lads, stand easy. Looks like tea and buns in the Roots Hall Car Park during the game again. What could possibly go wrong!

I hear there was trouble at Manure last night from <1% of the people attending and yet that gets all the headlines.

It's a game of football ........... and about time that hooligans fecked off elsewhere rather than attending a sporting event and spoiling it for everyone.

I hear there was trouble at Manure last night from <1% of the people attending and yet that gets all the headlines.

It's a game of football ........... and about time that hooligans fecked off elsewhere rather than attending a sporting event and spoiling it for everyone.

It seems to be on the rise again, I've seen people liking stuff on Facebook sites dedicated to football violence.

Good crowd for this one it seems, hopefully we will get a good result. The players and PB need to put aside the Bolton speculation and focus on 3 points. As much as I like Justin Edinburgh I hope he goes away disappointed tomorrow. I will be at MK Dons vs Brighton tomorrow watching Alex Revell and Ben Reeves.

Stat ;

In their last 20 away games against teams positioned in the top half of the table, Gillingham have won 2, drawn 6 and lost 12 of these matches.

Back