• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

One good thing is that we haven't got Paul Benson to stick one on us, thankfully!

Last edited:
I would start same line-up as last night apart from White coming back in for Leonard and DW starting over Mclaughlin Even though the performance was slow prior to the substitutions, I feel the other 9 earned their shirt.

Interestingly, Luton have only won 3 since Valentine's Day, and 2 of those wins have come against Tranmere and Hartlepool. While it seems that their form has picked up, they've had an easier run of games which has seen them get those two wins against the teams fighting relegation and a draw against Daggers.

They are yet to win an away game by more than a one goal margin and are yet to score more than two goals away from home.

Will post up a more detailed statistical preview later on today.

Elliot Lee joined on the 19th of Feb... He was the saviour of our season at one point...... :net:

I just remember how they dominated us more than any team this season at their place and it makes me very nervous. I hope Bolger has a better game than he did against them previously.

In all fairness we were poop that day, the first goal was very good, the second a gift. PB got team selection all wrong and in the second half we were much better, especially after Corr came on and started dominating the old guy at the back.

In all fairness we were poop that day, the first goal was very good, the second a gift. PB got team selection all wrong and in the second half we were much better, especially after Corr came on and started dominating the old guy at the back.

hmmmmm I tend not to agree with all of that. They had plenty of chances and for me they looked like they could have scored a fair few more against us. When Corr and Payne came on we were good for the first 10 minutes but that fizzled out.

That being said they don't seem to be that side anymore so I am of course hoping we play a hell of a lot better, I just remember being really impressed by them. Although we were terrible that day so made it easier for them.

Nothing to fear on Saturday.

Don't forget, this time last year they lost at home to Braintree!:cool:

Ive not been overly impressed with McLaughlin, and Paul Clarke on radio was very luke warm over him.

I think you can tell he's a decent player but he's very inconsistant and we only see glimpses of what he can really do once or twice in a game. That's why he's a league 2 player I guess, I would choose Worrall over him.

Elliot Lee joined on the 19th of Feb... He was the saviour of our season at one point...... :net:

Indeed, he has done very little there and the ranting that went on over it at the time shown to be over the top. Such is the way of any young loanee, some work out some dont.

As Beefy says above, thats no doubt a cue for him to score Saturday!

I think you can tell he's a decent player but he's very inconsistant and we only see glimpses of what he can really do once or twice in a game. That's why he's a league 2 player I guess, I would choose Worrall over him.

Indeed, as I said above about Lee, thats what you get with youngsters.

Id have no problems with him playing , he does have a good cross on him, but if Worrall is up for playing Id want him in ahead of him.

Jam_Man said:
Ive not been overly impressed with McLaughlin, and Paul Clarke on radio was very luke warm over him.
I thought he was very impressive last week against Newport. Definitely one I'd like to sign given the opportunity.

With us playing Luton and Morecombe in our last two games, and particularly with Morecombe seemingly holding the key to our destiny (or at least having a finger or two on it) perhaps we should all wear Eric Morecombe glasses for both games?

Maybe Saturday should be Roman togas and Eric Morecombe glasses?

Previous results
Luton Town 2-0 Southend United - 11 October 2014

General goal statistics
62% of Luton's goals have been scored in the first half.
66% of Luton's games have had under 2.5 goals in total.
Luton have score 29% of their goals between the 31st and 45th minute.
Luton have conceded 23% of their goals between the 76th and 90th minute.

Rankings
In the Away league table, Luton are in 13th position
In the form league table, Luton are in 20th position
In the goals scored league table, Luton are in 13th position
In the goals conceded league table, Luton are in 7th position

Away form this season
Played 22 Won 6 Drawn 7 Lost 9
Percentage of overall points total from away fixtures: 38%
Most frequent away scores: 1-1 Draw (4 times), 1-0 Win (4 times), 1-0 Loss (4 times)
Worst away defeat: 3-0 Loss vs Morecambe
Best away win: 1-0 Win (4 times), 2-1 Win (Twice)
Clean sheets in away fixtures: 6 times
Failed to score in away fixtures: 9 times

Last 8 matches
3-0 W Hartlepool (H) 18 April
0-0 D Dagenham & Redbridge (A) 14 April
0-1 L Burton Albion (H) 11 April
1-0 W Tranmere (A) 6 April
2-3 L Exeter City (H) 3 April
1-2 L Northamption (A) 28 March
2-3 L Wycombe (H) 24 March
0-1 L Newport (A) 17 March

Top scorers
Mark Cullen (12 goals, inc. 3 away)
Luke Wilkinson (4 goals, inc. 1 away)
Jacob Howells (4 goals, inc. 1 away)

Anyone scared than Morecambe really won't want us to go up after Ron's comments about them a few years back. I hope they never heard those comments!!

Anyone scared than Morecambe really won't want us to go up after Ron's comments about them a few years back. I hope they never heard those comments!!
Aside from the pure irrelevance as to whether they want us to go up or not, you've just pretty much guaranteed that someone, somewhere from Morecombe will now find out about it, dig it up and make a thing of it.

Well done.

Aside from the pure irrelevance as to whether they want us to go up or not, you've just pretty much guaranteed that someone, somewhere from Morecombe will now find out about it, dig it up and make a thing of it.

Well done.

And you think they don't already know? Don't worry lads, we will beat them anyway, it's our year and turn and nothing will stop us.

I hope we have several observers at the Wycombe v Morecambe game on Saturday, we need to plan our victory over the Shrimps in as much detail as possible.....

Back