• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Newport are a defensive-minded team in mid-table form since Justin Edinburgh left. Will be like all home games, a scrappy, low-scoring affair. Hopefully we can get an early breakthrough and build on it, but the smart money will be on 0-0.

Thats a real blow.

Pigott did well to start with but 1 goal in 9 doesnt fill me with confidence.

Oh......kay.. Looks like Cassidy and the Pig then. Let's hope they do the business, and that Barry's problem is soon sorted.

Mind games would be comments related to injuries, not going back due to family problems.

Found the referee for Tuesday night. Don't want to step on Mick's toes but we seem to have a reasonably good record with him. Needless to say, it's now virtually one strike (or rather lack of a strike) and we're out of the automatics. Wycombe win and we fail to get three points, automatics is all over, bar the shouting.

I hope Bazzas family problems are not too distressing and he does feel able to make it back for all or part of the Game. Come on our Irish contingent with Bazza, Deegan, Mc. Laughlin and Bolger turning in more great performances, with the craik from the touchline from Coughlin. Wonder if we have had more than 4 Irishman in the side before?. Hope to be there if tonsillitis allows!!, if so my vocal support will be in a pathetic croaky whisper.

:pig: and Butch could work well, instead.

Don't forget, the only match we've won against any of the top four, we played with Coulthirst & Weston upfront!:blush:

If the Newport fans are any thing to go by we should walk this game,

from their board after Saturdays defeat-

Time to get rid of Jimmy Dack now.Our season is over so lets appoint a new manager sooner rather than later.The quality of football served up for most of the season has been poor to say the least.We don't even look like scoring.The forwards were woeful again today.Let us at least give a couple of the youngsters a go before the end of the season.

:pig: and Butch could work well, instead.

Don't forget, the only match we've won against any of the top four, we played with Coulthirst & Weston upfront!:blush:

Yeah, but not a patch on Shaq and Weston. I really don't know why we didn't persevere with that pairing, it was diamond.

If the Newport fans are any thing to go by we should walk this game,

from their board after Saturdays defeat-

Time to get rid of Jimmy Dack now.Our season is over so lets appoint a new manager sooner rather than later.The quality of football served up for most of the season has been poor to say the least.We don't even look like scoring.The forwards were woeful again today.Let us at least give a couple of the youngsters a go before the end of the season.

Any visitor to this board after a draw/defeat would say the same though. It seems like fans all over the country want to see their teams play hungry young strikers.

The fact that Corr might not start is worrying, I was quite happy with Cassidy on saturday but when Piggott came on I thought he just didnt seem right. He seemed slow and not really that interested, maybe its just me but I was overly impressed with his work rate or what he did on the pitch. Something just didnt seem right with him.

Dont change a winning team.

Do change a winning team.

Play the next game, not the last one.

Chris Phillips @CJPhillips1982 · 3 min il y a 3 minutes
Brown: "Barry Corr has gone home to Ireland because of a family problem. I massively doubt he will play tomorrow."

Huge blow if we're without him.

If everyone's available (and what was wrong with Lenny?) I'd go

Bentley
White Bolger Barrett Coker
Hurst Leonard Timlin Worrall
Corr Pigott

Also, when's Prosser due back?

He's up against his former club tomorrow so the Pig should have a bit more motivation than normal to do well.

Turns out I'm not as clueless as the majority of you lot. CORR needed a rest and he is getting one. :hilarious:

Turns out I'm not as clueless as the majority of you lot. CORR needed a rest and he is getting one. :hilarious:

Yes, he should have been rested with us 2-0 up and cruising with half an hour to go against a poor team on Good Friday.

Back