• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Yeah, but not a patch on Shaq and Weston. I really don't know why we didn't persevere with that pairing, it was diamond.

:smile:

Further digging and the only other match we've won against anyone in the top 10, home or away, Coulthirst also played upfront.

We just let him go far too early!!:winking:

Barnard back on the bench then? He made it to the bench for the swimming session with Bury the other week. Williams was recalled to assist in the run in so maybe he'll make it?

Massive blow about Corr. His goal on Saturday was his 50th league goal for the club.

2 changes Brown has to make - if they're both fit:-

McLaughlin isn't doing a lot in the team. Waits for the ball to come to him rather than going to get it. Hope he's just rusty but we don't have time to order in the rust remover so it has to be Worrall, who has been excellent for most of the season and the type of player defences dread. No brainer this one

Then there's Cassidy. Dearie me. Yes he runs around a lot but so does my Jack Russell, and neither score goals or have any assists. The Pig has scored goals, he's proven, so has to start.

Worrall, Corr, and the Pig are our best forwards and they have to start for the rest of the season. Get as much playing time in before the playoffs. We need a potent attacking force to go up and these guys are our only hope.

With Corr potentially out, and Pigott and Cassidy not being exactly prolific at the monent, I think there's an argument to start Jack Payne just slightly off another striker.

Tuesday is only a few days and nights away.
The BIG games keep on coming; it is all to play for for both teams with aspirations (and cliches) to the fore.
We MUST have 3pts, they would settle for a point.
With the "park the bus" situation looming Mr Brown must sharpen things up.
Dan in GK, hopefully no mask.
Same back 4 (injuries permitting) BUT have Mads and JBW/Luke on the bench as left and right side cover.
Middies? Tims, Atko, Wozza and Deegs (with Lenny, Mac, Kevan/Jack on bench).
Barry and Cassidy to start, The Pig to come on (after 60 mins?) .

3 nil Blues, sometime WE WILL hit top gear!

5734 crowd, 234 from The Valleys.
Doubt they'll bring that many from Wales on a Tuesday night.

I don't have a problem with Corr sitting a game out, as long as we alter the way we play. We can't keep lumping the ball up the middle if he's not playing, Cassidy and Pigott won't win anything in the air and it will keep coming back.

Spoke to Leonard on Saturday. Got a bit of a kick by a youth player on Friday and had a fitness test on Saturday morning after his ankle swelled up.
After speaking to him, he said he wasn't sure when he would be back but shouldn't really be too long. I'd suggest he won't play tomorrow.

Leonard and Atkinson were in Waitrose on Sunday morning, both with tracksuits on, and Lenny certainly wasn't limping! I was surprised that there was a training session then to be honest.

Leonard and Atkinson were in Waitrose on Sunday morning, both with tracksuits on, and Lenny certainly wasn't limping! I was surprised that there was a training session then to be honest.

They go in for a warm down on Sunday mornings.

I didn't know they did their warm downs in Waitrose!:winking:

They
They go in for a warm down on Sunday mornings.

This weeks training schedule will change obviously because of Tuesday's match. They have even cancelled their normal Monday yoga session this afternoon :'(

Waitrose? They're earning too much..

I wouldn't claim to be much of an armchair manager but I do know the midfield on Saturday against Tranmere didn't work. They were hussled off the ball far too easily, passes going astray, Tranmere just seemed to want the ball more than us. Thankfully they were clueless once they got it otherwise the result would not have been nice. So whoever plays, please not that combination again. Surely Worrall has to start?

Drop McLaughlin hopefully, didn't see anything about him worth getting excited about! Start with Worrall too instead and with Pig and Cass probably starting up front could see Williams on bench which will please mrsblue :winking:

I think I mentioned in another thread, speaking to a Notts fan I know McLaughlin will be anonymous for a while and then produce perfect assists from nowhere, gamble including him but he still has an extremely good assist ratio from his time there. Worrall is definitely a better all-round player and when on form offers more, but he's not been at the top of his game recently. TBH if I was manager I'm not sure which way I'd go...

Don't have a problem with McLaughlin, there is definitely something there as we saw on Saturday with an excellent break at speed. Trouble was he didn't quite know what to do with it at the end of the break and didn't have many options around him. We've got to learn to use him better, or rather, Dan needs to. Throw outs don't always have to go through the full back, a quick one out to the winger would carry more impetus.

I do prefer Worrall but if he's a bit susceptible to injury, then McLaughlin is worth persisting with and he does work well with Coker on the attack.

“We will be positive and look to win the game and there is no reason why we shouldn’t,” he said.
“We’ve won at Bury, Wycombe and Burton and drawn at Shrewsbury, so we should head there with confidence and belief that we can get the result we need.”

quote from Newport manager Diack, so hopefully they won't park the bus

Back