• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Strengthening the squad

We’ll do well to retain Miley. Yes, he had a rough patch following injury, but by and large he’s one of the first names on the team sheet.

He reads the game superbly and is more than capable of dictating play. What we need is someone to compliment him in midfield, someone like a Zak Brunt for example.
Cav is moving up this way this summer and his girlfriend has just secured a job in a local school as well. Pretty sure he's committed to the club.

Yep, good last season but not the same
Player since injury, and spends more time in the back line, we already have five defenders which imo is too many we do not need six! Also too many missed place passes & looses ball to often.
🤦🏻‍♂️…. No words at all for this

A lot of people have probably underestimated the Dave Martin connection. I think he rates Colin quite highly & will have plenty of connections at other clubs to put him in the shop window.

If DM leaves us this summer - which feels likely - then I wouldn’t be surprised to see Colin follow suit… possibly even with Dave.

London Shrimper has just posted that Collin wants to leave the club :Sad:
Chris Phillips posted an X the other week when he expressed an opinion that the Club would have done well to retain Colin over the summer. Think there is real substance in him moving on now, CP does not make those type of observations without some insight.

Be a big shame if Collin did leave after the season he’s had, but at the same time, it’s hard to begrudge him. I just hope that, if he does go, he actually plays and doesn’t just warm the bench.

He only signed a new deal a few months ago
Hopefully that will earn us a few extra coins when he goes. Will be a shame to see him leave. But cannot blame him. Plenty of decent GK's out there, however.

Nick Hayes I thought was decent in his short time with us and has done well overall at Solihull, for instance. 9 clean sheets in 28, similar to Collin (11 in 33). Out of contract this summer, if we are looking for a new No.1...

If it provides a few quid for a top end Striker/CAM, I wouldn't say no.

A lot of people have probably underestimated the Dave Martin connection. I think he rates Colin quite highly & will have plenty of connections at other clubs to put him in the shop window.

If DM leaves us this summer - which feels likely - then I wouldn’t be surprised to see Colin follow suit… possibly even with Dave.
I spoke to DM at the Shrimpers Trust POTY awards. Asked him what his situ was. He said he was looking to stay and just needed to iron out a few bits but think he is very keen to become the FT keeper coach. With the improvement in Colin this season then id think we would be in safe hands whoever our keeper is next season

Regarding Colin, id love him to stay but if we can get a decent fee with add ons then wed be mad to not let him go. Think finding a new keeper would be easier than trying to replace Cardwell if rumours are true and he may be off. Goal scorers get you out this league. Our defence is solid but we need to add another 30 goals to our game.

See David Stockdale is available again but maybe not what we are looking for now

Hopefully that will earn us a few extra coins when he goes. Will be a shame to see him leave. But cannot blame him. Plenty of decent GK's out there, however.
Yeah, but odd from his perspective if he wants out. The actual tweet says if the deal is right - I'd suspect that applies to every footballer at every club.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240423_113953.jpg
    Screenshot_20240423_113953.jpg
    141 KB · Views: 68
Im sure the club probably did that so that we can secure a fee for him. If a L1 or L2 team comes knocking and pay a decent fee then sure we will have to accept it in the best interest of him and the club
He be daft to sign a new deal if he wants to leave - higher fee likely to mean lower signing on fee/wages

I spoke to DM at the Shrimpers Trust POTY awards. Asked him what his situ was. He said he was looking to stay and just needed to iron out a few bits but think he is very keen to become the FT keeper coach. With the improvement in Colin this season then id think we would be in safe hands whoever our keeper is next season

Personally I’d like him to stay, he’s clearly been a positive for Colin and the club itself. From my understanding, if a better offer came along (money/role/higher up the pyramid) then he’d likely take it.

Unfortunately, just like Colin, I suspect DM already has some suitors waiting in the wings.

Back