• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

I am not a Liverpool fan also southend have used orange as away colours before now if u look through history of away kits

When other than the 2000/01 Wyndham Plastics effort? Genuine question - I can't recall any others, certainly not since the mid-80s.

When other than the 2000/01 Wyndham Plastics effort? Genuine question - I can't recall any others, certainly not since the mid-80s.

We did have one in that horrible waffle fabric about 10 or 12 years ago, I know my son had the shirt and I managed to melt it on my iron when I tried to iron it! It may have been a 3rd kit, back when Maher was still playing, I think we also had a red away kit but can't remember which was which?

We did have one in that horrible waffle fabric about 10 or 12 years ago, I know my son had the shirt and I managed to melt it on my iron when I tried to iron it! It may have been a 3rd kit, back when Maher was still playing, I think we also had a red away kit but can't remember which was which?

We've had a couple of those, I have a signed Betterview Windows red one, there was also a red Insure and Go one.

My favourite Southend kit was a red one - the away custard splash. Red on burgundy. Lovely.

As we enter the dreary 11-month close season for kit discussions, when we can no longer argue about shades of blue and who is this season's armpit sponsor, and we are left to concentrate solely on the football, can someone quickly summarise the fundamental questions raised by this thread:

In terms of kit design and sponsor predictions, who was right and - to borrow Mr Stevart's phrase - who was a deluded melon?

If I were to admit that there are several things I care less about than shade of kit colouring, but on reflection really not that many, would that mean I am a bad person??

As we enter the dreary 11-month close season for kit discussions, when we can no longer argue about shades of blue and who is this season's armpit sponsor, and we are left to concentrate solely on the football, can someone quickly summarise the fundamental questions raised by this thread:

In terms of kit design and sponsor predictions, who was right and - to borrow Mr Stevart's phrase - who was a deluded melon?

If I were to admit that there are several things I care less about than shade of kit colouring, but on reflection really not that many, would that mean I am a bad person??

Not at all. But as a proven 'not bad person' who couldn't care less about the shade of kit colouring, it does pose the question of why you are now playing in this particular sandpit. I'm guessing that there is a teeny weeny bit of you that wants to be in the deluded melon club. To answer your questions, Ricey is probably the winner because he could remember the Director's wife's tweet from last season when she gave us a big pointer towards what we finally got, and Ricey also knew who the back of shirt Sponsor was before it was published. An honourable mention for OBL cos she knew lots of stuff.

Having started this thread this year, I now feel my job is done.

Not at all. But as a proven 'not bad person' who couldn't care less about the shade of kit colouring, it does pose the question of why you are now playing in this particular sandpit. I'm guessing that there is a teeny weeny bit of you that wants to be in the deluded melon club. To answer your questions, Ricey is probably the winner because he could remember the Director's wife's tweet from last season when she gave us a big pointer towards what we finally got, and Ricey also knew who the back of shirt Sponsor was before it was published. An honourable mention for OBL cos she knew lots of stuff.

A couple of others of us also knew this, and full credit to everyone in not revealing it to steal their thunder.

Just had a look at the back sponsor on the club shop site
http://shrimpers.clubstore.co.uk/su-9200-ss-home-jsy-17-18-adult#prettyPhoto/1/

I would have thought logo would have been on the darker blue/shoulders, but its lower down. Will players names be under the number now? Anyone see any personalised kits at the MTB day?

EDIT: Also, only 1 colour GK kit on sale. Maybe they could use the red training kit for away GK.

Nothing personalised on show at MTBD as kits only available from then and the printing stuff is obviously only at the club shop.

Nothing personalised on show at MTBD as kits only available from then and the printing stuff is obviously only at the club shop.

Are they usually able to do shirt printing there and then, or is it best to go to the shop on a non-match day?

Are they usually able to do shirt printing there and then, or is it best to go to the shop on a non-match day?

They do struggle to do printing on match days. To be honest, if you're ordering it, you're best to order the printing too and then have it sent or collect. There's also obviously a back log at this time of year with printing and some letters run out!

Have the new squad numbers been confirmed yet?

Just looked on the SUFC website and none of the new signings have numbers, and Kightly is named twice; as a Midfielder AND a Striker

They do struggle to do printing on match days. To be honest, if you're ordering it, you're best to order the printing too and then have it sent or collect. There's also obviously a back log at this time of year with printing and some letters run out!

Good stuff, thanks!

At first I hated them both, they are now growing on me.
I prefer the away but i'm now just feeling 'meh' about the home. I haven't liked the template on everyone else and I think we need white trim for it to look proper.
See how things look on Saturday I guess

Quite a few like to wear the away shirt to home games, nothing wrong with that at all. But in an attempt to stay safe, maybe not a clever move against Blackpool at the Hall.

images

...as a proven 'not bad person' who couldn't care less about the shade of kit colouring, it does pose the question of why you are now playing in this particular sandpit. I'm guessing that there is a teeny weeny bit of you that wants to be in the deluded melon club. ...

RHB - my lack of interest in the final kit design doesn't mean that I haven't been enthralled with the swings and roundabouts of this thread! And I would be a happy man if "deluded melon" was the worse thing ever thrown at me by my wife.

Back